Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Marvel announces video game deal with Telltale games

http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/23/848...es-partnership

I know this announcement was posted in the video games forum but I wanted to make this a more X-men centric post. I said previously in the Best X-men game thread that I would love for Telltale games to have a crack at the Xmen franchise because of their story driven games I think would lend itself well to everyone's favorite mutants. Telltale did a great job in adapting The Walking Dead and Vertigo book Fables into good games. I don't think marvel will use the X-men given that we've not seen any Xmen games at all in the last few years however it is nice to speculate and dream that it might happen...

Will there be any X-Men in the game?

Marvel is not going to shell out the bucks for a major X-Men game no matter what the company just like they won't with a new X-Men animated series not without coming to a Sony like deal with Fox.

You want good things in the future, beg Fox to come to better terms with Marvel.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-24-2015 at 02:42 AM.

Incredible Member

Nobody has announced what Marvel properties will be adapted by Telltale they just made the announcement that it will be released tentatively in 2017. My post was just rampant speculation/wishful thinking.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Marvel is not going to shell out the bucks for a major X-Men game anymore then they will and X-Men animated series not without coming to a Sony like deal with Fox.

You want good things, beg Fox to come to better terms with Marvel.
    Agreed it's just wishful thinking on my part. No X-men, not even Wolverine who is the most popular X-men character is in Disney Infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Marvel is not going to shell out the bucks for a major X-Men game no matter what the company just like they won't with a new X-Men animated series not without coming to a Sony like deal with Fox.

You want good things in the future, beg Fox to come to better terms with Marvel.
    FOX could make an x-men show without Marvel/Disney help. They have the rights. And if i remember correctly the last time they did it in the 90s the results were amazing. F**k Disney we don't need them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    FOX could make an x-men show without Marvel/Disney help. They have the rights. And if i remember correctly the last time they did it in the 90s the results were amazing. F**k Disney we don't need them!!!
    Sorry Marvel has the animation rights. Fox can't make an animated show. Fox only has the live-action rights.

Also the 90s cartoon was made by Saban and Marvel - Fox had nothing to do with it. Except that is was shown on Foxkids and it was one of the reason Fox/Donners bought the rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Sorry Marvel has the animation rights. Fox can't make an animated show. Fox only has the live-action rights.

Also the 90s cartoon was made by Saban and Marvel - Fox had nothing to do with it. Except that is was shown on Foxkids and it was one of the reason Fox/Donners bought the rights.
    No you are wrong. The spiderman deal is like this. Disney has the animation rights for spiderman and Sony for movies. Fox owns the x-men completely, both movies and Tv. They just let Marvel produce some cartoons in the past. A new X-men show (live action this time) is coming in 2016 or 17 by fox so tv rights=fox

No you are wrong. The spiderman deal is like this. Disney has the animation rights for spiderman and Sony for movies. Fox owns the x-men completely, both movies and Tv. They just let Marvel produce some cartoons in the past. A new X-men show (live action this time) is coming in 2016 or 17 by fox so tv rights=fox
    Nope sorry we had this confirmed last month after the Marvel animation dude misspoke at a con. We have the legal docs that confirms this (from August last year) and Bleeding Cool has had it confirmed from Marvel themselves.

Don't belive me, go back a few pages on the complex thread or find the thread from a few weeks ago that dealt with the animation rights.

Also Fox isn't credited on any X-Men animation shows - even if they were letting Marvel 'borrow' them they'd still be listed. Fox has never had anything to do with a X animated show. The 90s cartoon was even made before the deal in 93.

Fox has the live action rights alone. They did have the animation rights for a very short time, but that ended with the restucturing of the agreement in the 00s (Sources - Legal Docs from the Mutant X legal case - posted by Remydat in the Complex thread and the book: Marvel: The Untold Story).

Of course, if you have actual documents and sources to support your case, relating to the current status, please post them.

(Really, I'm starting to feel like I have this conversation at least twice a month. We debunk it, we show evidence, Marvel even confirms it, but give it a few days and we're back here.)
    Last edited by Beezzi; 04-24-2015 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Nope sorry we had this confirmed last month after the Marvel animation dude misspoke at a con. We have the legal docs that confirms this (from August last year) and Bleeding Cool has had it confirmed from Marvel themselves.

Don't belive me, go back a few pages on the complex thread or find the thread from a few weeks ago that dealt with the animation rights.

Also Fox isn't credited on any X-Men animation shows - even if they were letting Marvel 'borrow' them they'd still be listed. Fox has never had anything to do with a X animated show. The 90s cartoon was even made before the deal in 93.

Fox has the live action rights alone. They did have the animation rights for a very short time, but that ended with the restucturing of the agreement in the 00s (Sources - Legal Docs from the Mutant X legal case - posted by Remydat in the Complex thread and the book: Marvel: The Untold Story).

Of course, if you have actual documents and sources to support your case, relating to the current status, please post them.

(Really, I'm starting to feel like I have this conversation at least twice a month. We debunk it, we show evidence, Marvel even confirms it, but give it a few days and we're back here.)
    Ok i believe you. I just read about the tv series Fox is making and i thought all tv rights belongs to them. I didn't know Tv rights divided in live-action and animation.

Ultimate Member

http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2...ast_game_today

This was May last year.

I've said this in another thread but it seems a lot of people didn't know there's an X-men game on IOS and Android.

Ok i believe you. I just read about the tv series Fox is making and i thought all tv rights belongs to them. I didn't know Tv rights divided in live-action and animation.
    Cool. Yeah, the "agreement" is a bit odd. Marvel split things up later, hoping they could either make their own stuff or sell it to someone other than Fox for more money.

Anywhoo..

If Marvel is gonna give us a Telltale X game, I hope it's more like the Monkey Island or Sam & Max Telltale adventure games. The newer games might be good on story, but are it a bit puzzle light - more like interactive novels.

Avengers-related yes or yes

If they actually put some X-men in this game I'll check it out. Otherwise screw Marvel.

same here!