Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    UQ Holder 41:

So Fate's obviously gotten stronger. For the second time we've been told that Eva is less powerful than her full strength with the "as I am now, as you are now" lingo, but she's still clearly top tier.
    I am happy with the outcome of this fight. Fate had field advantage but Evangeline was able to even it out and in the end it was unclear who would win. Very good.
    And we got to see the Ice Erebea form again!
    It's actually a different one compared to the what she showed in Negima, different name and all. Probably just an upgraded version.
    Four questions, one from each of them. Touta might end up wasting his question on something stupid, but at least the other three I think would ask good questions. Not all of them will harken back to Negima stuff/characters probably, but it would be interesting if we got some of that in his answers.
    I think that Touta is going to ask something surprisingly smart. Ikku's question will probably be more practical. It's Kuromaru and Karin's questions I'm most interesting to hear, they're a bit unpredictable in this regard.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

For the four questions that they get to ask in UQ Holder 42

spoilers:

Apparently Touta's is rather direct and simple. He asks if Fate has anything to do with his parent's death, and Fate says yes. A look from Eva may indicate that Fate could be lying about killing them or not telling the whole story.

Someone else (Karin I think) asks about Negi's love life, but Fate is kinda dodgy about this one. He has a flashback while thinking about it and we see that Negi's crew for fighting the Lifebringer at some point included Yue, a somewhat Stripperiffic Nodoka, Chachamaru, Chisame, and some others that I can't immediately identify. I think the one with the long light colored hair is the class rep, and I think the one to the left of her is Ku Fei. Not sure about the two with Nodoka and Yue. Their hair shade is moderate, as if light brunette, red, or something else.

Fate implies that Negi is still around or alive in some manner and he needs Touta to save him.
    end of spoilers

UQ Holder 42

Lol, Eva is still rather testy whenever anyone tries to bring up anything between her and Negi.

Yue, Nodoka, Chachamaru, and Chisame are immediately recognizeable in Fate's flashback image. My guesses for the others are that the one next to Chisame is Ayaka, and the one next to her is Ku Fei. Then the ones walking up with Nodoka and Yue might be Makie and Ako (though boy, Ako would sure have changed her hair style).

I wonder if Negi is the life bringer now.

Extraordinary Member

UQ Holder 42

Lol, Eva is still rather testy whenever anyone tries to bring up anything between her and Negi.

Yue, Nodoka, Chachamaru, and Chisame are immediately recognizeable in Fate's flashback image. My guesses for the others are that the one next to Chisame is Ayaka, and the one next to her is Ku Fei. Then the ones walking up with Nodoka and Yue might be Makie and Ako (though boy, Ako would sure have changed her hair style).

I wonder if Negi is the life bringer now.
    I was thinking that the one next to Ayaka looks like Kasumi. But if we're going with the girls who were most interested in a relationship with Negi then Ku Fei is a more likely option. The absence of Asuna is kinda suspicious, assuming that this is the timeline where Evangeline brought her back so that she could live her life of course.

Kuromaru is a smart guy and Karin asked a surprisingly pointless but funny question.

Fate apparently has developed a sense of dramatic moments since Negima. That'll help make him more entertaining, at least to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I was thinking that the one next to Ayaka looks like Kasumi. But if we're going with the girls who were most interested in a relationship with Negi then Ku Fei is a more likely option.
    Yeah, its been pointed out to me on another forum that the pic ends up serving as a grouping of those who were interested in Negi, so she makes sense. Its also been pointed out to me that the hairstyles of the two girls to the right of Nodoka match the epilogue hairstyles of Makie and Ako, making it almost certainly them.

As for Ku, the reason I originally thought it was her was because when zooming the image to the max, the two things I could make out were that she had darker skin and light hair. Kasumi is the only other girl whose hair might be mistaken there, but her hair is colored much darker, and the only people with a similar skin tone are Mana and the Zazie sisters, which the character depicted doesn't resemble at all.

The absence of Asuna is kinda suspicious, assuming that this is the timeline where Evangeline brought her back so that she could live her life of course.
    I've actually been rolling with the idea that this is the timeline where Asuna is still asleep and hasn't been sent back to rewrite history yet. Until I see something that says otherwise at least. She hasn't just been absent from here, but pretty much every flashback to Negi's party fighting the Lifemaker. She would definitely be there fighting the Lifemaker with him if she weren't sleeping.

Extraordinary Member

I've actually been rolling with the idea that this is the timeline where Asuna is still asleep and hasn't been sent back to rewrite history yet. Until I see something that says otherwise at least. She hasn't just been absent from here, but pretty much every flashback to Negi's party fighting the Lifemaker. She would definitely be there fighting the Lifemaker with him if she weren't sleeping.
    That is true. But the people we do see there are the ones with longer life-spans (Evangeline, Chachamaru, Fate, Mana, Zazie and Colonel Jerkface). So Asuna might actually just be dead at that point.

Also, just started thinking this right now, it's totally just a matter of time before Chao appears in some shape or other.

That is true. But the people we do see there are the ones with longer life-spans (Evangeline, Chachamaru, Fate, Mana, Zazie and Colonel Jerkface). So Asuna might actually just be dead at that point.

Also, just started thinking this right now, it's totally just a matter of time before Chao appears in some shape or other.
    Eh, remind me again, was Asuna absolved of her age condition and now had the lifespan of a normal human? Clearly she's been aging since traveling with Nagi's team, but I wasn't sure if she was going to have a normal human lifespan at that point.

Also, wasn't there another flashback photo of some girls walking with Negi, and one of them is clealry Yue, but again no one that looks like Asuna around.

Extraordinary Member

Eh, remind me again, was Asuna absolved of her age condition and now had the lifespan of a normal human? Clearly she's been aging since traveling with Nagi's team, but I wasn't sure if she was going to have a normal human lifespan at that point.
    I don't think that a long lifespan was mentioned to be part of her abilities, but don't quote me on it. Then again, Ayaka held out really damn long so who's to say that Asuna couldn't as well. But I'm kinda surprised that Kotaro and Setsuna aren't part of that long life lot. I thought that their demon heritage would keep them around a bit longer than normal humans.
    Also, wasn't there another flashback photo of some girls walking with Negi, and one of them is clealry Yue, but again no one that looks like Asuna around.
    I went back to the first UQ Holder chapter.

Second page, first panel: The large majority of the class is present in their high school forms. Asuna included is there.

Second page, second panel: Fewer girls but still a lot in their adult forms You got Chisame, Konoka, Setsuna, Kaede (who got really tall), Ako, Makie, Yue (who apparently made the wizard hat part of her every day clothes) and a few others. But no Asuna.

...this is the Asuna is sealed timeline, isn't it.

I don't think that a long lifespan was mentioned to be part of her abilities, but don't quote me on it. Then again, Ayaka held out really damn long so who's to say that Asuna couldn't as well. But I'm kinda surprised that Kotaro and Setsuna aren't part of that long life lot. I thought that their demon heritage would keep them around a bit longer than normal humans.

I went back to the first UQ Holder chapter.

Second page, first panel: The large majority of the class is present in their high school forms. Asuna included is there.

Second page, second panel: Fewer girls but still a lot in their adult forms You got Chisame, Konoka, Setsuna, Kaede (who got really tall), Ako, Makie, Yue (who apparently made the wizard hat part of her every day clothes) and a few others. But no Asuna.

...this is the Asuna is sealed timeline, isn't it.
    Another thing is there is no Nagi. Nagi would be there helping him as well if this was the Lifemaker in another body. With Asuna back helping them they apparently defeated the Lifemaker within 5 years or whatever it was, but here they've continued fighting him since at least 2065.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Caught the first episodes of Steins;Gate and Red Data Girl on FUNimation On Demand last night.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Akame ga Kill

Nice job from Tatsumi to try to get out of that situation. He would have managed had he not been surrounded by the two strongest people in the Empire.

Also, ouch.

Really ouch.

On several levels.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Extraordinary Member

UQ Holder 43:

Heading back to school! And apparently Mahora ain't the only school that is also a city. I like how enthusiastic Evangeline looked when she first announced the mission, like some kind of game show host.

Poor Kuromaru being pulled into Karin's shipping plans.

We also find out that immortals have been wrecking cities for quite some time now. I wonder if that has anything to do with the Life-Maker.

Toriyama's words on the New Dragon Ball Movie:

[As with the last movie], I thought up the new story for the next Dragon Ball theatrical movie as though it were a continuation of the manga when it was in serialization. Just the fact that I don’t have to draw anything means I can obsess completely over the smallest bits of dialogue. Well, the truth is that I wasn’t planning on going that far, since it’s pretty exhausting at my age, but I got a little carried away.

This time will of course be a continuation of the previous Battle of Gods, but I’ve deliberately increased the amount of action scenes by a good deal. With regards to the contents, they told me, “Keep it a secret!” like they’re all high-and-mighty, so I can’t touch on it yet, but it should be super-duper interesting!

The fact that I’d say that, when I’m not big on the flashy action-stuff, means there’s no doubt about it! Even my very first editor Torishima, who rarely ever praises me, said, “This is good!”

Absolutely no doubt about it! …Although it won’t be any good if I say that too loudly and people end up disappointed by it, but at the very least, I’m confident that the contents are something that the fans will be able to thoroughly enjoy! Right now, I’m drawing the design illustrations for the new character[s] and such. The movie’s completion is still a ways out in the future, but please look forward to it!!
    Last edited by Hazard; 07-23-2014 at 10:21 AM.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

UQ Holder 43:

Heading back to school! And apparently Mahora ain't the only school that is also a city. I like how enthusiastic Evangeline looked when she first announced the mission, like some kind of game show host.

Poor Kuromaru being pulled into Karin's shipping plans.

We also find out that immortals have been wrecking cities for quite some time now. I wonder if that has anything to do with the Life-Maker.
    I think its implied that this *is* Mahora, though renamed, perhaps due to expanding into a larger area. If you look at the big image of the whole city, you can see the World Tree Plaza. Plus, the uniforms they wear seem to be Mahora uniforms.