Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    Nope, Wolfman and Nicieza are too IMHO.

Cheers.

James.
    So is Rucka. IMHO The Question is the best of these side issues thus far and none of the rest even come close. Wolfman and Nicieza issues are good though.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poroto678 View Post
    Am i the only one who thinks that Tony Bedard is the only writer doind nice stuff (Aqumann, Speed Force)?
    His Wrath Child (Batman Confidential #13-16) arc/tpb was like one of the few recent Batman stories I've enjoyed...and by "recent," I mean including 2008, when that story came out. That's how few non-Snyder non-Morrison Batman stories I've enjoyed since then.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    So is Rucka. IMHO The Question is the best of these side issues thus far and none of the rest even come close. Wolfman and Nicieza issues are good though.
    Yeah, I forgot to include Rucka I agree the QUESTION has been excellent

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fn Man View Post
    I looked at Convergence as a 2 month break for my Wallet from DC. I only see 3-4 books worth picking up when this BS is done.
    Opposite for me...will finally be picking up -real- Wally and Jay again for four books before going back to keeping my money in my pocket...as far as DC and Marvel are concerned. Am still getting Titan's DW series.

Welcome to California, DC. Do try to keep your water use to a minimum.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

I was finding the last few years before crisis to be dull and boring.
    I loved D C Comics from 1987-2005.
    I thought 2005-2011 was a lot of misses and only Batman and Green Lantern was good.
    I have enjoyed the New 52 very much and am looking forward to continuing with a lot
    of books in June and trying most of the new series.
    I suspect there will come a time I am bored and tired of this Universe as I became with the
    two former D C Universe......... but that time is not now (at least for me).

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Not really, I mean I'm still interested in reading Gotham Academy. I might one day catch up on Batman, too.

All-New Member

nah but i have been ignoring it mostly lol.

Convergence has me reading new DC stuff for the first time in quite a while. It's because, however much of an illusion it is, they are including Bronze Age and even apparently one Silver Age world. I say "illusion" because I seriously doubt those worlds and characters will be presented as they originally were though I may be surprised. I also doubt these worlds will continue after this event. Still, it's both a potential Nostalgia fest and a way of seeing some of the newer (new to me) stuff DC has been doing. So far, I'm liking the new stuff too.

BANNED

So far I've only picked up Wonder Woman and Shazam and that's about the only ones I think I'll pick up, mostly for nostalgia. I like Billy, Mary and Freddie portrayed as nice kids and I liked it when Diana was a little less savage and the amazon's an enlightened civilization instead of bronze age rapist and murders. The two month break isn't doing anything else for me but reminding me how disposable that the DC writers and editors think these characters are and how little the modern DCU has to offer.

Astonishing Member

I think the big takeaways from Convergence are...

Rucka on some sort of street level book.
    Shaner on Captain Marvel/Shazam

Spectacular Member

Post Convergence Martian Manhunter looks interesting, and then there's......well, that's about it for me.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    On the contrary,It Gave People who Missed Their Favorite characters back(Even if it's only two month's)
    True. I am going to miss the JSA,Titans,and Wildstorm after May then it's just Aquaman
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse