Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

This explains how she is in JL 3000. Lois Lane was on a fast track to villainy! Villainy I say! Villainy!
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Well, we aren't Dealing with the OLD Lois lane and Superman anymore. Besides who knows how long it will take before Lois realizes the consequence of her actions.
    you arent talking about lois then she is friend of clark and has ethics.on journalism. if you eant a journalist.without ethics just choose cat grant.
    i hope this is a red herring, lois would never do this.

Wouldn't she? To me the answer is not so clear cut. Lois Lane is, quite possibly, the world's greatest reporter. Dedicated to exposing the truth. What is her responsibility in this matter? This is a Lois Lane who does not have romantic feelings affecting her judgment this time.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-24-2015 at 08:16 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

We need better comics

Well, there's not going to be any magical out to this. At least not any time soon. If that last panel is any indication, Lois's story now and for the near future will be dealing with the consequences of this just as much as Superman has to.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Well, few thoughts about this. If this is face value? Shame on absolutely everyone involved, done with the Superman line, the entire situation is non-debatably fucked beyond any--any--hope of repair. On the other hand, this seems like it could very well be the sort of "this seems like an insane character-destroying moment, but it's actually a hoax" type of thing comics have been trading in since day 1. Also, they already pulled this dumb twist in Future's End with her and 'Shazam'--as an in-character moment, which is wrong as hell all on its own--so they might not want to reuse it so soon. But even if she's mind-controlled, or it's an 'accident'? The character's still wrecked. She'll be effectively responsible for Superman's predicament because it's made it clear that one of the two most significant female characters in comics, who was married to him for years, not only can't be trusted with his secret, but will end his life as he knows it if she learns of it, because she'll either betray him immediately or screw it up entirely. I was so in for Truth, but unless it becomes clear right away that this is some kind of frame-up or misrepresentation--because if it's hung as a mystery, there's the understanding that her betraying him is within the realm of possibility, regardless of the actual outcome--I'm done, Pak and Yang be damned.

Oh, and now I've seen the update. Jesus Christ, this could not possibly look any worse.
    Buh-bye

That other page BC posted sure doesn't leave much room for a mystery. There's still the question of what compelled her to report it, but those panels make it very clear she does do it and of her own volition. The motivation in the moment is really all that's missing And I do think that's a big piece for my money at least, but in the end this isn't looking like a hoax. And I think its quite debatable and far from anything beyond repair.

Sorry to hear you're done though, that's always a shame to see a fan lost as a reader.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-24-2015 at 08:24 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Wouldn't she? To me the answer is not so clear cut. Lois Lane is, quite possibly, the world's greatest reporter. Dedicated to exposing the truth. What is her responsibility in this matter? This is a Lois Lane who does not have romantic feelings affecting her judgment this time.
    lois expose the truth, but if it does more harm than good she wont do it. she has romantic feelings, but she thons above it. i dont think u really know lois and her ethics on job

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    And then, there's a part of me that sees this as being a relatively in-character development for how she's been written in this continuity. Lois is supposed to be one of Clark's best friends, but we barely see them interact. They were close at one point (we know they almost hooked up before Lois started seeing that guy, whatshisname, John?) but since then, they've been drifting apart to the point we barely see Lois at all. There's not nearly as much emotional investment between them to ensure that Lois wouldnt act on the story. So if we take nostalgia and "the way things always were" out of the equation.....this is something I can see this version of Lois doing.
    Well, whatever connection Lois has with Superman aside, she has always been more of a "truth first" type of person (in fact, I was reading two days ago a comic from the "Luthor electoral days", where she outright describes herself as this and talks about she tends tends to have a "publish everything and let the reader decide" type of mentality). So I can see her at the very least consider it. Actually doing it, however...
    What I find weird, in retrospect, is that the first time we heard about Lois Lane exposing Clark, it was from a sollicit where it was put as a question. "Has Lois Lane betrayed Superman with the truth?". Why a question? I mean, if she did expose him in an article, then it would be a known fact. So, what gives? Is it, like, she might have been framed? Or somehow she will make an argument about how exposing the "truth" is actually helping him, and not betraying him? Is it just a silly sollicit playing coy until the actual reveal?
    ...I have no idea.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    lois expose the truth, but if it does more harm than good she wont do it. she has romantic feelings, but she thons above it. i dont think u really know lois and her ethics on job
    Again, that's still a question. Will it do more harm. Is there a potential good or resolution she sees in the moment that forces her hand? What she's thinking and what's going on as she does it, to me that's still key.

And you know what? I really don't know this version of Lois Lane. No one does. She hasn't been explored much. What I do know though is that this is indeed a different incarnation of the character, and the room for different nuances to her are open.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-24-2015 at 08:31 AM.

So. Just seen the other panel.
    Yeah, looks like they're not going to be friends in the close future.
    On the other hand...."I should have looked for another way"? Another way to do what?
    Last edited by Auguste Dupin; 04-24-2015 at 08:30 AM.

Yeah, it definitely reads as if releasing this information served some other purpose, that it wasn't some sort of tabloid attention grab. Which is really all I'm looking for here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah, it definitely reads as if releasing this information served some other purpose, that it wasn't some sort of tabloid attention grab. Which is really all I'm looking for here.
    Well, at the very least, there is something else going on here. Wether or not it justifies, or at the very least explain what she did remain to be seen.

Mmm-hmm.

Passive-aggressive, scruffy Clark is probably hurtful for her. But I would recommend she run is she catches a glimpse of a gold tiara.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

"You look like crap, Clark!" LOL, way too meta.

I knew where they were going with the solicit, and it sucks, but oh well. At this point I would rather them try and fail with all of this than try to lie and backpedal due to reaction or something.