Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Newsarama's advance review of Superman's FCBD 8-page story: http://www.newsarama.com/24331-best-...special-1.html

"For my money, the biggest shock has to be Gene Luen Yang's Superman, as DC aims to continue the momentum established by writers like Geoff Johns and Greg Pak. Teaming up with John Romita, Jr., Yang doesn't waste any time completely upending Superman's status quo - there's going to be a lot of Internet debate going on after this one, but for the first time in who knows how long, DC has been able to give Superman a credible threat. (Not to mention some very interesting new entanglements with a long-time member of Superman's supporting cast.)

Granted, some critics may see Superman's new temperament and vagabond tendencies to be a little too similar to J. Michael Stracznyski's poorly received "Grounded" storyline - and admittedly, John Romita Jr.'s short-haired, stubble-wearing design might not help improve that perception - but if Yang and company have the ideas to back up their audacious premise, we might be seeing a dangerous new era for the Man of Steel."

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Newsarama's advance review of Superman's FCBD 8-page story: http://www.newsarama.com/24331-best-...special-1.html

"For my money, the biggest shock has to be Gene Luen Yang's Superman, as DC aims to continue the momentum established by writers like Geoff Johns and Greg Pak. Teaming up with John Romita, Jr., Yang doesn't waste any time completely upending Superman's status quo - there's going to be a lot of Internet debate going on after this one, but for the first time in who knows how long, DC has been able to give Superman a credible threat. (Not to mention some very interesting new entanglements with a long-time member of Superman's supporting cast.)

Granted, some critics may see Superman's new temperament and vagabond tendencies to be a little too similar to J. Michael Stracznyski's poorly received "Grounded" storyline - and admittedly, John Romita Jr.'s short-haired, stubble-wearing design might not help improve that perception - but if Yang and company have the ideas to back up their audacious premise, we might be seeing a dangerous new era for the Man of Steel."
    So....So far so good, then, I guess (although I suppose it's hard to really judge from a 8 page teaser, I suppose).
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.