Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Wolverine and the X-men V2 #4 Spoilers/Discussion

It's time for a return to our favorite strangest heroes, Wolverine and the X-men, and let me just say this new arc by Jason Latour is actually pretty good. If you haven't been following here's what is going on, the Phoenix Corporation has mysteriously appeared wanting to manipulate Quentin Quire who is supposed to become the Phoenix in the future, or at least one of them, while at the same time trying to kill Evan/Genesis who will one day apparently become apocalypse. So when the going gets tough Quentin goes to the one person he can turn to, Cyclops?

We find Quentin in an illusion where he thinks he is destroying the New Xavier school and beating the all-new X-men, where he eventually kills Cyclops(05 Version) and then makes out with Jean Grey. So in other words Quentin has the same dream as Wolverine. But just like Logan's dream Cyclops(adult version) doesn't want any of that and wakes him up. We then find out Quentin is there for sanctuary from the Phoenix Corporation, and he wants Cyclops advice, since he has been both the Phoenix and Apocalypse(didn't know about this one).

Other events going on is Faithful John still attacking the school to get at Evan, Storm and Logan kissing(a lot of kissing going on in this), Storm off to save the day as she is the only one strong enough to stop John, with Logan staying behind to deal with Younge and the Phoenix Corporation.

Overall, Latour's first arc has been both really serious but also really humorous, especially when were seeing Quentin's illusion. Mahmud Asrar as always has some exciting and vibrant art and I'm really glad he's at Marvel. I'm also glad to see other X-men teams appear in this title, I really like those characters and teams and when it comes to a story involving the Phoenix(which there are way to many) it's nice to see the other x-men are involved.

Can't wait for next issue.

why retcon cyclops to be possesed just by a shadow of apocalypse, it didn't made sense, it was just to say he could free himself because it was not really apocalypse?, and why do we have the phoenix gun again, just forget about that already.

Quote Originally Posted by keeper444 View Post
    why retcon cyclops to be possesed just by a shadow of apocalypse, it didn't made sense, it was just to say he could free himself because it was not really apocalypse?, and why do we have the phoenix gun again, just forget about that already.
    I think he meant that Apocalypse was a shadow of himself at that time because he was weakened, not that it was like the sword or the gun which contains an echo of the Phoenix, it was just weakened (that's why he needed the new body after all) IMO the "need" of saying that is because the way they have been treating Apocalypse this last few years, and giving a (bad) explanation of why he could get away, when they have been treating him as something as strong as the Phoenix

I'm still trying to figure out what's up with Idie's current look. Still not explained why she looks like that.

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    I think he meant that Apocalypse was a shadow of himself at that time because he was weakened, not that it was like the sword or the gun which contains an echo of the Phoenix, it was just weakened (that's why he needed the new body after all) IMO the "need" of saying that is because the way they have been treating Apocalypse this last few years, and giving a (bad) explanation of why he could get away, when they have been treating him as something as strong as the Phoenix
    thanks I will go with your explanation it makes sense, but the phoenix gun and the sword are just bad. I don't get why they are trying so hard to sell us qq as the next phoenix, a lot of the x-man fans hate him and I don't see him gaining a lot of popularity anytime soon.

This issue was OK. had some funny dialogue. But WAY too much QQ for my liking.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    This issue was OK. had some funny dialogue. But WAY too much QQ for my liking.
    agreed.
    too much QQ, and not enough Titanfall Armor.
    WolverineandtheX-Men2014-004-013_zpseea87c46.jpg
    Arsar continues his Ultimate X-men tradition of making Hisako's armor more awesome every time he draws it.
    Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 05-22-2014 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    agreed.
    too much QQ, and not enough Titanfall Armor.
    WolverineandtheX-Men2014-004-013_zpseea87c46.jpg
    Arsar continues his Ultimate X-men tradition of making Hisako's armor more awesome every time he draws it.
    Needed more Rockslide/Kaneda and Hellion/Tetsuo
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Quentin is there for sanctuary from the Phoenix Corporation, and he wants Cyclops advice, since he has been both the Phoenix and Apocalypse(didn't know about this one).

Aaaaaaah but not you know Rachel who was the Phoenix for a lot longer than Cyclops, created the Askani and fought Apocalypse.

Great art though!
    Last edited by Daithi; 05-22-2014 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    Aaaaaaah but not you know Rachel who was the Phoenix for a lot longer than Cyclops, created the Askani and fought Apocalypse.

Great art though!
    Well, she wasn't possessed by Apocalypse, so she knows less than Scott in that matter, Scott is the one that knows Apocalypse the best, even in Uncanny Avengers Havok says that they should ask his help since "No one knows more about this than he would" but of course Logan refuses to call for his help, and that book has been trashing almost anything X-men related and has been trowing trash to Scott since the beginning.

ya know my first intro to the Askani sisterhood was a bunch of trading cards with a bad ass red headed woman (Rachel?) carrying lil baby cable in his see through bubble, i figured it was a pretty bad ass group of chicks, calling them or anything associated with them 'sexy nun' and a phoenix gun, or sword, 2 douchey men being in charge just sucks....really sucks

Fantastic Member

Well, she wasn't possessed by Apocalypse, so she knows less than Scott in that matter, Scott is the one that knows Apocalypse the best, even in Uncanny Avengers Havok says that they should ask his help since "No one knows more about this than he would" but of course Logan refuses to call for his help, and that book has been trashing almost anything X-men related and has been trowing trash to Scott since the beginning.
    Being possessed by something doesn't mean you know it. Even at that she still was the Phoenix and created the Askani so it is crazy no one is asking her.

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    Being possessed by something doesn't mean you know it. Even at that she still was the Phoenix and created the Askani so it is crazy no one is asking her.
    Being possessed by something that is actively trying to turn you into himself and it also talks to you does give you way more knowledge than trying to kill it (btw Scott was an important part of the Askani (the clan rebellion to be more specific) and he was a key player in Apocalypse death, Rachel is nowhere near close to the knowledge Scott has on Apocalypse, on the Phoenix she knows way more, and the only reason they are asking Scott is because AvX happened a year ago and Rachel hasn't have the Phoenix since a long time, so new reader wouldn't recognize her as the Phoenix, and maybe because Rachel experience is mostly positive while Scott is negative, so more can be learned from that, but since Quire is a suitable host Scott's experiences with the Phoenix wouldn't have much use for him, he should go with Rachel to ask about that

I'm more interested in the potential problems. Armour is gonna have being forcefully removed from her armor

Fantastic Member

Being possessed by something that is actively trying to turn you into himself and it also talks to you does give you way more knowledge than trying to kill it (btw Scott was an important part of the Askani (the clan rebellion to be more specific)
    Scott wasn't part of the Askani. Even if he was his importance is nowhere compared to Rachel, Blaquesmith or Cable.

and he was a key player in Apocalypse death,
    No he wasn't. He just followed the plan Rachel/Mother Askani laid out. Nathan was always the key player.

Rachel is nowhere near close to the knowledge Scott has on Apocalypse, on the Phoenix she knows way more, and the only reason they are asking Scott is because AvX happened a year ago and Rachel hasn't have the Phoenix since a long time,
    Rachel had the Phoenix for over ten years plus had it in the space arc. Rachel is the only person who didn't go Dark Phoenix which is more relevant to Quire's questions.

so new reader wouldn't recognize her as the Phoenix, and maybe because Rachel experience is mostly positive while Scott is negative, so more can be learned from that, but since Quire is a suitable host Scott's experiences with the Phoenix wouldn't have much use for him, he should go with Rachel to ask about that
    This book is hardly new reader friendly. Anyway, leaving Rachel out of a book that involves the Phoenix and the Askani is really glaring, esp as she's a bloody teacher at the school.
    Last edited by Daithi; 05-22-2014 at 01:51 AM.