Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Eh... so I thought the daugther of Darkseid was Kaiyo.

Aside that: meh, couldn't he have done something more original?

I stopped reading to do a little jig at the mention of Epione and her healing ray.
    "I'm going to score this T-shirt and I am going to wear it because I want to"

I wonder if the lasso is her own, or something she acquired from an alternate Earth's WW. Likewise the trident could be from an alternate Earth's Aquaman. Same with her power rings.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spair View Post
    I stopped reading to do a little jig at the mention of Epione and her healing ray.
    I noticed that too.

It really looks like Johns is starting to take an interest in salvaging Diana from the mess in which she's been since the start of the New 52. Granted, he helped make that mess, but if he's willing to help clean it up, all is forgiven.

Once again, I seriously would love to see him take his newfound appreciation for Jimenez's work and take over Diana's book for a few years. He could do wonders for her in that time.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I wonder if the lasso is her own, or something she acquired from an alternate Earth's WW. Likewise the trident could be from an alternate Earth's Aquaman. Same with her power rings.
    Nope, everything she has, she took from the league. If you'll notice, she has Batman's belt hanging around her. She has Superman's cape draping from her belt. She is holding Aquaman's trident. She is wearing the power ring from the new Green Lantern. She is also wearing Hal's ring. She has Wonder Woman's lasso.

Astonishing Member

Could she herself be from the Paradise Island of Earth-2 or another? The Amazons' clothes struck me as looking pretty different from what we've seen on the main earth's Paradise Island. And I gather that Darkseid has been pursuing her throughout the multiverse, which suggests that she could be from any earth.

Quote Originally Posted by XchaiX
    Nope, everything she has, she took from the league.
    Or from already-defeated multiversal counterparts of the League's members?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight
    Is this the secret Batman shares with Wonder Woman? I mean the solicits talk about the ultimate temptation for him and whatnot, maybe Bruce actually knows Grail already (really cool name, btw), they met in the past and fell for one another, Diana found out and against their better judgment they kept her identity a secret from the League because of his feelings for her.
    Interesting! From the JL solicit:

"As Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor maneuver toward inevitable war, Wonder Woman leads the Justice League against a force that holds the answers on how to stop it – but the price might be Batman’s soul!"

So, I guess Darkseid's been chasing Grail because she has secret knowledge and/or has powers that could stop him from defeating (or being defeated by) the Anti-Monitor? And Grail is, for some reason, obsessed with Batman, and, in exchange for Batman's soul (i.e., making him her lover or slave?), she would help the League defeat Darkseid? And Wonder Woman has been somehow keeping Batman out of Grail's power until now? Something like that?

And how does Power Woman's baby, from Earth 3, fit into this?
    Last edited by Silvanus; 04-24-2015 at 09:19 AM.

As well as Batman's belt and Kal El's cape that she apparently acquired.

ETA: XchaiX has a better detailed response.
    "I'm going to score this T-shirt and I am going to wear it because I want to"

The reason I was wondering if the Justice League pieces were from alternate versions is because she is supposed to have been multiverse hopping this whole time, hence Darkseid on her trail doing the same thing. Of course it is highly possible that she's just beaten the tar out of the Earth-0 League in that image and taken their stuff, lol.

Wonder if there's any reason as to why she doesn't have anything of Vic's.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member

With how "problematically" Johns has written WW over the years (she seems to be the one character that he just cannot "get" right), it's interesting to see him (seemingly) do something right here, at least so far (that could still change). And yes, the design looks cool and I hope that the explanation for the mother falling for freaking Darkseid of all people is a good one.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Maybe this is Johns taking a stab at making an arch-nemesis for Diana? It will probably fail like the rest, but I'm along for the ride. She'd make an interesting addition to the rogues gallery regardless. I'm kind of seeing some similar stuff when compared to the First Born, but I like Grail's name and design much better, and a new female villain is always nice to see.

I agree with this with the exception of this villain failing like some previous attempts at creating new Wonder Woman villains. Johns has a pretty solid track record when it comes to villains - old and new. If anyone can create a new Wonder Woman villain with staying power, it's Johns. I'm already more intrigued by Grail than Devastation, Genocide, and the First Born combined and Grail's design is far better than any of the other three as well. Granted, I probably won't ever prefer her to Cheetah but she's off to a solid start IMO.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Incredible Member

The reason I was wondering if the Justice League pieces were from alternate versions is because she is supposed to have been multiverse hopping this whole time, hence Darkseid on her trail doing the same thing. Of course it is highly possible that she's just beaten the tar out of the Earth-0 League in that image and taken their stuff, lol.
    That could very well be the case, but because she is wearing Jessica's power ring, it leaves me with the conclusion that all the item she has are from the main Earth league.

I like I like I can't wait for this war to start.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Eh... so I thought the daugther of Darkseid was Kaiyo.
    That might have been cool. I liked her in Batman Superman. I didn't really see her has evil.....just devious and mischievous.

I'm amazed nobody has complained about how "sexy" this Grail looks.

Her hair might be shaved on the other side of the part...that would be a different look.

Kaiyo was clearly supposed to be Darkseid's daughter, yep. Though whether or not the first Batman/Superman arc or Darkseid #1 concretely labeled her as such I cannot remember. Either way though obviously they changed their minds. This idea is better anyway.