Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ghost Riders Appreciation

Johnny Blaze, Danny Ketch,Alejandra blaze and Robby Reyes let's celebrate the spirits of vengeance
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Last edited by Orb; 04-30-2014 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Forgot one

Huh, a Ghost Rider thread about all of the current Ghost Riders, that's not to bad. Although I still miss Robbie's old thread.

On another note, a guy by the name of ORB, who is one of the Ghost Riders worst enemies, wrote the appreciation thread? That's just hilariously ironic.

Incredible Member

written a while ago, but reposting

Ghost Rider - How would you write him?
    seeing as they green lighted the sequel, I think it would be a good time to bring this up.

how would you write ghost rider?

what do you like about the character?

Key themes you would use?

Villains you would use (either from his rogues gallery or marvel as a whole).

johnny blaze or ketch, or a different spin.

Personally I would treat him like an old school horror movie monster that even other heroes and villains fear.

He shows up, tanks insane amount of damage and is always in pursuit.

he is the spirit of vengeance and a primal force of nature, on par with man-thing in that regard.

and most of the time, it's from his target's perspective.

you don't emphasize with the rider, you fear him....even when he's the good guy.

In contrast, when you use his human side, I would show it as a man possessed. I really liked the carne side of the character and it could be played up a contrast between the lovable carne and the unstoppable spirit of vengence.

I would keep him in the south west U.S. for the most part, cause it really helps flesh out the marvel universe as a whole.

And make it a dark western. I really liked that feel.

As for other characters:

I really liked his roady from the movie and think having somebody similar as part of his supporting cast would help inject some humanity into the series as a whole.

There is this RPG, known as deadlands that could be an endless source of demonic monsters with a western theme. With some retooling, they could be considered part of his "rogues gallery".

after all, ghost rider verses the el diablos could be absolutely amazing if written right.

Fantastic Member

I loved the ghost rider series and all the mini series but this newest one bought issue one was not impressed so think I will pass on collecting them . Have you read the western stuff I got the ghost rider 1 - 7 series and night rider 1 - 6 series not a bad read . Enjoyed all the stuff in between them and now . Even Blaze . Later

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

I don't mind the new series at all. I look at him as a new character "Called" Ghost Rider...but in my opinion, He is not "THE" Ghost Rider

I only give that title to Johnny and Danny

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Huh, a Ghost Rider thread about all of the current Ghost Riders, that's not to bad. Although I still miss Robbie's old thread.

On another note, a guy by the name of ORB, who is one of the Ghost Riders worst enemies, wrote the appreciation thread? That's just hilariously ironic.
    LOL! I very much agree!

Not really specified but can we take some time to appreciate Ghost Rider 2099's design? Absolutely the coolest 2099 design I've seen.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Howard Mackie!!!

Web of Spider-Man #95 Dec 1992
    "Storm Shadows" Part 1 of 4. Guest-starring Ghost Rider and Johnny Blaze.
    The forces of good and evil gather in New York City for a bizarre night of all-out action! While taking the Hobgoblin to the police station,
    the web-slinger and his prisoner are ambushed by the Demogoblin and the eight-legged doppelganger! So on the rooftops overlooking Manhattan,
    the goblins and the spiders battle for their lives…and other people's deaths! Meanwhile in the tunnels underneath Manhattan;
    Johnny Blaze, Ghost Rider, and Venom track down Hag, Troll, and the Deathspawn for a savage struggle in the sewer system!

Powerfully the two conflicts merge at ground level in a midtown church…and the wild free-for-all gets even wilder!

Venom vs. the doppelganger! The Demogoblin vs. Ghost Rider! The Hobgoblin vs. the Deathspawn!
    And of course, your friendly neighborhood Spider-man is caught in the middle of everything!

Script by Howard Mackie. Pencils by Alex Saviuk. Inks by Joe Rubinstein.

What had been happening with Ghost Rider recently?

BANNED

Ghost Rider & Blaze Spirits of Vengeance #5 Dec 1992
    "Chasing Shadows" Part 2 of 4. Guest-starring Spider-Man.
    The rip-roaring battle among a host of heroes and villains continues below the streets! In the dampness and darkness of the New York sewer system,
    the swarming Deathspawn gain the upper hand! And carry away the web-slinger, Hobgoblin, Demogoblin, doppelganger, and parish priest!

Thus leaving Johnny Blaze, Ghost Rider, and Venom to figure out where the Deathspawn have taken their prey!
    However, the three anti-heroes are not overly interested in working together!

But as the old expression goes…the enemy of my enemy is my friend…and so forth!
    Can the new trio of teammates find the amazing one and the goblins before it's too late?

Script by Howard Mackie. Pencils by Adam Kubert. Inks by Bill Reinhold.