Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1057

Typically you will find Akira in 6 volumes (and most decent versions are like this).
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
    Typically you will find Akira in 6 volumes (and most decent versions are like this).
    Ah yes mine is 6 volumes (anniversary), but I thought that each volume might have collected X issues. Thanks!

BANNED

title: Mahoutsukai no Insatsujo

translation: A Witch's Printing Office

A Witch's Printing Office summary:

Mika Kamiya is a young woman who is a "magic printer" - that is, she helps to create grimoirs and other mystic books which witches and wizards can use. However, she cannot use any magic herself. Desperate to find a spell which can send her back to her home world, Mika decides to create a COMpetely magIcal marKET, where magicians can trade and show off their creations.

BANNED

Kuro no Souzou Shoukanshi - Tenseisha no Hangyaku

title: Kuro no Souzou Shoukanshi: Tenseisha no Hangyaku

translation: The Black Create Summoner: Revenge of the Reincarnater

Summary:

Due to a god's mistake, high schooler Tsuguna died before his time. In exchange, the god agreed to do him a favor in his next life. Tsuguna is reborn to a noble household in a world with magic. He has an unusual form of magic that he requested from the god, the ability to create summoned creatures. However, his dark Japanese hair and eyes mark him as a cursed child in this new world, and his powers are slow to appear. He's kept in a dark basement where he reads his family's books, until one day he finally uncovers the key to his powers. Finally, he can set off into the world with his summoned companion to level up his skills! (source: Mangahelpers)

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Ah yes mine is 6 volumes (anniversary), but I thought that each volume might have collected X issues. Thanks!
    Technically, yes? From a bit of quick searching, if you wanted "individual issues", then you would need to get the weekly Young Magazine releases from 1982-1990 to get the Japanese version (manga issues are usually printed in weekly or monthly anthologies with a number of other titles, rather than by themselves). Apparently there was a 1988-1995 individual issue run in English by Epic Comics as well. The 6-volume set is probably going to be the best-looking version, and the easiest to find.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

BANNED

Gaishuu Isshoku

Description
    A doormat of a realtor whos not over his last breakup. A blackmailing, foul-mouthed young female mangaka whos run away from home. Put them under one roof and this is probably what you'd get.

======================

title: Unemployed Concentration Camp

Associated Names
    Mushoku Kyousei Shuuyoujo
    Mushoku Kyouseishuu Youjo
    Mushoku Kyouseishuuyoujo
    Unemployed Forcing Asylum

Description
    2022, Japan's non-workers regeneration method has been established. Person who does not have income more than six months, is subject to a treatment where they rewrite their brain at a regeneration treatment facility. Tatsuya Kamijo was working in a foreign-owned investment company. One day he loses his job, but six months later, Tatsuya is sent to a concentration camp rather than a playback facility. There he is subjected to worse treatment than brainwashing and training. Why was Tatsuya sent there? -

2016 Every Star horror grand prize winners!

BANNED

title: Level 1 dakedo Unique Skill de Saikyou desu

translation: Although I Am Only Level 1, but with This Unique Skill, I Am the Strongest

Description
    Satou Ryouta who died from overworking at a black company was reincarnated to another world. Although Ryouta was alive, he is now burdened with the inconvenience that his level is fixed to 1 in this new world. Although he wasn’t able to raise his level, he had a unique skill that can create a cheat-like item that shouldn’t exist in the world from a monster. He got to know about his status and MAX them with the help of ability-up items. He gathered a number of weapons and items that can only be used by himself, allowing him to be level 1 but yet, having the strongest equipment.

BANNED

title: Orenchi ni Kita Onna Kishi to: Inakagurashi suru Koto ni Natta Ken

translations:
    Regarding That We Decided to Live in the Countryside With The Female Knight Who Came to Us
    The Matter Regarding the Female Knight Who Came to Live With Me in the Countryside

Description:
    Saeki Kanji, 32 years old and still single, is living in the Japanese countryside, which is in decline. After graduating from university with a degree in economics he took a job as a salary man in a leading company in Tokyo, but retired when he inherited the family farm in Miyama village when his parents passed on. He soon took to the life of a simple farmer.

One day a beautiful woman wearing full body armor came to his door begging to stay the night. She claimed to be royalty from another world and is unable to return there. She ends up living with Kanji and helping out the local agriculture situation.

BANNED

title: Otona no Bouguya-san

translation: Armor Shop For Ladies & Gentlemen

Description:
    "All armor handled in this shop is..." On his way of searching for a job, young man Kautz caught a sight of a shop recruiting for a store clerk. When he entered, what he saw was... Welcome to the journey! Welcome to the adult armor shop!

Ok, so having bought the anniversary edition of Akira when it was released, I finally got around to reading it. It is the best manga that I've read so far, although admittedly that is limited... Any recommendations based on my liking Akira?

Also, why does manga not have its own sub-forum?!

Ok, so having bought the anniversary edition of Akira when it was released, I finally got around to reading it. It is the best manga that I've read so far, although admittedly that is limited... Any recommendations based on my liking Akira?
    Depends on your taste and what manga you've read so far, but here's a few of the modern classics:
    -If you like Akira but haven't given The Ghost in the Shell a try yet, I would argue that's the most logical follow-up.
    -Death Note is very hyped maybe, but I wouldn't say it's entirely undeserved. Very good introduction into manga I would say.
    -Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind is just absolutely gorgeous, and fits in that big-ideas category Akira is in, too.
    -Saturn Apartments is a neat series if you like the art style.
    -You could consider Fullmetal Alchemist, that's a bit more Shonen though.
    -Dark Horse did really small, but cheap reprints of Astro Boy a few years ago. Very dense due to their size, but that's a classic for sure.
    -If you're better versed in the history of manga, I've heard A Drifting Life is very good. It won every award under the Sun haha, including an Eisner or two.

One of the forum admins addressed this question around six months ago, after I was approached about this topic. I've pasted their reply below:

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Just to raise a matter that was raised to the Moderators - the possibility of an anime/manga forum.

The CBR Forums have boasted such a forum before and it existed for some years (Moderated by Darkblade, who did a great job). It was never a high traffic forum and was eventually wound down. If we see enough traffic regarding the topic to warrant looking at an anime/manga forum in the future, that is something we would be prepared to do just like we always do.
    In short: traffic and posting numbers are the major factors in if a board gets established or not.
    Unfortunately I don't think that surge in traffic has been seen yet. Over the past half year, there have been 3 consistently active manga threads (this one, Fairy Tail, My Hero Academia) and a few more anime ones in the TV/Film section (e.g.: Dragon Ball Super, the general anime thread). Maybe if activity increases significantly it's worth pursuing in the future though!

Since you like Akira and seem to be interested in reading the best that manga has to offer, might I suggest Domu: A Child's Dream (also from the same creator, Katsuhiro Otomo).

BANNED

title: Matano Okoshiwo

Summary:

Ari Tsubate is a 15 year old boy who is bad at everything. One day after receiving his test scores, he is killed in a accident. When he woke up, he found himself at the entrance of the netherworld inn. Greeted by the staff of the inn, he begins his journey in the netherworld.

Ah, that's fair enough, if not surprising.

Thanks for the suggestions both. I've read Deathnote (awesome, but could've been shortened). I've not read the rest although a few are on my list!

BANNED

title: Nozomanu Fushi no Boukensha

Summary:

Lento Feyner has been stuck as a bronze rank adventurer for 10 years, but while exploring the labyrinth he accidentally discovers a dragon and is killed. However, he finds himself still conscious in the body of a skeleton, and resolves to kill monsters to take their magical power in the hopes that he will be able to evolve as a monster and obtain a human-like body one day.