Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667 LastLast

I never got there in the first place. Perhaps I will one day.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I thought they all were
    Yugioh, GX, and 5Ds are all part of the same timeline. Vrains, Sevens, and ARC-V are from an alternate continuity.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

What about Zexal?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    What about Zexal?
    Forgot to mention Zexal. Zexal also exists separately from the original timeline.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

I wonder why they would decide to do that

you guys gotta check out Dandadan! it was easily rookie manga of the year for me in 2021!

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Anyone else think GLTAS closely resembles anime style and could be picked up for a second season as an anime?

All-New Member

So I have been looking into the Rising of the Shield Hero manga, and other such material, and after some careful thought, came up with a particular dark theory about the main protagonist Naofumi. According to the material Naofumi was summoned by finding a strange book, but, rather strange isn't it that Naofumi was the only one of the 4 Heroes who wasn't already dead?
    Or was he? In the side story the book follows him everywhere, no matter where he turns, and what he does, he can't get rid of it, and it eventually takes over everything in his life, until he finally submits to it.
    What form of death acts like that? Disease. Could Naofumi have had a terminal illness that was slowly killing him?
    He even resorts to surgery (burning it), religion (exorcism), even burning it again (experimental and dangerous medication), it takes over his computer, a metaphor that he is searching everywhere online for help, and that the disease is everywhere inside his body now.
    Finally he gives up, and submits and lets the book take him to another world (the afterlife). Even worse, what if the disease he contracted was an STD? This would put Malty's betrayal, and Naofumi's rage into a much darker context. If he contracted an STD from a partner who thought he could trust, who might never have warned him, then Malty's betrayal cuts deeper than anyone ever truly realized, because it is in essence the same thing he went through before.
    A trusted female partner tainted him, and made him a pariah AGAIN, after he came to a new world hoping to start over. Afterwards, his refusal to even associate romantically, or sexually, with any other females without "protection" (slave crests), now makes perfect sense.

Extraordinary Member

Tite Kubo has recently stated that the Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War anime will expand on certain events and that the WE DO knot ALWAYS LOVE YOU novel might be animated.

I figured that the anime would expand on things he wasn't able to include in the manga, so getting that confirmed is just great. But the news that we'll possibly get to see Renji and Rukia's wedding is a delightful surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    you guys gotta check out Dandadan! it was easily rookie manga of the year for me in 2021!
    Whoa. Not a big manga reader and just popped in to this thread to see if there was anything interesting going on. Guess I picked the right page to land on. That looks pretty amazing. Glad to see the English version will be published in print later this year, as I'm almost exclusively a paper reader.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dandadan#Publication

I bought Volume 0 of Jujutsu Kaisen and thought it was a decent entry point for the franchise. I was hoping for a spinoff like Vigilantes but its not really that.

I also been enjoying Beastars. I bought the manga from volume 11. That's post season 2 of the anime in case you're curious.

Mighty Member

i have been checking a manga series called Juujika no rokunin it is a manga series about a boy named Shun uruma dealing with his bullies who killed his family and killing them one by one.

I also enjoyed Hingajima and it's follow ups about mutant like vampires the creator of higanjima was good friends with the later creator of berserk too.

Was walking out of the public library yesterday and as i was walking out two teen girls and i guess was one of Thems (or Boths) little brother was also leaving. The boy was all excited about the books he got.

I looked and the books were demon slayer and dragonball z!

Manga really is getting big here isn't it! Also note our library can't keep the mario manga in. In fact, they had to get a second copy after the first was worn out! I think the mario movie going to do well!

As for me i need a new manga to read. Any suggestions for a magic/ fantasy based one? Old or new.

Kazuki Takahashi (R.I.P.)