Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21616768697071
Results 1,051 to 1,058 of 1058
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Is that the one that got turned into the shorts 'Love Is Like A Cocktail' a few seasons back?
    Nope, I had no idea there were shorts 'Love Is Like A Cocktail'!

BANNED

title: 34-sai Mushoku-san

translation: Ms. Unemployed 34 Year-Old

Description:
    They say that the prime of one's career happens in their mid-thirties. During that time, women plan many things and tell themselves, “I won't let this year go by without doing anything!”

And then, a 34 year-old's life begins.

Hearing a new vacuum cleaner hum in the night shifts her moods as the Galactic Railroad runs in her mind...

Shall we take a look at an unemployed's slow, laid-back daily life?

BANNED

title: Isekai ni Kita Mitai dakedo Ikanisureba Yoi no Darou

translation: It Seems I Came to Another World, But What Should I Do?

Description
    On a certain morning a metabolic 35 year old salary man was suddenly transported to another world.

Without knowledge, without the ability to communicate, and I am especially not confident about my physical capabilities. I have no idea what to do.

However my current goal is to figure out how to keep living using the skills granted to me from the existence known as the interface.

Hero? Demon King? I know nothing about that. I am just a salary man.

BANNED

title: Wa ga Na wa Umishi

translations:
    Master of the Ocean
    Master of the Sea

Description:
    Salvors are men responsible for towing wrecked ships and handling the cargo. They are different from rescue teams as they usually ask for money before offering help. Nanba Rintarou's father was the owner of such a company, but Rintarou really hated the way they operated and decided to join the Coast Guard.

However, Rintarou's father died right after Rintarou completed his training. In his will he asked Rintarou to take over his company. What's worse is he left his son a debt of 1.5 billion yen...

A series about Maritime salvage contractors and some of the intricacies of saving sinking ships, raising wrecks, Debt collectors, life or death struggles on booby trapped North korean spy boats, repairing corroded equipment, etc,etc. Just a normal day at work for a salvage crew....

BANNED

title: Samayoeru Tensei-sha-tachi no Revival Game

translation: Revival Game of Wandering Reincarnations

Review: It is an awesome new manga based in the isekai (parallel world) genre. When I read the manga I have started to like it. An ordinary Japanese guy who is transported to another world but as a woman, although not exactly reincarnated like the girl from Youjo Senki a.k.a. The Saga of Tanya the Evil. The main characters have the ability to come back from dead after being killed in battle.

Berserk of the Gluttony is a title you might enjoy reading, even those who might cringe looking at Kirito lookalike.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Mighty Member

Food manga like Food Wars, Toriko and Delicious in Dungeon are fairly common and popular these days. But have you considered pairing them with a nice wine manga? If so, may I suggest The Drops of God by Tadashi Agi and Shu Akimoto. I find it to be a nice, dry manga with rich tannins and an oaky finish.

Eh, just kidding with the sommelier talk.
    DropsofGod.jpg

But from the first volume it does seem to be a nice seinen manga about wine that could be seen as something like a more subdued, grown-up Food Wars. It's about the estranged son of a rich wine expert who, despite never having actually tasted wine before, must compete with a famous wine critic to identify and describe a number of "god-level" wines in order to inherit his deceased father's vast and expensive collection. To help with his lack of knowledge, he recruits the help of a young woman who's an apprentice sommelier at a high class restaurant. It's a Kodansha manga that's being published digitally by Comixology. I like the one volume I've read. I'm going to keep this one on my radar for a little while.

Mighty Member

Is this thread dead? Did I kill it?

I hope not, because I want to give more recommendations. For example, I love this one: Kaiju Girl Caramelise.
    Attachment 90035

Kuroe Akaishi is a loner who suffers from a disease that causes her body to deform in strange ways when her emotions run high. She manages until class heartthrob Arata Minami takes an interest in her. However, when she starts to develop feelings in return, she discovers that her feelings can turn her into a 30-story kaiju. Now dubbed Harugon by the news media, Kuroe tries to navigate her high school love life without destroying a city in the process.

It's a really weird shojo romance manga, but that's what makes it so great. It's just so ridiculously different. It doesn't even run in a shojo magazine. Apparently, it runs in Comic Alive which is a seinen magazine. It's got a fun supporting cast that includes Kuroe's overprotective gyaru mother and her Kuroe's friend Manatsu who loves kaiju a little too much. Plus, just the "transforming into a kaiju=adolescence" metaphor which is worth the price of admission. Check this one out if you can.