Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    So Kishimoto is taking over Boruto manga. Apparently it is all "according to plan" from the beginning, but coming off the failure of Samurai 8, this is kinda suspect
    Yeah, I agree with that. I wonder if it means he'll take over art duties as well, that would be quite the shift.

I hope it means that the current writer has been offered a new series of his own, cause otherwise that's kinda rude to him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    So Kishimoto is taking over Boruto manga. Apparently it is all "according to plan" from the beginning, but coming off the failure of Samurai 8, this is kinda suspect
    You could not live with your own failure. And where did that bring you? Back to me. -Boruto said to punished Kishimoto

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    And it's not really fair to compare Bleach and Naruto to School Rumble in terms of romance. They're mainly focusing on action, adventure, and perilous drama, while School Rumble is explicitly a romantic comedy, so it's only naturally going to have a more intricate take on it.
    Nice you get the joke about School Rumble, my fellow man. To think there is someone here who read such a golden yet old manga. But, you are right and to be fair I just write it to take a jab there. No matter how you spin it Bleach and Naruto is action shonen to talk about their romance is as pointless as trying to swim into the depth of ocean. They are not meant to be tailored like that and they will always lose to more romcom shonen oriented like School Rumble or BokuBen or Nisekoi. Despite Nisekoi romance is also trash.

While I love The Last for all its cheesy romantic goodness, it does in no way shape or form make it better than what we got with Ichigo and Orihime.

I do think that NaruHina works since pretty much all their interactions indicate that they genuinely appreciate each other and are often a positive influence on one another. The main problem is that Hinata has so little screentime overall in the series so you just get flashes of development between the two. And then The Last shoehorns in a whole bunch of development through a dream sequence. It's fun and it gets the job done kinda, but the pacing of their relationship is wonky at best.

Compare that to Ichigo and Orihime. Their interactions show the same kind of positive influence and healthy developments as NaruHina, but there's more of it and it's spread out throughout the entire series from as early as the second chapter. They get huge massive moments together and quiet more personal moments as well. It becomes abundantly clear with just the Five lifetimes speech that Orihime's feelings are much much deeper than just "a classmates that happens to like Ichigo", and while it is not as explicit as Orihime's feelings there are plenty of hints that Ichigo is just as smitten with her. They grow closer and more comfortable with each other with each arc until she becomes one of his best partners for taking on the man that killed his mother and threatens the entire world with his corrupt divinity. It may not be for everyone but I personally love how Kubo wrote Ichigo and Orihime's relationship.
    To be honest both of them are wonky at best because NaruHina and IchiHime don't get the screentime they deserve in manga or anime, because they are secondary heroine. Beside what you said might be right, but at best it's only fan theory because there is no prove of it. Though I think what you said might be true if there is a bit explanation during the two year gap.

There're a plenty of hints that Ichigo's feelings towards Orihime are something all together different, and stronger, than his relationship with Rukia. His raw emotional reactions whenever something bad happens to Orihime or bad guys threaten her are a strong indicator of that, and there are so many examples of it.
    Yeah, but Ichigo stormed Soul Society too to save Rukia. He fight against Kenpachi and Byakuya to save Rukia. If that's not strong indicator closeness, I don't know about it.

The way I see it is it's not that Ichigo doesn't have Rukia in his mind, but rather Rukia doesn't have Ichigo in her mind. So they are like two best friend, but even then those scenes before the timeskip are clearly indicate that Ichigo is closer to Rukia rather than Orihime that barely, I mean barely hanging out with him. The increase of interaction between Ichigo and Orihime happens only after the timeskip where Rukia can't interact with Ichigo.

The same thing can be said with Rukia where Renji clearly love Rukia, but Rukia is just eh whatever with Renji. I think years with Kuchiki family make her a bit apathic with love.

Mighty Member

Oh yeah here is a preview of the anime short series Kaoru's Precious thing a spin-off of the Freak Island/Kichikujima manga series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post

Oh yeah here is a preview of the anime short series Kaoru's Precious thing a spin-off of the Freak Island/Kichikujima manga series.
    My freak from island can't be this cute.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    My freak from island can't be this cute.
    Yep this happened I wonder if it will get a full adaption of the main series? I also wonder if it’s spin-offs would get the same treatment like the prequel offal island aka zoumotsujima and Koi no Kichikujima aka Freak Island in love?

Extraordinary Member

Nice you get the joke about School Rumble, my fellow man. To think there is someone here who read such a golden yet old manga. But, you are right and to be fair I just write it to take a jab there. No matter how you spin it Bleach and Naruto is action shonen to talk about their romance is as pointless as trying to swim into the depth of ocean. They are not meant to be tailored like that and they will always lose to more romcom shonen oriented like School Rumble or BokuBen or Nisekoi. Despite Nisekoi romance is also trash.
    That's a bit of an exaggeration.

There are romantic elements in Naruto and Bleach, as well as other action heavy series, and it can absolutely be discused. I'm just saying that holding them to the same standard for romance as an explicitly romantic comedy doesn't entirely work since there's a big difference just in focus for the series.
    To be honest both of them are wonky at best because NaruHina and IchiHime don't get the screentime they deserve in manga or anime, because they are secondary heroine. Beside what you said might be right, but at best it's only fan theory because there is no prove of it. Though I think what you said might be true if there is a bit explanation during the two year gap.
    IchiHime gets on the whole tons more screentime than NaruHina. There's a fair amount of it during the early arcs and Soul Society, and once you get into he arrancar arc there's tons of it sprinkled throughout. And it's not really a fan theory since Ichigo and Orihime do end up together. People that read it as said that those two were going to end up together ended up being right.
    Yeah, but Ichigo stormed Soul Society too to save Rukia. He fight against Kenpachi and Byakuya to save Rukia. If that's not strong indicator closeness, I don't know about it.

The way I see it is it's not that Ichigo doesn't have Rukia in his mind, but rather Rukia doesn't have Ichigo in her mind. So they are like two best friend, but even then those scenes before the timeskip are clearly indicate that Ichigo is closer to Rukia rather than Orihime that barely, I mean barely hanging out with him. The increase of interaction between Ichigo and Orihime happens only after the timeskip where Rukia can't interact with Ichigo.

The same thing can be said with Rukia where Renji clearly love Rukia, but Rukia is just eh whatever with Renji. I think years with Kuchiki family make her a bit apathic with love.
    I'm not saying that Ichigo and Rukia aren't close. They most certainly are as they changed each others' life. But let's put it like this. Ichigo headed into enemy territory for both Rukia AND Orihime. They're both very important to him, but in different ways. When Rukia was taken and Ichigo got the opportunity to regain his powers and follow he was confused and uncertain whether he should meddle in Rukia's world or not. Then he had a talk with Orihime, who showed great insight into Ichigo's character and convinced that of course he would go after Rukia because that's just who he is, lifting his spirits and renewing his determination.

When Orihime is kidnapped Ichigo is downright depressed and despondent, and he doesn't hesitate at all to go into an even more dangerous situation than what Soul Society represented. And in Hueco Mundo we get the scene where Ulquiorra confronts Ichigo the first time. Rukia ends up in a draw against Aaroneiro and is left bleeding on the ground. Ichigo senses this and decides to leave Ulquiorra be since while both his friends are in dangerous situations, Rukia is actively dying while Orihime is stable. So he leaves and tells Ulquiorra to piss off. Ulquiorra then off-handedly mentions that he's the one that kidnapped Orihime and without missing a beat Ichigo stops heading towards Rukia and visciously attacks Ulquiorra. I always just think that speaks for itself (he was still going to go help Rukia, but kicking Ulquiorra's ass was suddenly more important to him). And again, once we get beyond Soul Society Orihime's screentime and her interactions with Ichigo go way up, steadily surpassing how much time he spends with Rukia.

Rukia is not "eh" with Renji. She's super comfortable with him. They basically always pop up together and interact like an old married couple.

BANNED

That's a bit of an exaggeration.

There are romantic elements in Naruto and Bleach, as well as other action heavy series, and it can absolutely be discused. I'm just saying that holding them to the same standard for romance as an explicitly romantic comedy doesn't entirely work since there's a big difference just in focus for the series.
    I think you don't understand what I mean. What I mean is that the romance elements of Naruto and Bleach is really bad that it's just pointless to talk about it. I mean the romance only majorly developed in the end of series. Aside from that it's just ship tease here and there and to be honest it doesn't amount anything. But, I give you that you are right that some action heavy series have a good romance like Yu Yu Hakusho for example. The romance in that series is so well done that it's actually enjoyable. The same can be said with Rurouni Kenshin, Hell Teacher Nube, Busou Renkin, and Shaman King. In general there are many fighting shonens that have good romances, but Naruto and Bleach is far from good. They are Chi-Chi romance tier bad. Happen in instant as if it's just a joke.

IchiHime gets on the whole tons more screentime than NaruHina. There's a fair amount of it during the early arcs and Soul Society, and once you get into he arrancar arc there's tons of it sprinkled throughout. And it's not really a fan theory since Ichigo and Orihime do end up together. People that read it as said that those two were going to end up together ended up being right.
    I can see arrancar arc, but in Soul Society and early arcs it's all about Rukia and Orihime is even to me at least is closer to Tatsuki then Ichigo ever be. I think the only point that I can see as romance point is when Orihime learned about Ichigo's mom and that is what I believe start as the romance point for Orihime. But, you are wrong, the dominant party is Ichigo with Rukia at that time, because most of the time Ichigo spent his life with Rukia.

I'm not saying that Ichigo and Rukia aren't close. They most certainly are as they changed each others' life. But let's put it like this. Ichigo headed into enemy territory for both Rukia AND Orihime. They're both very important to him, but in different ways. When Rukia was taken and Ichigo got the opportunity to regain his powers and follow he was confused and uncertain whether he should meddle in Rukia's world or not. Then he had a talk with Orihime, who showed great insight into Ichigo's character and convinced that of course he would go after Rukia because that's just who he is, lifting his spirits and renewing his determination.
    It's not Orihime that cemented him it's Urahara that gave him the couragement he need to go, but it's actually both of them, so yeah. But, to be fair Hinata also did that when Naruto is uncertain about himself in Chuunin exam so can we give both of them same point? They pep talk their love interest.

When Orihime is kidnapped Ichigo is downright depressed and despondent, and he doesn't hesitate at all to go into an even more dangerous situation than what Soul Society represented. And in Hueco Mundo we get the scene where Ulquiorra confronts Ichigo the first time. Rukia ends up in a draw against Aaroneiro and is left bleeding on the ground. Ichigo senses this and decides to leave Ulquiorra be since while both his friends are in dangerous situations, Rukia is actively dying while Orihime is stable. So he leaves and tells Ulquiorra to piss off. Ulquiorra then off-handedly mentions that he's the one that kidnapped Orihime and without missing a beat Ichigo stops heading towards Rukia and visciously attacks Ulquiorra. I always just think that speaks for itself (he was still going to go help Rukia, but kicking Ulquiorra's ass was suddenly more important to him). And again, once we get beyond Soul Society Orihime's screentime and her interactions with Ichigo go way up, steadily surpassing how much time he spends with Rukia.
    I think you are wrong here, Ulquiorra meet Ichigo for the first time with that level 0 arrancar. But you are right about Rukia and Orihime, though I think it's just impulse of the moment for Ichigo that he reacts like that. He is not really in the clearest mind after all. And that's what I said, for Kubo to develop IchiHime he need to kick Rukia out, because if Rukia is still there, Ichigo will spent more time with her rather than Orihime. It's because Rukia is closer to Ichigo at that point. But, to be fair everything you said can be applied in Soul Society too.

To be honest to call Soul Society more dangerous than Hueco Mundo is stupid. Why? Soul Society has Genryusai Yamamoto, he is by far the most dangerous adversary there. I think even if all arrancar is ganging him, he will still won. Aside from him, Soul Society also has many vice captain and captain that more asspulls than arrancar ever will be, so to call it less dangerous is idiot after everything they did in last arc. Beside Ichigo himself is even weaker in SS arc than Hueco Mundo, he only know his shinkai. He can't even Getsuga Tensho, he can't turn into hollow at will, he can't Bankai. Compared to that in arrancar arc he can do all of that. So I think that's why he is more believe on himself, despite he just get his ass kicked by arrancar twice. So, yeah in everything I think only Aizen can tango with SS the rest is just pushover.

Extraordinary Member

I think you don't understand what I mean. What I mean is that the romance elements of Naruto and Bleach is really bad that it's just pointless to talk about it. I mean the romance only majorly developed in the end of series. Aside from that it's just ship tease here and there and to be honest it doesn't amount anything. But, I give you that you are right that some action heavy series have a good romance like Yu Yu Hakusho for example. The romance in that series is so well done that it's actually enjoyable. The same can be said with Rurouni Kenshin, Hell Teacher Nube, Busou Renkin, and Shaman King. In general there are many fighting shonens that have good romances, but Naruto and Bleach is far from good. They are Chi-Chi romance tier bad. Happen in instant as if it's just a joke.
    Each to their own. I never really felt anything for any of the romantic subplots in Yu Yu Haskuso. They were just kinda there. Granted, it was pretty much the same in Naruto actually but I got invested in the shipping nonsense. With Bleach however I was really into Ichigo and Orihime's relationship and how it evolved. Them getting together makes perfect sense to me and I was so happy for them.
    I can see arrancar arc, but in Soul Society and early arcs it's all about Rukia and Orihime is even to me at least is closer to Tatsuki then Ichigo ever be. I think the only point that I can see as romance point is when Orihime learned about Ichigo's mom and that is what I believe start as the romance point for Orihime. But, you are wrong, the dominant party is Ichigo with Rukia at that time, because most of the time Ichigo spent his life with Rukia.
    I didn't say that there was more of IchiHime than IchiRuki content in the early arcs and Soul Society. I said that there was plenty of IchiHime content even in those earlier arcs and that it then grew more and more once the Arrancar arc started.
    It's not Orihime that cemented him it's Urahara that gave him the couragement he need to go, but it's actually both of them, so yeah. But, to be fair Hinata also did that when Naruto is uncertain about himself in Chuunin exam so can we give both of them same point? They pep talk their love interest.
    Urahara gave him the opportunity to go into Soul Society. Orihime gave Ichigo the encouragement he needed. And yes, Hinata and Orihime are similar in that they are positive influences in Naruto and Ichigo's lifes, and vice verse.
    I think you are wrong here, Ulquiorra meet Ichigo for the first time with that level 0 arrancar. But you are right about Rukia and Orihime, though I think it's just impulse of the moment for Ichigo that he reacts like that. He is not really in the clearest mind after all. And that's what I said, for Kubo to develop IchiHime he need to kick Rukia out, because if Rukia is still there, Ichigo will spent more time with her rather than Orihime. It's because Rukia is closer to Ichigo at that point. But, to be fair everything you said can be applied in Soul Society too.
    Whenever Ichigo first met Ulquiorra had nothing to do with anything I wrote. Ichigo was perfectly level-headed in Hueco Mundo until Ulquiorra casually mentioned Orihime and Ichigo immediate reflex was to murder-stab him. Rukia was litterally brought back into the Kurosaki household for the Arrancar arc and the relationship that got the most development was still Ichigo and Orihime, so you're wrong there. Heck, Ichigo and Rukia's relationship is pretty much the same throughout the series after the Soul Society arc. They have a deep friendship due to saving and changing each others' life, but it doesn't move beyond that.
    To be honest to call Soul Society more dangerous than Hueco Mundo is stupid. Why? Soul Society has Genryusai Yamamoto, he is by far the most dangerous adversary there. I think even if all arrancar is ganging him, he will still won. Aside from him, Soul Society also has many vice captain and captain that more asspulls than arrancar ever will be, so to call it less dangerous is idiot after everything they did in last arc. Beside Ichigo himself is even weaker in SS arc than Hueco Mundo, he only know his shinkai. He can't even Getsuga Tensho, he can't turn into hollow at will, he can't Bankai. Compared to that in arrancar arc he can do all of that. So I think that's why he is more believe on himself, despite he just get his ass kicked by arrancar twice. So, yeah in everything I think only Aizen can tango with SS the rest is just pushover.
    Don't call people "stupid" or "idiot" just because they have a different opinion about the dangers of two fictional fortresses. It's very rude, completely uncalled for and entire unecessary.

And I wasn't even talking about power levels (though I do disagree that Hueco Mundo is a pushover compared to Soul Society). Hueco Mundo had way less constraint in terms of how they handle intruders and prisoners. There were way more trigger happy monsters that were all too happy to murder the cast on sight in Hueco Mundo than in Soul Society, the cast were going to end up dead SS as well but at least that time there they wer captured first and had time before being executed and that was time enough time for them to be saved. Soul Society had several captains and other shinigami that ended up siding with and aiding Ichigo and his friends, no such luck in Hueco Mundo. They also went into Soul Society with an experienced shinigami who could guide them through many of the initial dangers and save their asses in tough times. The best they were lucky to run into in Hueco Mundo was Nell. And while Ichigo was stronger in Hueco Mundo, he absolutely needed both his bankai and hollow mask to make it through several fights there, he demonstrably didn't require either of them until the end of Soul Society (though they would've helped). That's why I think Hueco Mundo was the more dangerous mission.

I'm more with Laufeyson, both Bleach and Naruto had tackled romance but neither were really successful. I used to think One Piece was the best because it didn't waste time with a half-assed romance.

I'd say Beastars was the best Shonen to incorporate romance successfully but my manga reading tends to be more sporadic.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm more with Laufeyson, both Bleach and Naruto had tackled romance but neither were really successful. I used to think One Piece was the best because it didn't waste time with a half-assed romance.

I'd say Beastars was the best Shonen to incorporate romance successfully but my manga reading tends to be more sporadic.
    Isn't Beastars a seinen though?

*looks it up*

Huh, it's in a shounen so yeah it's a shounen. Bit odd but ok.

*looks it up*

I made that same mistake myself.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

*looks it up*

Eh, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Attack On Titan are shonen too.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Eh, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Attack On Titan are shonen too.
    Lol, next time you will tell me that Baki and Kengan is also a shonen... Well, it's.

Mighty Member

Anyone here read line manga or heard of it?

https://twitter.com/LINEmanga it has an app you can use to read manga chapters of each series one for free and the other for paid upcoming episodes but it is only used for japan and it has tight security so getting raws and translating them is more diffcult.