Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

UQ Holder 145.

So virtually the entire set up was done by Cutlass to make Touta suffer psychologically, since she knew he would play hero and try to save the station using Kirie's power.

Turns out Kirie does not become mortal, but she has to relive her entire life since the day she awakened her power, so it would suck big time. Touta is convinced he can solve the train bomb dilemma in spite of everything, which pisses Cutlass off since she wanted to see him in despair at having to sacrifice the train citizens for the greater good. Cutlass ultimately turns her blade on her hostage Kirie, believing that sending her back in time to suffer would be the best method to actually hurt Touta, but this gives Eva the opportunity to strike.

Unless Cutlass has a spare body to transfer to, she would seem to be fully dead now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    UQ Holder 145.

So virtually the entire set up was done by Cutlass to make Touta suffer psychologically, since she knew he would play hero and try to save the station using Kirie's power.

Turns out Kirie does not become mortal, but she has to relive her entire life since the day she awakened her power, so it would suck big time. Touta is convinced he can solve the train bomb dilemma in spite of everything, which pisses Cutlass off since she wanted to see him in despair at having to sacrifice the train citizens for the greater good. Cutlass ultimately turns her blade on her hostage Kirie, believing that sending her back in time to suffer would be the best method to actually hurt Touta, but this gives Eva the opportunity to strike.

Unless Cutlass has a spare body to transfer to, she would seem to be fully dead now.
    I'm wondering how Cutlass set things up so that the train would have a bomb activated without anybody noticing in the previous time skip. Either really REALLY good forward thinking or some magical shenanigan.

And it's good to ser Evangeline just outright stomp somebody again. She's been worfed a bit too often in the past few arcs.

Because I need a simple romantic comedy in my life, I've reading Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai AKA We Can't Study. It's about a hard-working guy who has to tutor two genius girls. The catch is that the subject they want to learn is the subject they are not naturally gifted at.

Naturally, the teacher is the best girl.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Extraordinary Member

The final season Fairy Tail will air this fall and Hiro Mashima might be working on two spin off series.

Neat stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    The final season Fairy Tail will air this fall and Hiro Mashima might be working on two spin off series.

Neat stuff.
    Like "Magical Sky Sisters Save the World!"?

Well, in any case, looking forward to the final season.

Record of Lodoss War *might* be getting new projects for its anniversary. Hype and hope.

BANNED

Just finished A Silent Voice manga and it was amazing. A Really hearth felt story about kids suffering from bullying, the hardship of disablity of defness and friendship.

Extraordinary Member

UQ Holder: Oh goodie.

The Yukihime loves Touta subplot isn't over. Fan-fucking-tastic.

But Chachazero is back and she's always good for laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    UQ Holder: Oh goodie.

The Yukihime loves Touta subplot isn't over. Fan-fucking-tastic.

But Chachazero is back and she's always good for laugh.
    I pretty much figured it wasn't over. The crux of the rejection after all was that she can't move on until the Negi issue is finished, not that she would generally be against the idea. It was actually kind of more for his benefit, as in "You know Kirie wants to fuck right? So instead of waiting for me you might wanna...I don't know, explore readily available options?"

Hmm...unfortunately I'm rather down on the manga rendition of Dragon Ball Super's Tournament of Power. Hit continues to be portrayed in a less exciting and powerful light, culminating in his elimination by Jiren occurring rather early in the tournament without him doing much.

UQ Holder:

So a few chapters ago we saw what happened in the prime Negima timeline to close out the storyline when Asuna was there. Now we get to see how Asuna's absence made the UQ Holder timeline diverge and....

...yeah, the UQ Holder timeline is a pretty fucked up one. A bunch of people from Negi and Fate's team got killed in their equivalent of the Asteroid battle, and the reason that Al, Rakan, Yue, and Nodoka are villains now is that they were absorbed and taken by Ialda at that battle as well.

Just to raise a matter that was raised to the Moderators - the possibility of an anime/manga forum.

The CBR Forums have boasted such a forum before and it existed for some years (Moderated by Darkblade, who did a great job). It was never a high traffic forum and was eventually wound down. If we see enough traffic regarding the topic to warrant looking at an anime/manga forum in the future, that is something we would be prepared to do just like we always do.
    In short: traffic and posting numbers are the major factors in if a board gets established or not.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    I totally agree with you. But even if we create new threads about anime/manga, we'll never get enough participants. We need more traffic.
    It's a matter of focus.

The Anime thread in the TV Forums does okay, but since the TV forums has a lot of topics, it can sometimes get buried. Then there's this thread which barely anyone knows about for the opposite problem. Independents has too little traffic. Hell, I like talking about manga, and I barely come here for it.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

UQ Holder

So in the bad end timeline that is UQ Holder's backstory, we learn the origin of Evangeline developing feelings for Negi, and, we learn for the first time that it does not appear to be a one way thing.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Just to raise a matter that was raised to the Moderators - the possibility of an anime/manga forum.

The CBR Forums have boasted such a forum before and it existed for some years (Moderated by Darkblade, who did a great job). It was never a high traffic forum and was eventually wound down. If we see enough traffic regarding the topic to warrant looking at an anime/manga forum in the future, that is something we would be prepared to do just like we always do.
    In short: traffic and posting numbers are the major factors in if a board gets established or not.
    That would be neat. I was sad to see the board go. Haven't had much occasion to visit after Fairy Tail ended. (But it's getting a final season in a few months, so there's that )

So Tokyo Ghoul is finally over, and I think the ending could have been better, I just don't know how. It's still a solid nice ending for a solid second series that is not as strong as the first.

I decided to check back on Shingeki no Kyojin for some odd reason I don't understand. I'm not a fan of that series, and I find the protagonist to be one of the most useless characters in a story, whenever I see him he is either yelling, sulking over dead allies, or needs to be rescued by his living ones. Most characters are flat and uninteresting. The matter of the wall and their building material raise too many questions, the reason titans eat other people raises more questions, and all I can think of is how this is one of the most idiotic series I had the displeasure of sitting through. When I think about it I dislike it, and I'm thankful that it doesn't occupy too much of my thought.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage