Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Default Darkseid War spoilers: Who is the daughter of Darkseid? And who is her mother?

Just to reassure now those worried by the thread title: it's not Diana.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/04/...fcbd-spoilers/

BANNED

she is a dark ww version, now I even more excited to read darkseis war.
    if she was dating orion, that would be extra fun

BANNED

double post, i trusted in you forum

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

So, basically, Johns was going to do what the Finches did: giving Diana a dark counterpart. He was just going to do it in an actually good and interesting way, without destroying one of Diana's best supporting characters.

Seriously, can we PLEASE get Johns to take over Diana's book? Like, right now?
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Is this the secret Batman shares with Wonder Woman? I mean the solicits talk about the ultimate temptation for him and whatnot, maybe Bruce actually knows Grail already (really cool name, btw), they met in the past and fell for one another, Diana found out and against their better judgment they kept her identity a secret from the League because of his feelings for her.

I love the touch of her not crying upon birth, but hissing. And now I'm longing to see a smackdown between the daddy's Darkseid and Zeus. But alas he is in baby form, lol.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-24-2015 at 07:42 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

So as with Justice League giving Diana a better costume than the one she is wearing in her own title, now she is getting a more interesting story than the one in her own title. Tell me again what's the reason for buying the Wonder Woman title when the better story/character is in a different book?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    So, basically, Johns was going to do what the Finches did: giving Diana a dark counterpart. He was just going to do it in an actually good and interesting way, without destroying one of Diana's best supporting characters.

Seriously, can we PLEASE get Johns to take over Diana's book? Like, right now?
    I respectfully disagree with this. I think that the Finches have done a good job so far and I fully expect that Donna Troy will, eventually, be redeemed in her enmity with Diana. I am not a long-time Donna Troy fan, so I can understand that her fans are unhappy with her current portrayal. But, for the same reason, I doubt that the intent is to turn her into a permanent villain. The character's origin shows her as an innocent who is being manipulated by others. That is a good grounding for a redemption storyline.

As far as Grail goes, this looks interesting. I have not been following most of Darkseid's appearances in the New 52, so I did not know (or forgot) that he was launching these wars in an effort to find his daughter. Is there any clue as to why he is so desperate to find her?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

So this is basically the same story as the solo book, only Donna is spared from crappy characterization and the artwork is much, much better?

I thought Darkseid's daughter was somebody else? I think she appeared in his Villain's Month issue? Unless they dropped that like a sack of crap, which good, cuz that one seemed lame.

Get Johns and Fabok on the solo book now. At least we know Diana won't be whiny. She might be psychotic at times, but not whiny.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunN View Post
    I respectfully disagree with this. I think that the Finches have done a good job so far and I fully expect that Donna Troy will, eventually, be redeemed in her enmity with Diana. I am not a long-time Donna Troy fan, so I can understand that her fans are unhappy with her current portrayal. But, for the same reason, I doubt that the intent is to turn her into a permanent villain. The character's origin shows her as an innocent who is being manipulated by others. That is a good grounding for a redemption storyline.
    She committed genocide within her first week of living. She will NEVER be the Donna we knew and loved.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Maybe this is Johns taking a stab at making an arch-nemesis for Diana? It will probably fail like the rest, but I'm along for the ride. She'd make an interesting addition to the rogues gallery regardless. I'm kind of seeing some similar stuff when compared to the First Born, but I like Grail's name and design much better, and a new female villain is always nice to see.

So, this is, what, the seventh evil Wonder Woman in her history?

Holy crap she's got two yellow power rings too. She's packing lots of heat.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

This does seem pretty cool and I'm looking forward to it with a dark WW counterpart, but why does everybody have to have that whole half their hair thing cos it looks silly.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

I think that hairdo is insanely sexy, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I think that hairdo is insanely sexy, personally.
    Ditto.

I love everything about Grail's look. Her origin is interesting, and she looks like a total badass.

I really hope she catches on and becomes a real, recurring problem for Diana. If handled correctly, she could have real staying power.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--