BANNED

Default What are your expectations when it comes to the MC-2 Universe getting involved in Secret Wars ?

Well, we finally got it. The MC-2 Universe will be involved in Secret Wars, but I do have one question for you all: What are your expectations for this event and for this world ?

I mean while we know that the story builds off from the events of Spider-verse, it will be written by the originators of the MC-2 Universe: Tom Defalco and Ron Frenz, a creative team that truly gets old school Marvel done well in a modern setting.

For me, I hope for Kaine and Darkdevil to have a moment and discuss Spider-verse and I also hope that the Fantastic Five make an appearance and send their condolences to Mary Jane and Family. I also hope for a good and reasonable storyline that is easy to understand despite the chaos that is Secret Wars.

How about all of you ?

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I'm expecting a lot of chaos, I wouldn't get hopes up regarding the Fantastic Five regarding Peter. I'd just expect the focus to be almost entirely to do with Secret Wars and not much else really. Sorry but my expectations aren't that high for MC-2 in this story as far as character moments are concerned.

I don't have any expectations. I have a single want:

Darkdevil! I want Darkdevil!

-Pav, who wants Darkdevil...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I don't have any expectations. I have a single want:

Darkdevil! I want Darkdevil!

-Pav, who wants Darkdevil...
    So....you want Darkdevil to die?

- John Ossie, who is only teasing by the way...

Spectacular Member

I'm shipping Mayday and Miles!

Hope Pym is going to be a major player. (Because she's in the Ant-Man movie. And MC2 is where she's originally from.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rajikaru View Post
    I'm shipping Mayday and Miles!
    That'd be cool but kinda weird for me. Don't know why maybe it's just that he's been with Kate Bishop in the Ultimate Universe LOL.

That this story is not what it could have been if DeFalco & Frenz had to wrestle with Slott's...contributions. Now sure, apparently Spider-Verse is what got them this in the first place, but I daresay the story will be objectively worse than what it could have been due to the damage done to the line's flagship character. I'm sure they'll do their best, but still they've kind of been unfairly hobbled for reasons that really aren't that clear to me.

I mean the only plus side for this (and it's almost certainly the last MC2 story) is the introduction of Uncle Ben as the audience surrogate for exposition purposes. Which could have been regardless of all the other crap that got piled on in Spider-Verse. It's not like Bendis got this kind of interference for Ultimate End.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Hope Pym is going to be a major player. (Because she's in the Ant-Man movie. And MC2 is where she's originally from.)
    I totally did not recall that Hope Pym appeared in MC2. But then, I'm not sure I own anything with the Red Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    I daresay the story will be objectively worse than what it could have been due to the damage done to the line's flagship character.
    Problems with this statement:

1. You have no evidence of what "could have been" because that "alternate story" doesn't exist for comparison's sake. It could've been horrible, hypothetically.
    2. To claim that one text/artwork is "objectively worse" than another is infinitely problematic because you're comparing things that rely on pervasively subjective opinions, analysis, and evaluation.
    3. You've decided to form opinions about something before experiencing it.

-Pav, who still thinks looking at the bright side is a better action to take...

PS: I want Darkdevil!
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.

--------------------

Astonishing Member

I don't know how MC2 will work during the Secret Wars, but after that, I strongly support that this should be one of the dimensions that have to survive the events. I would say that it has to survive with the less changes possible; not because I like it just like it is, but because it can be as the "living legacy" of the original Marvel Universe, right before Secret Wars. They always sayd that MC2 is like the "natural progression" of Earth-616; therefore, it should survive as a memorial to the original Earth-616.

As I mentioned before in another thread, this reality could become the new home for several characters from other realities that have been destroyed. Just like the "Spider-Uncle Ben" that appeared back in "Spider-Verse". You can see my list of potential survivors here:
    http://community.comicbookresources....er-Secret-Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Problems with this statement:

1. You have no evidence of what "could have been" because that "alternate story" doesn't exist for comparison's sake. It could've been horrible, hypothetically.
    2. To claim that one text/artwork is "objectively worse" than another is infinitely problematic because you're comparing things that rely on pervasively subjective opinions, analysis, and evaluation.
    3. You've decided to form opinions about something before experiencing it.

-Pav, who still thinks looking at the bright side is a better action to take...

PS: I want Darkdevil!
    1. Except that story would not have the writers stuck cleaning up the mess of another writer that had stripped away a lot of the tenets of Spider-Girl's character, something they themselves did not want to do. This is something that happened. So yes, that story could be worse than the one we're getting. But it's far more likely it wouldn't be. I could hypothetically get hit by a freak lightning strike on a clear sunny day, but it's far more likely (considering what we know about meteorology) I'd be perfectly fine.
    2. Don't be that guy who devolves into arguing over semantics.
    3. Um, yes? The thread title is asking for people's expectations? Isn't the definition of what expectations are?

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    1. Except that story would not have the writers stuck cleaning up the mess of another writer that had stripped away a lot of the tenets of Spider-Girl's character, something they themselves did not want to do. This is something that happened. So yes, that story could be worse than the one we're getting. But it's far more likely it wouldn't be. I could hypothetically get hit by a freak lightning strike on a clear sunny day, but it's far more likely (considering what we know about meteorology) I'd be perfectly fine.
    2. Don't be that guy who devolves into arguing over semantics.
    3. Um, yes? The thread title is asking for people's expectations? Isn't the definition of what expectations are?
    Sure, I suppose so.

I hope you like the MC2 stories we get out of Secret Wars.

-Pav, who just wants to see Darkdevil...

--------------------

Amazing Member

I'm wondering if we'll see collected editions as a result of this new material? Perhaps a trade paperback or two? I'd love a Spider-Girl or A-Next trade. Beyond the digest format, we've not had much in the way of collected editions. Beyond that, I'm itching to see the ol' MC2 gang again. Stinger, American Dream, Darkdevil, Bluestreak, J2, Doc Magus, Ladyhawk and Ladyhawk, the Fantastic Five, the X-People, The Buzz, the list goes on. I hope to see them all!