Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Is anyone voting in the crunchyroll anime awards?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Is anyone voting in the crunchyroll anime awards?
    Just did, I gave a lot of votes to Mob Psycho and My Hero Academia for the most part, and a few for Space Patrol Luluco.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Just did, I gave a lot of votes to Mob Psycho and My Hero Academia for the most part, and a few for Space Patrol Luluco.
    Who did you vote for in the best fight category?

Extraordinary Member

Who did you vote for in the best fight category?
    Shigeo vs. Koyama

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Shigeo vs. Koyama
    I wrote in the Sasuke vs. Naruto battle. (Which shouldn't have gotten a proper nod of it's own)

Amazing Member pearlofthepacific's Avatar

Kono Manga ga Sugoi! lists for 2017 - I looked at this recently and picked up a few titles I hadn't seen around, including Kabi NAGATA's Sabishisugite Lesbian Fuuzoku ni Ikimashita Report (various English translations around, My report on going to a Lesbian Sex Service because I was so very lonely). This is a ground-breaker - it manages to both convey the extreme isolation of both mental illness and gayness in Japanese society AND build a connection with readers. Much of that success is due to her artwork - she has an impeccable sense of line and space, which allows the reader to read hot and heart-rending experience in a "cool" and introspective way, and she's also not afraid to distort that line to convey emotion.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/sear...+Sugoi%21+2017

Fusako KURAMOCHI 5 Minutes from the Station is a set of short stories on people who live near the fictional "Hanazome" station. I enjoy short stories in manga - in this case, a number of people who live in the area feature in a story, but the other characters also pass by in the background or have brief encounters with the main character for each story. I hope it comes out in English. It's written in a slice of life style.

The shortlist that came out in January 2016 for the 2016 Manga Taisho....the winner was Golden Kamui, by Satoru NODA. I read the first volume, because I was interested in the Ainu angle (Ainu people are an ethnic minority who now survive only in Hokkaido). However, it's definitely an action manga, and a little too violent for my tastes - that is, the story works to generate violence, rather than violence being incidental to the story. It's a well-made manga though.

Akiko HIGASHIMURA's Tokyo Tarareba Musume (Tokyo Cod-liver Girls) (pun -tara (cod), -reba (liver) was short-listed. Higashimura won a previous Manga Taisho with Jellyfish Girl (Kuragehime), and this manga is also being animated. It's a "girls life" humorous manga, funny, but maybe not that compelling.

Shinichi ISHIZUKA (of "Gaku" fame) Blue Giant jazz sax player theme. If you like music, you will enjoy this - I read one volume of another very forgettable manga about saxophonists, and the difference is so clear. Ishizuka knows how to build story, character, and worlds.

Kei SANBE's Erased (Boku Dake ga Inai Machi)
    would possibly have been my pick out of the shortlist. The artwork is good, and Sanbe's ability to create a mood is outstanding. Interview here:
    http://manga.tokyo/anime-seasons/win...ator-interview

Also shortlisted was Dungeon Meshi (Dungeon Food) but I just couldn't work up enough enthusiasm to buy a copy.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-titles/.97690

Nami yo Kiite Kure (Born to be on Air) by Hiroaki SAMURA - I have not even seen this, but there's a review and a couple of pages in French here:
    http://www.japan-touch.net/2016/10/n...l#.WHG0J_mLSUk
    Last edited by pearlofthepacific; 01-07-2017 at 09:06 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I wrote in the Sasuke vs. Naruto battle. (Which shouldn't have gotten a proper nod of it's own)
    *slaps face*

I didn't even consider writing in another suggestion. But yeah, I should've added that as. That or All-Might vs. Noumu.

Extraordinary Member

Well, the results were announced. Sasuke vs. Naruto was the top write in

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Canon female super saiyan inbound. And she doesn't just change hair color, she hulks out into an homage to Broly.

Anyone else watching Akiba's Trip? It's very lighthearted and fun, with some personal meaning for me since I go to the setting location (Akihabara) about once every two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlon View Post
    I've started reading Gantz (Yeah pretty old) Never considered reading it in the past, althought i'm into seinen manga in general. But don't know what got into me and now i'm in volume 9. The plot is interesting, the aliens very creepy (How does Hiroya Oku come with the ideas for them i don't want to know) The characters... i think the point was showing the worst of the worst of human beings ( i specially dislike Kei Kurono for now) The only remarkable one for me till now is Kato.
    Check out Inuyashiki also by Hiroya Oku, I love it so far, just grabbed volume 5

Amazing Member pearlofthepacific's Avatar

Akiba's Trip? No - must look for it! I enjoy the new Akihabara, but I kind of miss the old Akihabara - still spend more time in the backstreet shops with the cardboard boxes! Though I can't say I dislike Yodobashi Camera!

Okay some updates:

Spirit Blade Mountain after the content of the last season it seems the author went full retard and the MC became extremely arrogant like in so many Chinese xanxian stories to the point where you want to hit him.

DD3 Legend of the Dragon King starting to go even better and nearing episode 850 of the web novel, Manhuras only the start is made we need to wait until DD1 is finished and it seems (dd1) is still hin hiatus until summer with the production of the Manhuras
    Following the advancement of spirit technology, the humans of Douluo Continent conquered the ocean and discovered two new continents. After being hunted by spirit masters excessively, the spirit beasts are nearly extinct. After countless years of lying dormant, the King of the Spirit Beasts has awakened on the Great Star Dou Forest. It will lead its remaining clansmen in taking vengeance against humanity!

Tang Wu Lin is determined to become a powerful Spirit Master. However, when he awakened his martial spirit, it was actually a…

Incomparable talent. The battle of the Dragon King. The Legend of our Dragon King hereby begins.
    PS: Some knowledge from the end of DD2.5 is good otherwise you get confused this child is the son from the hero of DD1
    Star Martial God Technique is realtiv good I read the novel and the Manhura is recently updated I wait for the next volume of the books.
    In the whole world there lays twelve paths to climb the Tower of God, and in legends these twelve pathways leads toward legendary road of immortality. However these paths in the Tower of God, are far too long, without end.

In ancient times there once were many types of martial art, sadly the world underwent terrible changes, and only three were left: Flame, Dragon and Star Martial Arts. Generations of experts of those three martial arts are searching for road of immortality.

Star Martial Arts practitioner on his journey of lifetime, with young beauties on the side, plans to become Highest God.
    Yaoguai Mingdan it is web comic but a very interesting one , the hero reincarnated countless times and each time he sparked the interest of a woman and each is insanely strong and everyone of them comes into his life in this reincarnation after 1000th of years.
    A foxy temptress. A strange misty tree demon. A girl with the power of the goddess Xianjia! Being caught between these women is a feat in it of itself, but our hero Feng Xi must fight in order to protect the peace and save the world!
    Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku . Maybe a harm story maybe not the MC refuse to it typical Asian development: novel , web novel , manga and soon anime

From MangaHelpers: 29-year-old programmer Suzuki Ichirou finds himself transported into a fantasy RPG. Within the game, he's a 15-year-old named Satou. At first he thinks he's dreaming, but his experiences seem very real. Due to his use of a 3-time-use special power (meteor shower), he ends up wiping out an army of lizardmen and becoming very high level. He hides his level and plans to live peacefully and meet new people, though developments in the game story (like the return of a demon king) might get in his way.

Extraordinary Member