Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Marvel and Telltale Games Team Up for Console Game

Marvel Entertainment and Telltale Games, known for its storytelling game play, will collaborate on an untitled console game to be released in 2017.

Full article here.

Mighty Member

Man, that's what you call a close cut if I ever seen one. I figure a mod or admin should get rid of my thread.

2017?! Man...

Amazing Member

A Marvel video game for a console? That I don't get to download for free and then pay through the nose for continual updates? I may lose my mind.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I'm excited.

Pretty sweet, but I'm really getting tired of everyone announcing stuff that isn't coming out anywhere in the near future, as half this crap has the chance of being cancelled.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderllama View Post
    2017?! Man...
    Well they do still need to make there twelve thousand other announced games.

I'm just happy were finally getting a real marvel game after so long again, even if I am a little tired of the telltale formula.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Since Telltale is involved this game should not star a superhero, a shield agent or anyone with a occupation that would lend itself to heavy action. Telltale specializes on narrative heavy games with any action being relegated to QTEs, button mashing and awful shooting mechanics (if shooting is necessary). Let them use a character or team that would play to their strength. With this in mind the best candidate I can think of would Jessica Jones and Moon Knight in his 'Mr. Knight' persona.

He referenced Contest of Champions so we should probably hold our excitement.

but Thank god for a non moblie game.

Spectacular Member VideoGameCinema's Avatar

OMG TELLTALE TO MAKE A MARVEL GAME!? HOLY CRAP!

Sorry for all caps, but my excitement can't be contained.

BANNED

Please be Spider-Man based...... please.

Or MUA 3!

Just glad it's a console game. Hopefully 360/PS3 compatible.

This could be interesting. I need more details!
    We need better comics

Oh man, this is going to be awesome. I LOVE Telltale's Walking Dead games... can't wait to see what they come up with. Just so bummed it's not going to be released until 2017.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Mighty Member

That's just the nature of the gaming industry. Very few things are announced with less than a year between the announcement and actual release date. 2 years is generally the norm, though it go up to 5 (or 10 in extreme circumstances.)

Wow, the idea of finally getting a legitimate Marvel game on consoles again is awesome enough, but in a partnership with Telltale? Lots of possibilities there .

I'd imagine it probably wouldn't be a straight-up Superhero game considering Telltale's experience and what they're known for, so it'll be interesting to see what this ends up being.

Personally, I'm still waiting for a Spider-Man game on the level of the Arkham series...