Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

As I expected, not all of the Convergence titles are especially well done or exciting but overall I'm having a blast revisiting "old friends." I can't recall the number of titles I picked up pre-Flashpoint but I was easily spending $50 per week on DC. Six months after Flashpoint, my interest in characters I'd followed for 35+ years dwindled and I was down to spending about $20 per week. I'm getting all but a couple of the Convergence titles, so I'm back to about $50 per week for April and May, but come June my pull list will be down to a shocking (to me anyway) 14 titles, roughly $50 per month. Convergence has reignited my excitement for DC Comics but not for the New 52 DCU.

Not reading it but I hear the tie ins are pretty good

Gritty & Realistic Member Hatestorm's Avatar

The New 52 killed my faith in DC Comics.

Convergence seems like their way of trying to clean up the mess and undo the damage, but we'll have to wait and see.

June can not get here soon enough (imho)

I thank D C for putting out Convergence and Marvel for Secret Wars because it reminded me that the only thing I care for is
    the present and that present moving into the future.

I like the present state of D C Comics and look forward to enjoying a lot of comics from June on.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    I have issues 1-40 (or will once Batman and Justice League come out) of all the major 9 titles (Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Justice League, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Aquaman

Action Comics - Pretty good, except for the Andy Diggle aborted run
    Superman - Mostly terrible except for the Geoff Johns small run.
    Detective Comics - Great art, terrible story.
    Batman - Pretty good, extremely slow pacing.
    Justice League - Very good.
    Wonder Woman - I hated the Azz run and the new one is pretty weak.
    Green Lantern - Great when Geoff was writing it. Started terrible with Venditti, got better with time.
    The Flash - Began with great art and weak writing, now had bad art AND bad writing, not improving.
    Aquaman - Good with Geoff Johns. I love Paul Pelletier and Jeff Parker was OK.

I've been reading most of the same titles and I'm surprised that you didn't like Azz and Chang's wonder woman. Granted it is the only wonder woman story I have ever read so if it deviates from her normal history then I can see where people would be upset (I've read the blogs about how her history has been changed and can understand how that could be upsetting to longtime fans) but I feel like the storyline was great. However, I would say the new run by Finch has been awful. And as far as superman and action comics I didn't enjoy the runs on either book by Scott Lobdell. I don't think I have ever liked anything I've read by Scott Lobdell. Not coming on here to hate or offend anyone, I just haven't read anything of his that I've enjoyed yet.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NeonZ View Post
    The solicits say that the New 52 main Earth characters will appear in the last 2 or 3 issues of the main Convergence mini. I suspect it was a change of plans after they realized how unpopular Earth-2 and World's End were getting. Although they really should have restructured the entire mini to focus on them, or the Pre-Flashpoint crew, rather than Earth-2's cast.
    So what is the number of the new 52 earth? Like the one that court of owls and Grant Morrison action comics took place in.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Angel View Post
    Not reading it but I hear the tie ins are pretty good
    Real good, Hawk man ,New Teen Titans and Justice League of America and the flash good stuff .

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Convergence is easily the worst event I've ever read. It's just so boring! The Father and song confrontation wasn't even heartfelt and that's the only thing that peeked my interest. To me Convergence is just a really bad version of the hunger games. Even Original Sin was better than this.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by zsizzle View Post
    So what is the number of the new 52 earth? Like the one that court of owls and Grant Morrison action comics took place in.
    Earth 0 or "Prime Earth"

Quote Originally Posted by Batman#22 View Post
    Convergence is easily the worst event I've ever read. It's just so boring! The Father and song confrontation wasn't even heartfelt and that's the only thing that peeked my interest. To me Convergence is just a really bad version of the hunger games. Even Original Sin was better than this.
    Three words that describe comic book fans: hateful , elitist and closed minded.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    On the contrary,It Gave People who Missed Their Favorite characters back(Even if it's only two month's)
    Not really. I was going to pick up the Outsiders book for nostalgia's sake, but the preview shows Geo-Force using his step-sister's power. You're definitely not getting your favorite characters back if the writers, artists & editors can't do a little research.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Yeah, I can get what you are saying, but then I check your signature and wonder how you put up with the gimmicks from one company but not another. It would seem more in line if you were now giving all your money to Image. Do you really enjoy having your Marvel books relaunched every year, rotate artists, and have stories derailed by the monthly event that will change everything?
    ^^^Best post in the thread

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    I didn't come here to talk about Marvel. I am not going to derail this thread into some turf war. Yes, I am enjoying Marvel a lot these days and their events are not DC's events. There are valid and logical reasons why one is more appealing than the other without going into specifics on a DC board. Suffice it to say that I love events, as long as the narrative flows from A to B without interruption. Convergence and the September Gimmickry as I call it violate the continuity flow rule.
    Sub-counciously you DID come here to talk about Marvel because you are jaded/disappointed/frustrated with DC. I would say both publishers have been throwing darts and hoping one sticks. I think Marvel's done a much more poorer job of giving context to certain ground breaking decisions i.e. Cap becomes old, Wolverine "dies", and Characters are inverted and then miraculously not.

Dc is not without its own warts, but I think the Snyder/Capullo Batman run is nothing short of a classic, and the Justice League stories have done a good job at building a unique world, albeit some of the events were too easily concluded such as Forever Evil.

All in all there's no point in continuity because its breaking all around, and it seems a lot of books don't want to be confined by it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ropeburn View Post
    Not really. I was going to pick up the Outsiders book for nostalgia's sake, but the preview shows Geo-Force using his step-sister's power. You're definitely not getting your favorite characters back if the writers, artists & editors can't do a little research.
    If you're talking about Terra, she is Geo-Force's HALF-sister, not step-sister. They share the same father. Maybe you need to do a little research yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman#22 View Post
    I don't know if its the worst event ever, still too early to tell, but certainly nothing compelling has occurred in the #0-2 issues I've read and most of the tie-ins. I think the only book which had a cliffhanger that I am eager to read is issue#2 of the "Titans" book featuring Arsenal, Starfire, and Donna Troy.
    Last edited by JBH3; 04-25-2015 at 08:42 AM.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt396 View Post
    Three words that describe comic book fans: hateful , elitist and closed minded.
    What, I can't have an opinion? I'm allowed not to like something. If anything I'm usually love most comics I read and most movies/TV that I watch.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?