Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Spider-Man '67 beats all. Drop the mic.

Retired

The creme de la creme of cartoon shows was THE BUGS BUNNY SHOW. It started out as a prime time show on Tuesdays on ABC in 1960. I don't remember that far back. It was moved to Saturday mornings, but I never saw it at that time. I remember it as always on CBC in the afternoon on Saturday. When you heard the theme song, "This Is It"--written by Mack David and Jerry Livingston and performed by Mel Blanc (with back-up singers and full orchestra)--you knew that you were in for a full hour of the finest entertainment. I always understood that this program was a cut above the usual rough and tumble cartoons available on a Saturday morning. This was the Oscar Winning Rabbit, who rubbed shoulders with the likes of Bob Hope and Jimmy Durante. We just called him Bugs.

From DC's cartoons, I really like the theme tunes of Batman TAS, Superman TAS, Batman Beyond, and the two JL series.

From Marvel's cartoons, I really like the theme tunes of 1967 Spider-Man, Spider-Man TAS, X-Men TAS, Super Hero Squad, and Avengers EMH. I also like the two Japanese openings that were used in the Japanese dub X-Men, and I also like the 1960's Hulk cartoon theme in a "so bad it's good" kind of way.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

My Next Favorite One After Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, my 2nd Favorite is the Justice League: Unlimited Opening!

The Essene of Heroic & Supreme Heroes of Honor & Power!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Their are So Many Good Ones out their!

My Favorite has to be Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes!
    Man forgot about that one! I was so mad, I mean, my son was so mad when they cut the theme out of the second season!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Man forgot about that one! I was so mad, I mean, my son was so mad when they cut the theme out of the second season!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkbPcnSpH70

he wasn't the only one.

normally not a fan of this music, but they nailed out out of the park.

adding
    1. The Tick (instant upper)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fadWcbnWucc

2. Disney's Gargoyles (the original orchestra version)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0_aCEhyjNk

3. Spectacular Spiderman (I'm a fan of the old's 60's spiderman theme and they managed to make it better)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2ASUOtvHBU

4. War Planets/Shadow raiders
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JuAFiNmuNg

x-men fox is the best theme from it, but it's already posted.

Retired

I think the grandfather of all cartoon super-hero theme songs might be the Mighty Mouse theme song that was first used for MIGHTY MOUSE PLAYHOUSE in the mid-50s. I went looking for video of this song the other day, but I ended up watching hours and hours of Andy Kaufman.

For those that don't remember, Andy Kaufman did this song on the first episode of SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE forty years ago--in a brilliant but jaw-dropping bit.

Kind of cheating, but I love the Real Ghostbusters arrangement moreso than the movie. It just has more bass, and the guitar sounds like the musician was having fun.

90s X-Men theme wins the day for me, but the 90s Spider-Man theme was impressive to me, too. Covers and remakes and all are always hit and miss, but I love how it updated the 60s theme into something more dangerous.

Thundercats deserve honorable mention, and most of the DCAU themes have been consistently good. And I love the Japanese DBZ theme -- it strikes the right kind of balance between enthusiasm and adventure (which the show doesn't always have, admittedly).

I cannot stand the Avengers EMH theme at all. It tries too hard to sound edgy and current, but it comes across as angsty and whiny thanks to the nasally, high pitched lead singer, who sounds more like he's throwing a fit rather than singing about superheroes. I picture him in the studio holding the bridge of his nose with two fingers. Keep it as an instrumental or replace the singer, and it'll probably work better for me.

The two Iron Men themes (I think only two?) in the 90s were pretty sweet in their own right. However, the first FF theme was just corny, campy rubbish. The second theme was a big improvement.
    Last edited by Cyke; 04-27-2015 at 11:47 AM.

This wins for me.

Not least of which for the line "All those who chose to oppose his shield must yield"

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Batman Beyond
    90s Spider-Man: The Animated Series

BANNED

I liked the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon, but it's theme song is really terrible. It feels like a parody of those kinds of bad kids show theme songs.

My favourite would have to be: X-Men: The Animated Show on Fox.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

The Cutey Honey theme is super catchy.

The Airbats theme.

And, the 90s X-Men theme is so stuck in my head that I once started playing it as if it was just some spontaneous riff I "thought of."
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)