Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

I'm an old school guy. Showing my age, but I started with Ninja Scroll haha

BTW...I'm also an artist and recently did my own book. It's called HAFU. If you're into anime with a bit of a mafia crime twist, check it out. www.Showmecomics.com/hafu

BTW MORE GUNDAM is coming in August and it is by Yoshiyuki Tomino:

Gundam G no Reconguista

Anyone else excited?

Also just (finally) read Biomega vol.1 which was not only visually stunning but also an amazing read and I see solicited again as a new printing in July 2014 Previews... Can't understand why their isn't an anime adaption of this series unless it goes to pot later on.

Currently on Steel Ball Run with JoJo. Probably the best part so far of the series.
    Also reading Crying Freeman.
    Read The Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa last month, which was great.
    BB

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

SOOO much Negima nostalgia dripping from the last few chapters of UQ Holder.

Fate trolling people with his speed, petrifying people and sending waves of stone swords around. Tsukiomi, older but still apparently friggin nuts. Chachamaru's sattelite cannon still up there and being used, on Fate no less who once again is blocking it with his force fields.

Extraordinary Member

And in the latest UQ Holder the plan worked out, more or less, and we now have a classic matchup. Hopefully it'll end much the same as before.

Tsukuyomi, whom I at first though was a new psycho, is alive thanks to being made a cyborg. Lovely. *sighs* Why couldn't we get Dynamis instead, he was awesome and funny.

All-New Member

I just heard Mushishi had a second season. I hope It's as good as the last.

New anime season is mostly disappointing.

It does have Space Dandy though so that's something.

And a Gen Urobuchi show which will hopefully not be as disappointing as Gargantia.

Oh, Gargantia. Hot girls and interesting premise. Poor finale. Plus a serious lack of Saaya.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

Eh, I don't know about that. SAOII and Fate Prisma Illya II should be worth a watch. Haven't seen anything else too interesting pop up yet, but we've still got Zankyuu no Terror, Tokyo ESP, Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance, and JC Staff's new anime to come.

Also, Sailor Moon episode 1 has so far shown that it's, well...Sailor Moon. So for anyone that liked Sailor Moon, its pretty much doing its job.

And a Gen Urobuchi show which will hopefully not be as disappointing as Gargantia.

Oh, Gargantia. Hot girls and interesting premise. Poor finale. Plus a serious lack of Saaya.
    I didn't think Gargantia was all that dissapointing. At worst, I think the finale was hurt by the one cour, when it seemed like a series worthy of 26 episodes (anyone else here remember when most series were 26 episodes?), but I felt it was still suitably epic. It's also got the OVAs coming out in a few months.

Of course it had hot girls. Character designer has a hentai background.

And its Melty that I demand more of.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

Season 2 is off to a good start.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Tokyo ESP is getting an anime!? I have been out of the loop, but that has made my day.
    Saw the first episode of Sailor Moon, I just don't like it and probably never will but it is not catered to my demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    I didn't think Gargantia was all that dissapointing. At worst, I think the finale was hurt by the one cour, when it seemed like a series worthy of 26 episodes (anyone else here remember when most series were 26 episodes?), but I felt it was still suitably epic. It's also got the OVAs coming out in a few months.
    On one hand, yeah, it should have been longer. 26 should be the regular length. Animation studies should take more chances.

On the other, it totally avoided the main moral conflict of the story so that was really lame. They sacrificed the best character and told us to coexist with filthy squids.

Of course it had hot girls. Character designer has a hentai background.
    They really should do this more often.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

UQ Holder 41:

So Fate's obviously gotten stronger. For the second time we've been told that Eva is less powerful than her full strength with the "as I am now, as you are now" lingo, but she's still clearly top tier.

And we got to see the Ice Erebea form again!

Four questions, one from each of them. Touta might end up wasting his question on something stupid, but at least the other three I think would ask good questions. Not all of them will harken back to Negima stuff/characters probably, but it would be interesting if we got some of that in his answers.

I watched the first episode of Sailor Moon Crystal and I thought it was pretty good except for the yellow subtitles, yellow subtitles give me a headache.

I also binge watched all of tiger and bunny. It's a good show.

Saint Seiya: Sanctuary's up on hulu now. I watched it when I was younger, I just remember I ran being the theme song. I like it too.

Just caught the first episode of Tokyo ESP, love the manga and the anime looks great. I'm excited!