Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah, she does. Which begs the question why she does it in the first place, but in that last panel that was posted at BC, her regret looks genuine.
    However, in the third to last panel, it felt like she doesn't realize the cost of her mistake. That's why I don't believe it. Plus, that regret could be a tone of shock that she couldn't believe that Clark would slam the door on her like that.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    The person you were responding to by saying it's "apt" brought up their JL 3000 comparison as a way to rationalize how Lois' behavior in this new story line makes sense. If your chiming in with what you felt was a better comparison by saying Futures End was "apt" was not intended as commentary on the current story line, then fine, but that wasn't clear in your initial statements.
    I specifically said that JL 3000/1 was meaningless. One thing had nothing to do with another.

My posts were clear enough. Pay better attention instead of just looking to attack.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-24-2015 at 10:32 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    This dc telling fans: "You want superman and lois back together? TO BAD. Your stuck with superman and wonder woman" Crap like this why I quit dc comics and why more and more I understand people quitting reading comics.
    yeah, no more promoting DC comics on twitter or tumblr for me. I really tired of editorial fdoign whatever they want

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Considering that she came all her way to his appartement just to apologize.....most likely, yeah.
    I will also further emphasize my belief that her "I should have found another way" indicates a very specific situation as of yet unknown that explains her actions.
    It's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Yes to explain herself, but I truly don't think she realize the majority cost of her actions yet. I mean I rather see her crying and admitting her mistake than what we have been given.

While it may sound degrading, it would also show that she truly is sorry for what she has done.

Actions are one thing, but word are another. Also it takes some forceful feelings to admit she was wrong.

This seems like a strange and potentially damaging thing to do to the Lois/Clark relationship in light of the fact that the movie franchise seems to be putting them together. I would have expected a more gradual turn towards bringing them together in the comics to match up with an audience's expectations from the movies (or pop culture in general).

Seeing that second panel, I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around Lois' decision here. She clearly respects both Clark and Superman, as we've seen in earlier comics. She's stood up for both of his identities and said she respects him as a reporter. If someone is your best friend and you genuinely feel their work means something, why would you take that away? I'll check it out and see what the story is. If it ends up that Lois just decided to out Superman, I may be out for the long term. If there is some other reason, I'll see how it holds up. Though I'm not happy about the whole thing. Granted, they probably wanted to cause an outrage so that people would buy the book to see what's happening, like the industry tends to do.

Lois should probably steer clear of Wonder Woman too.

I tell you man DC and marvel are just rustling the jimmies of fans hard this year. They made iceman gay now this I must say it will give a lot of publicity and let's be real hate this or not we know most of us will buy this crossover to see why she did so.

At least she isn't commiting genocide like a certain other loved character so this isn't too bad.

I really never understood why so many were anticipating strong syncing with the movies anyway. It never has been DC's thing. And with MOS being the definitive start of their movieverse, if they had strong plans of synchronization, I would have imagined seeing such seeds being laid in the Superman mythos there. But we didn't get anything other than a return of Faora with a similar appearance from the movie. So there's really been nothing to suggest matching up the movieverse ot the comics in the first place. And if anything this direction rather sends a stronger message to not expect it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Yes to explain herself, but I truly don't think she realize the majority cost of her actions yet. I mean I rather see her crying and admitting her mistake than what we have been given.

While it may sound degrading, it would also show that she truly is sorry for what she has done.

Actions are one thing, but word are another. Also it takes some forceful feelings to admit she was wrong.
    Seems to me that she's starting to. I mean, she mentions some event that happened in the morning involving Superman/Clark and pretty much says that's why she came to apologize.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well.

Just saw the second page. So we can rule out most forms of "personality interference" like mind control, except for the most subtle of forms where the victim doesnt even realize that they're having their personality profile's altered. Psycho Pirate was capable of doing things like that, though he lacked the subtlety to really make efficient use of the skill. And we know the Pirate has a pretty big mad-on for Clark, knows his secrets, and Lois was deeply involved in that story. Just food for thought.

But that was always an outside option in my mind anyway.

If nothing else, this should be interesting; how does Lois react to learning who Superman is when there's no romantic feelings clouding her judgement? I guess we have the answer.

And yes blacksun, Lois is an ethical reporter. Which means that she values the truth above all else and she'd likely take an excessive amount of offense to an alien with god-like super powers pretending to be something he's not, lying to his friends, putting them all in danger with his presence, and especially using his position as a reporter to spin and affect the truth about his real self. We've all talked quite a bit lately here about how unethical it is for Clark Kent to write stories about Superman. This *might* be what that sort of behavior brings. Is Lois wrong for what she's done? Clark Kent has lied to her and everyone else for years about who and what he really is. He's used his job to write articles about himself, which is a huge, massive break of ethics, and we can assume those articles painted Superman's actions in a positive light. And its not like Lois has stopped Clark from being Superman and saving lives. She doesnt appear to see him as some sort of villain. She's merely doing her job (for once).

I dont like where this is seems to be headed, but the Superman books have earned the benefit of the doubt in my mind. I'm game to see how it plays out, despite my reservations.
    Man, you aren't describing lois. She is not petty, she did this on all star superman? No. and she had much better reasons than lois now.
    Lois would investigate and would see he is not pretending to be someone he is not: he was raised as clark kent. he is CK.
    Revealing his secret she puts everyone who has a close relationship in danger, that is not the prime excuse used for the reason Lois shouldn't date superman?

Lois would talk with clark kent before, even if he was not ethic and lied about it to manny people. he deserved the benefit of doubt. you are just painting her in a very bad light, she is not lex Luthor. hard to understand?

also journalism seek the truth, but look to the consequences too:
    Bobbie Foster @B_Fost135 · 4 h Há 4 horas
    @CertainshadesL Seek Truth, Minimize Harm. Journalists first priority. Sorry, the mistreatment of Lois Lane makes me angry.

Quote Originally Posted by manduck37 View Post
    This seems like a strange and potentially damaging thing to do to the Lois/Clark relationship in light of the fact that the movie franchise seems to be putting them together. I would have expected a more gradual turn towards bringing them together in the comics to match up with an audience's expectations from the movies (or pop culture in general).

Seeing that second panel, I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around Lois' decision here. She clearly respects both Clark and Superman, as we've seen in earlier comics. She's stood up for both of his identities and said she respects him as a reporter. If someone is your best friend and you genuinely feel their work means something, why would you take that away? I'll check it out and see what the story is. If it ends up that Lois just decided to out Superman, I may be out for the long term. If there is some other reason, I'll see how it holds up. Though I'm not happy about the whole thing. Granted, they probably wanted to cause an outrage so that people would buy the book to see what's happening, like the industry tends to do.

Lois should probably steer clear of Wonder Woman too.
    Why Diana wouldn't kill her yea she would be disappointed but she shouldn't be out for Lois' blood.

I would bet Kara would be quite upset too but who knows even where she is after Convergence. She doesn't really "get" the whole dual identity thing but I wouldn't imagine her being very happy seeing her cousin hurt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Seems to me that she's starting to. I mean, she mentions some event that happened in the morning involving Superman/Clark and pretty much says that's why she came to apologize.
    The word I was looking for was Sincerity as in Lois wasn't sincere with her apology.

I really never understood why so many were anticipating strong syncing with the movies anyway. It never has been DC's thing. And with MOS being the definitive start of their movieverse, if they had strong plans of synchronization, I would have imagined seeing such seeds being laid in the Superman mythos there. But we didn't get anything other than a return of Faora with a similar appearance from the movie. So there's really been nothing to suggest matching up the movieverse ot the comics in the first place. And if anything this direction rather sends a stronger message to not expect it.
    I don't think anyone expects significant synchronization, but there should at least be some sort of baseline idea of who a character is and what he or she represents in a Superman story. Just like there are several interpretations of Superman with consistent core traits that link them together, there should be a consistent core characterization for Lois Lane. For more than half of her existence in comics, Lois Lane has been portrayed as a journalist and a friend who would not expose Clark's secret. She's been willing to go to prison and to die for him to keep that identity private. Outside a few Silver Age comics, there is no precedent for this kind of characterization. So, no, I don't want or expect the film universe to match the comic universe, but I also don't think it's too much to ask that there be some consistency when it comes to core characterization.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    The word I was looking for was Sincerity as in Lois wasn't sincere with her apology.
    How do you know that?
    I mean, she might not be crying (but Lois isn't the crying type), but she doesn't seem well, either.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

I wouldn't expect a strong or total synchronization, just some of the bigger elements. Bringing movie elements into the comics isn't totally outside WB/DC's past behaviors. Look at the Donner elements that ended up in Superman comics. I believe there were even some Batman '89 elements that made it into Batman comics. While it's not the big screen, lots of elements of Arrow have bled into Green Arrow. So mixing media and synchronization aren't totally off base. Even Marvel doesn't totally snyc up their comics with their movies, but elements do make it in.