Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Default This is what the new movie Joker looks like, and we're all going to have to learn to live with that

Courtesy of http://comicbook.com/2015/04/25/offi...suicide-squad/

To be fair, he WOULD need those teeth after the number of times Batman's punched him in the face. And the tattoos are obviously following in the "I love my city only when she cries" tradition of the universally beloved ASBAR take on the character. Another #bold #visionary move on the part of the DC Cinematic Universe, says I.
    Buh-bye

Well, it's not like I was gonna see the Suicide Squad movie anyways.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Uh well then.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

I...don't know how I feel about this.

Astonishing Member

Oh hey, Marilyn Manson.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Reminds me of a jugallo (sp?)

BANNED

Looks awesome. Leto's a terrific actor and he'll probably do a great job at making the Joker seem fun and badass. I think it fits perfectly with David Ayer's film style and I think it works for what he's going for with this film. It's going to be an edgy, fun, action packed movie and this Joker looks like he fits in that type of movie.

Extraordinary Member

I like it.

You've got perma-white, green haired, red-lipped Joker, and you've got some unique alterations for a new movie version. The tattoos *are* questionable, but so was any kind of perma-grin on Nicholson until you saw him use the fire in his eyes, or the "war-paint" look on a grungy Ledger until he became the Joker.

I like the teeth. As you've pointed out, the teeth are a good explanation for the times Batman's punched him. And I like how they help draw attention to his smile; its a good trade off in my opinion for losing a perma-grin.

Still, like always, we'll have to see him in action to see how well this works.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I like it.

You've got perma-white, green haired, red-lipped Joker, and you've got some unique alterations for a new movie version. The tattoos *are* questionable, but so was any kind of perma-grin on Nicholson until you saw him use the fire in his eyes, or the "war-paint" look on a grungy Ledger until he became the Joker.

I like the teeth. As you've pointed out, the teeth are a good explanation for the times Batman's punched him. And I like how they help draw attention to his smile; its a good trade off in my opinion for losing a perma-grin.

Still, like always, we'll have to see him in action to see how well this works.
    The tattoos seem a little busy, in my opinion.

First impression? Better than Ledger's look. "Look" being key. We'll see about performance. But yeah I pretty much love this visual.

All the same though I'm not that into the idea of the overall movie. Maybe we'll see him in Justice League though.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-24-2015 at 06:09 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Oh hey, Marilyn Manson.
    I thought the Riddler was Marilyn Manson.
    The Batman? Anyone?
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Not really sure how I feel about this yet. He definitely looks crazy and very creepy, but it's a radically different look and I'm not sure what I think of it just yet. Part of me isn't completely sold on the tattoos because part of me is wondering, "Who in their right mind would agree to tattoo the Joker!??" but who knows. He probably had one of his minions or some kidnapped tattoo artist do them or something.

Definitely a gritty, more modern, creepy take on the look of the Joker. And I'm still stoked about the movie, that hasn't changed. Looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The Joker looking like a deranged serial killer seems to fit this look honestly.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    Not really sure how I feel about this yet. He definitely looks crazy and very creepy, but it's a radically different look and I'm not sure what I think of it just yet. Part of me isn't completely sold on the tattoos because part of me is wondering, "Who in their right mind would agree to tattoo the Joker!??" but who knows. He probably had one of his minions or some kidnapped tattoo artist do them or something.

Definitely a gritty, more modern, creepy take on the look of the Joker. And I'm still stoked about the movie, that hasn't changed. Looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.
    Yeah, I think that, if you give them a proper motivation (like Harley Quinn with a big gun pointed at your head), it shouldn't be too hard.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Astonishing Member

Yup. Looks like the kind of thing a bunch of old out of touch guys think would be "hip" or "edgy" if you will.

I prefer the classics personally.

I'm not concerned about the portrayal, but that aesthetic rubs me the wrong way.
    Last edited by Ceebiro; 04-24-2015 at 07:03 PM.