Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    They could specifically target anyone from the Daily Planet before, considering the link between the entire paper and Superman. So to me there still is no substantial cost there. The question to me is what is to gain by the truth being revealed. And that's something I look forward to seeing Lois's POV of and finding out.
    Villains may have targeted the Planet before, but now they have even more motive because they would know the place and the people in it are even more precious to Superman. Toyman and Prankster, for example, specifically targeted the Planet and its staff in Moore's Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? because they knew Clark Kent was Superman. In other words, the truth gives villains more reason to target the Planet and people like Lana Lang.

Splitting hairs. She did reveal a secret identity. Masked Superman was a secret identity of Billy/Shazam.
    It's not splitting hairs. You're the one trying to fit a round peg into a square hole. Lois did not reveal anyone's civilian identity, and she certainly didn't reveal that Clark Kent was Superman. There is zero precedent for Lois Lane revealing the civilian identity of a superhero or the civilian identity of her best friend.

This gives no more reason for Lana Lang to be a target than being the girlfriend of Steel does. At least, there's no indication that their relationship is in any way a secret. The Planet, okay there's potential extra harm there. So still not a deal-breaker to me till I find out what's going on in Lois's head in the story when she breaks this. But in the end, that's me. I can see why others might have no interest in exploring this at all and I get it.

And as for the Futures End thing...you're making a big deal out of nothing. All I said was that its reasonable to think of Futures End when thinking of this, as some already have. Why you're getting so defensive over this is beyond me, sheesh.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-24-2015 at 10:08 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Will read the reason why she did it first, then complain about it later.

She outed one guy there. She outs Superman here. Exact same circumstances, no. Same idea, yes. Its no big deal, its just reasonable to think Futures End when you think of this. Don't get why you're making such a big deal about it.
    Nope, not the same circumstances. She outed Shazam as Superman not Billy Batson as Superman. She also did it because she had faith and respect for Superman, so the precedent would be that she is very protective of Superman. Lois Lane's reveal of Shazam as Superman wouldn't ruin anyone's private life, and it's a reveal of another superhero (one whom she doesn't have the same respect for and relationship with). So I'm making a big deal out of it because it is a poor comparison dragged out to validate this new out of character direction for Lois as actually in character. It's not a fitting comparison. The circumstances, the relationship to the object of the secret reveal, and the truth being revealed are all different. Your comparison and your defense of this poor treatment of Lois do not work.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I must agree with misslane. Lois has NEVER been shortsighted enough to think that no harm would come of exposing a hero's identity. Heck, she simply tends to refuse to do so because she doesn't believe that it's her secret to tell.

Pre-Flashpoint, Lois was trusted and respected among the other heroes. Many of them knew Lois knew who they were. They didn't mind because they knew she could be trusted with their secrets. This story completely shoots that concept in the head. From this day forward, any hero who learns that Lois knows who he/she is will have every reason in the world to be VERY worried.

Lois' good reputation was one of her greatest attributes. Now? That reputation is gone until and unless something can be done to undo what Lois has done here.
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 04-24-2015 at 10:12 AM.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    Your comparison and your defense of this poor treatment of Lois do not work.
    Now you're just looking for a fight. Nowhere did I say I was using this as some sort of defense or validation. In fact I specifically pointed out I wasn't validating what she's going to do yet. I'm waiting for the story to judge. I couldn't have made that any clearer. You just took a small separate little harmless tangent and are now using it to jump on me because you're mad. Take your aggression out on the story, but leave me out of it.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-24-2015 at 10:15 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

I am kind of confused. Did Jimmy tell Lois then?
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Now I see you're just looking for an argument, so I'm done here. Nowhere did I say I was using this as some sort of defense or validation. In fact I specifically pointed out I wasn't validating what she's going to do yet. If you're upset at this development fine, but don't start pretending I said stuff I didn't just so you can take your anger out on me.
    Someone made the comparison to suggest it was in character for Lois to betray Superman. You said their comparison to JL 3000 didn't work but FE was "apt," which absolutely suggests you were agreeing with the comparison the other poster made and with the intent of that comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    This explains how she is in JL 3000. Lois Lane was on a fast track to villainy! Villainy I say! Villainy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Angel View Post
    Nice shout out very true
    JL 3000/1 is a different reality though. But the Futures End comparison is definitely apt.

BANNED

It's official, DC finally killed Lois Lane's character. They finally did the impossible.

Because this would be something I expect from Silver Age Lois Lane and not modern day Lois Lane.

It's going to take something BIG for her to realize the consequences of her actions.

Yes I did. And I do feel its apt. I can understand where a loose comparison would come from from one story where Lois reveals an identity and another where she's about to reveal an identity. Nowhere did I say its the exact same situation in its entirety. Its a small thing which you're blowing out of proportion and and putting words in my mouth so you can argue. Just noting that has absolutely NOTHING to do with validating or not what she's going to do in this other story. This is the last time I'll say it; I'm not validating what she's about to do until I read the story. Then maybe I will. Or maybe I won't. Until then stop accusing me of something I never said.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-24-2015 at 10:21 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    It does seem like Lois regrets what she has done. But what caused her to do all this?
    Does she really regret her actions, because I don't think and see that she does regret it.

Yeah, she does. Which begs the question why she does it in the first place, but in that last panel that was posted at BC, her regret looks genuine.

Yes I did. And I do feel its apt. I can understand where a loose comparison would come from from one story where an identity is outed and another where an identity is outed. Which means absolutely nothing in regards to validating what she's going to do in this other story. Thus you accused me of something I didn't say. Move on.
    The person you were responding to by saying it's "apt" brought up their JL 3000 comparison as a way to rationalize how Lois' behavior in this new story line makes sense. If your chiming in with what you felt was a better comparison by saying Futures End was "apt" was not intended as commentary on the current story line, then fine, but that wasn't clear in your initial statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I must agree with misslane. Lois has NEVER been shortsighted enough to think that no harm would come of exposing a hero's identity. Heck, she simply tends to refuse to do so because she doesn't believe that it's her secret to tell.
    I have no idea how this story would turn out, but here are two scenarios that I could accept:

1) Lois had an idea that Superman was hiding something, so she followed it. In her investigation, she learned that Superman was hiding his secret ID. Lois decided that the info had to be buried, so she thought she destroyed/secured it. However, some bad seed was tracking Lois, stole her findings, and submitted the story in her name. So, everyone blames/credits Lois for the reveal.

2) Clark Kent was practicing his usual shady journalism, saying stuff like "Superman says," or "Superman did." I think at that point it's somebody's responsibility to bust Superman for reporting about himself without disclosing that he's reporting about himself.

Again, I have no idea, and I'm inclined to think this is a silly plot point.

EDIT: And it appears this post is now invalid.

EDIT 2: Maybe invalid. I dunno.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 04-24-2015 at 10:31 AM.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Does she really regret her actions, because I don't think and see that she does regret it.
    Considering that she came all her way to his appartement just to apologize.....most likely, yeah.
    I will also further emphasize my belief that her "I should have found another way" indicates a very specific situation as of yet unknown that explains her actions.
    It's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.