Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Poll: What do you think of Frank Miller's return to "The Dark Knight?"

What do you think of Frank Miller's return to "The Dark Knight?"

With DC announcing Frank Miller is officially working on "The Dark Knight III: The Master Race" with writer Brian Azzarello, are you excited about the sequel?

Vote on the poll here.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

None of the options quite fit my thinking, but I'm not excited, not even much about learning more about it. I will learn more about it, but I don't expect that will help me be excited.

I love DKR to utter death. But DKSA & All-Star are utterly terrible IMHO.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

DKSA is fine. Lee's art was the problem with ASB&R, I think. It just didn't fit the tone of Miller's writing, and it ended up a huge mess as a result.

All-New Member

What if I like Miller and hate Azzerello?

Please keep Miller away from Batman. His day is over.

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

disappointed that there was no "meh" option
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    DKSA is fine. Lee's art was the problem with ASB&R, I think. It just didn't fit the tone of Miller's writing, and it ended up a huge mess as a result.
    ...the tone of writing like Batman calling a child who just lost his parents retarded, before mowing down cops and making him eat rats?

And that's not getting into the story going nowhere and the depictions of the Justice League... Not to mention they abandoned the whole All Star project because of it.

Honestly, no one works harder to destroy the goodwill and legacy of Frank Miller than Frank Miller. I understand it in the sense that he clearly has medical bills to pay and the last sin city movie was a bomb.

Astonishing Member

Never thought I'd see Godwin's Law in the first post of a thread.

Already sounds hilariously bad.

BANNED

I don't expect a lot but this is probably the last thing he'll ever say on Batman and I think it'll be more worth checking out than Gordon being a mecha-Batman.

Yah, I'll check it out. DKSA wasn't bad, just forgettable. This will probably be the same.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

wait so Azz is helping write and people are not excited?

I don't get this place sometimes.

What made the Dark Knight Returns such an epic story was that at the time it was the revitalization Batman needed. Don't think that's the case anymore, so I don't think too this story will hold up as well as DKR did. It is however, nice to get an elseworld story.

I'm putting my faith in Azz's influence as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    I don't expect a lot but this is probably the last thing he'll ever say on Batman and I think it'll be more worth checking out than Gordon being a mecha-Batman.
    .....Excuse you.....

I... don't know how to feel about this, but I'm sure there will be a bazillion articles about DK3 between now and when it finally comes out, so I have some time...