Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Hatestorm View Post
    Orion never looked much like his father.

You must be overlooking the grey skin and red eyes, too.
    What we normally see isn't Orion's true face. When he gets angry and loses control we see what he really looks like. The Mother Box works overtime to help keep his rage in check. He actually looks a lot like Darkseid with the red eyes and prominent brow.

Gritty & Realistic Member Hatestorm's Avatar

So like Grail, Orion does share one or two physical attributes with Darkseid.

I never knew that about Orion.

I feel really stupid for asking, but in the first post what issue are those 3 images from? I don't remember seeing them, especially the last picture.

Quote Originally Posted by ultradav View Post
    Of course she's "hot". So predictable.
    When the new 52 launched did you see Superman say "of course he's got big muscles. So predictable lol.
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.

Quote Originally Posted by toddx77 View Post
    I feel really stupid for asking, but in the first post what issue are those 3 images from? I don't remember seeing them, especially the last picture.

When the new 52 launched did you see Superman say "of course he's got big muscles. So predictable lol.
    Pretty sure it's from the Free Comic Book Day comic.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by toddx77 View Post
    I think it's more of an unspoken rule that all villainesses must be hot. The only note-worthy exception coming to mind is Granny Goodness.

Maybe they did not want Grail to look like Bernadeth :
    http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...adeth_0001.jpg
    People who cosplay Bernadeth are probably prettier than the comics Bernadeth.

What's she gonna do? Go after Superman or something? That's what Darseid was doing.

Incredible Member

I get a feeling it was always sorta implied that Darkseid, like a lot of typical Gods, has a lot of spawn through the cosmos.
    So from what we know so far, Darkseid's children are Orion, Kalibak, Grayven, the Spawn of Apokolips and Grail.
    Would't surprise me if there are more, either.

My biggest problem with this is a problem I've had with most New 52 New God redesigns. They don't have much of a Kirby feel to them. They just look kind of generic or try too hard to be "modern". The New Gods more than any other of Kirby's characters should retain some of his trademark style. Things like the Kirby Circuitry and "cosmic" weapons and headgear.

Yeah she's part Amazon but they really should have tried harder to combine the looks.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Title of thread:

Everytime I see Darkseid's Daughter I get the giggles. I mean, just imagine how the title might have come into being: Darkseid years earlier with a twinkle in his eye (and I don't mean omega beams unless it was to knock down the door) sweeping some Fury off her feet and heading towards the Honeymoon suite. Then the baby. Darkseid cooing over a baby in a flame-proofed dark metal bassinet. Someone must draw these things! Is Scottie Young available?
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

So I know Orion resembling Darkseid without his mask or when angry has already been established in Earth-0, but has it ever been outright said that he's still Darkseid's son?

My biggest curiosities with Grail:

- The events that led up to her conception, and why Darkseid chose to conceive with an amazon and vice-versa.

- Whether she was conceived from the Amazons of Earth-0.

- How she got all that League memorabilia.

- And shouldn't she be in ARGUS custody?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So I know Orion resembling Darkseid without his mask or when angry has already been established in Earth-0, but has it ever been outright said that he's still Darkseid's son?

My biggest curiosities with Grail:

- The events that led up to her conception, and why Darkseid chose to conceive with an amazon and vice-versa.

- Whether she was conceived from the Amazons of Earth-0.

- How she got all that League memorabilia.

- And shouldn't she be in ARGUS custody?
    I'm guessing it was part of Darkseid's plan to eventually crush the Greek pantheon. We've see him try to take them out before. If his bloodline is now there to poison the Amazons the next step would be their gods.

It was shown that she escaped in (I think) the short lived Vibe book.
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-26-2015 at 09:17 PM.

Maybe Grail is the god of pickpockets. Swiper no swiping.