Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    Thought I'd post this link to show you guys the delays that Uncanny will have for its next 3 issues including #600 and for All New X-Men 41.

Scroll down to the Marvel Comics section, this was posted 4-14

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/...ticleID=162312
    Update, further delays.

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/957

Well, plenty of time. As long as it ships before September everything should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    Update, further delays.

Well, plenty of time. As long as it ships before September everything should be fine.
    Those books are going to feel soooo relevant when they will be released...

Update, further delays.

Holy S---. So sad. BUT, I do hope that means rewrites are happening for a solid end to Bendis's's run.

I wonder if the delays are due to rewrites or just so xmen will have books ongoing during the secret wars event.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Holy S---. So sad. BUT, I do hope that means rewrites are happening for a solid end to Bendis's's run.

I wonder if the delays are due to rewrites or just so xmen will have books ongoing during the secret wars event.
    They will give the same kind of excuse as for ANXM #37: Those issues are standalone and don't impact the story so it doesn't really matter if they are published out of order, after Secret Wars. (and they may even manage to keep a straight face while saying it. That's a real superpower!).

It all takes place 8 months before Time Runs out so I doubt there will be anything happening that will matter to Hockmans story. We know where Cyclops ends up and thats all that really matters apparently.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

I really wish these issues would come out sooner. I am picking up NA and Avengers today but other than that, Uncanny is the only title I'm reading now, and I do intend to pick up through issue 600. Even though Bendis is just gonna Bendis til the very end. SO ready to jump off this train.

Really interesting in reading the discussions of Uncanny writers post 2000. I know i don't post much but for my opinion for what it's worth.

1. Brubaker - I know I'm in the minority, but good God, RAFOTSE took me back to how to write a classically epic story. Hate on Vulcan all you want but the story was massive. and I throughly enjoyed it. His other storylines were pretty good too.

2. Claremont - no where near as good as his first run but better than the run he had on Revolution. Besides, it's Claremont with his favorite characters. I don't think he'd lost his touch quite yet, but whooo that Exiles stint he did...stunk.

3. Gillen - Damn fine run. Not classic but throughly enjoyable nonetheless. He really had a knack for finding the voices for the characters.

4. Fraction - this and #5 are hard to rank. They have good storyline ideas but the execution is bad in both. The sisterhood could have been much better. Hated the forcing of Pixie onto the readership and he obviously has a man crush on Cyclops. Still, he sometimes found the characterization and sometimes not. I felt that Land's art did NOT help his run though it made the entire thing read much more shallower.

5. Bendis - It's Bendis. Bendis is going to be Bendis. Meaning long drawn out storylines, loss of character voice and completely ignoring continuity. Still, his first half of his run up to BOTA was pretty good (in both his books). After that though, it's just been bad and boring and someone meaningless.

6. Casey - THis is where is really starts to get really bad. I don't 'get the love for Poptopia. Maybe I'm not meta enough. I know some people really love his run. I just...didn't get it. Oh well at least it was a short run.

7. He Who Shall Not Be Named. Worst. Run. EVER.Not just in Uncanny but in any X-book period. The fact that the flagship book had to be subjected to such storylines is just damned depressing. And the fact it carried on so long was cruel as well. And what makes it worse, is for all of the really bad crap he threw at the wall, the last two issues of his run stuck to the wall, and were IMO REALLY good. In fact I'd go so far to say that the final issue of his run may be my favorite issue of Uncanny ever. Where the ability to write like that was the rest of his run I have no idea, but it makes it even worse to know he can write well, and maybe just chooses not to most of the time?

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

Technically, Uncanny wasn't the flagship anymore under Casey and Austen. Morrison's book was the flag ship even though it didn't have the Uncanny title.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Update, further delays.
    Hilarious. Bring on the Tempus and IceTeen rewrites, lol.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Casey and Austen were accompanied by good artists so there's that. But if they were the guys writing Uncanny when I picked the book back up due to the movies, they made suffer through some shit. (Alex ditching Polaris, Good Juggers, Angel screwing his girlfriend in front of her mother, etc.)

Claremont's best work during the 2000's was Extreme X-Men and X-Men Forever.

Come to think of it, Uncanny was kinda lackluster compared to what was going on in X-Men vol.2 and New X-Men.

Spectacular Member

Updated my original post to reflect the shipping changes for the last two issues of Uncanny, if people need to mark these dates on their calendar, and that All New X-men has no delays as issue 41 which came out last week seems to be the last issue for now.
    Last edited by Avengers1986; 06-06-2015 at 05:16 PM.

I don't know if All-New was late, or what, but I just got mine in yesterday. Skimmed through it because, imo, none of it matters. Saw Karma get owned by Jean, which was annoying...