Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    The thing is DKR's Batman is extremely limited, once you've gotten through the "coming out of retirement" story and he's actively fighting crime again theres really not much else you can do with him. He's an old veteran, he's seem everything and he's done everything. It's why DKSA wasn't very good, Miller couldn't figure out what to do with his Batman, so he ended up doing some weird story about Batman leading and international rebellion. Theres nothing more you can do with DKR Batman.
    DKR even ended with Bruce leaving his Batman persona behind and preparing to lead his army from the rear. Miller going back on that and putting Bruce back in the costume was one of the more disappointing elements of DKSA.
    Miller was right.

Given that this is basically a charity project on DC's part, giving money to a creator (Miller) who is allegedly very ill, I can't get too upset by it. Don't know that I'll buy it, but I won't criticize them for making it.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    you mean Denny O'neil?

Batman was a vengeful vigilante that acted like a jerk well before Miller got to him....

You are talking about 40 years ago.
    What's interesting is that O'Neill seems to have disagreed with Miller's approach, apparently seeing Miller's Batman as corrupted which he didn't perceive his Batman as being.

Its always funny seeing how many haters miller has I mean the man makes the most well known contributions to the Batman mythos period and now the fanboys just aren't here for him anymore.
    I'm surprised Azz is getting hate too he shows a very good grasp of how to write Batman in his Joker GN

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Its always funny seeing how many haters miller has I mean the man makes the most well known contributions to the Batman mythos period and now the fanboys just aren't here for him anymore.
    I'm surprised Azz is getting hate too he shows a very good grasp of how to write Batman in his Joker GN
    Honestly whenever I see a constant stream of hate for something like this, it makes me more interested.

I wonder if they are making this because of BvS?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    DKR even ended with Bruce leaving his Batman persona behind and preparing to lead his army from the rear. Miller going back on that and putting Bruce back in the costume was one of the more disappointing elements of DKSA.
    QFT

I love (most of) Year One as much as the next guy, and DKR was an interesting AU finale for Batman, but both DKSA and ASB&R were a horrible, terrible mess whose only (involuntary) positive contributions to the world were lulzy memes. And I won't even begin on Holy Terror...

Could be cool. I'll wait for more info before deciding if I'll purchase it ... Hopefully, we get to see the birth of Clark and Diana's new child (which they conceived in DKSA) ... it would be interesting to see what Lara is up to as well

DKR is my favourite comic ever. Was initially put off by DKSA but over time I have grown to love it. I'm one of those rare (if you go by internet rage) people who loved ASB&R. So what am I expecting from this? I'm not sure what the collaboration will bring, will it elevate they book or will it hamper it? I'd be way more excited if it was Just Frank writing it. I'll definitely be picking up a copy and look forward to reading it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    The original DARK KNIGHT RETURNS was one of those wonderfully self-contained stories that really didn't need and probably couldn't bear any sequels.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Totally agree with this. DK2 was terribly disappointing. And as far as it being the most influential comic? I think Watchmen holds that dubious honor, and after that the Kree-Skrull War from Roy Thomas.

I wonder if he's ever going to go back to ASB&R.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mooch View Post
    I wonder if he's ever going to go back to ASB&R.
    His role in that is long since done. It's up to Jim Lee to finish the art.
    Miller was right.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    What would an Azzarello job on Batman look like?

My guess is, by the end of the story he'll be an impoverished meth addict with Parkinson's whose rogues gallery consists of his guardian Alfred, and Gordon, his probation officer. The rest are his own hallucinations.
    He wrote the best episode in Gotham Knight so his got that going for him.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    The sheer negativity to just about everything on this site is laughable. Even that poll goes to prove it. Sorry guys but rebooting this forum just wasn't enough.

Azz & Miller on Batman? Azz will probably sort out some of the crazy stuff Miller usually does. Frank's getting old now and this is probably the last ever thing he'll do Batman-related, I'd like to see it.
    Yes, but I apply a sort of rule to these things: when you read a bunch of strong opinions about upcoming releases that invoke "common sense" and make direct insults to the creators, then it is highly likely that the exact opposite of the collective opinion is true.

When the first iPod was introduced, one popular site at the time said this about it without even actually physically using one: "No wireless. Less space than a Nomad. Lame." The collective opinion of the posting's thread was similar in tone. It's since gone on to become an internet meme that embodies a sort of cynical cluelessness of the sort that is common on CBR. It's a good lesson to remember.

Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    What would an Azzarello job on Batman look like?
    My guess is, by the end of the story he'll be an impoverished meth addict with Parkinson's whose rogues gallery consists of his guardian Alfred, and Gordon, his probation officer. The rest are his own hallucinations.

I don't know if you were taking your idea from this, but that was done way back in the 90's in Lengends of the Dark Knight.
    http://www.comicvine.com/batman-lege...-1/4000-36418/
    Last edited by Jack_Star; 04-24-2015 at 05:36 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by seanx40 View Post
    I'm not sure ANYONE is excited for this.

I also wonder if Miller is capable of working on something this big anymore. Or they are just using his name.
    Sorry anyone, but here`s one.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    I almost want to say that this is a self-parody.
    DKSA already had it. One of the layers was Miller bringing up the issue of the fad he helped shape decades ago. Moore has done the same on his own stuff.