Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Got to be honest, the first thing I thought upon seeing it was Morrison's RIP story Joker.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Y'know, isn't change.org meant to be used for... I dunno, world-benefiting things? Like freeing political prisoners, helping abuse victims, that sort of thing... but eh, I suppose funny book movies take top priority, like.
    I hope they get the guy who wrote the "Job-Stimulating Death Star project" response to do this one too.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post

Don't see any face tats.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

I'm the Joker DAD! Why can't you just accept me as I am? you can't stop me seeing my friends. (etc etc)

Seriously though I think he is going to be good. I think this is a promo pic that doesn't literally depict how he appears in the movie.

I'm sure its as accurate to the finished film as those 89 promo pics that showed B and J drunkenly leaning on eachother

batman.jpg
    Last edited by tombo; 04-25-2015 at 10:37 AM.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tombo View Post
    I'm the Joker DAD! Why can't you just accept me as I am? you can't stop me seeing my friends. (etc etc)

Seriously though I think he is going to be good. I think this is a promo pic that doesn't literally depict how he appears in the movie.

I'm sure its as accurate to the finished film as those 89 promo pics that showed B and J drunkenly leaning on eachother

batman.jpg
    AND Batman looking shorter than the joker. Keaton was just under average size, but he looked big and imposing in the suit on screen. This pic shows how well camera trickery works. See also Tom Hardy as Bane. Guy looked massive on screen...but underwhelming in set photos.

In regards to the tattoos, if I had had my way I would have gotten rid of the actual artistic ones. Keep the crude ones like the "HAHAHA"s and lend it to the imagination that he did it himself.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    This is an experiment. There not completely sure what direction to go with Joker after Dark Knight so there trying this. The problem is that these films aren't the place for "extreme" experiments. It should be done in a standalone comic book and if the change is popular then consider trying it in the film. He looks like an obsessed fan of the Joker, I fell like this is someone I'd see at a comicon who's taken their fandom too far.
    Of course they are the place for experiments. Doing it in a standalone comic book and basing the movie off of the reception of that would be a bad idea, because the GA isn't automatically going to like what the comic crowd likes.

I think they do know what direction they want to go with the Joker, considering they've started filming. Kind of committed now.

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    Hold on a second. Something just hit. Now consider this, the Batman were getting in Batman v Superman is possibly coming out of a extended retirement. What if during Batman's retirement, the Joker has been locked in his cell with no motivation to break out, with nothing to do he's just sat there and stewed in his own madness, and without Batman to vent that madness he's started taking it out on himself via these tattoos.
    Yea that's kinda what I was thinking too. Makes sense to me that an older version of the Joker would be tatted up after spending some time locked up. Otherwise it looks like a pretty traditional Joker, so I'm excited to see what they do with it.
    Formerly known as YMCMB

Its not like this is totally out-of-character or anything. The Joker writes "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" on every wall he sees so its not really surprising that he'd write it on himself as well.
    Formerly known as YMCMB

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    First impression? Better than Ledger's look. "Look" being key. We'll see about performance.
    Completely agree with this. I will not judge based on a promo image - I was wrong before with Heath Ledger, and I'll admit that I wasn't thrilled with Anne Hathaway's first promo images either.

I'll wait and see where this goes.
    Current Pull List: Catwoman - Batman - Detective Comics - Harley Quinn - Grayson - Batgirl - Afterlife With Archie - Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Harley Quinn/Power Girl - Black Canary - Midnighter

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    In regards to the tattoos, if I had had my way I would have gotten rid of the actual artistic ones. Keep the crude ones like the "HAHAHA"s and lend it to the imagination that he did it himself.
    i dont even hate the tats i just cant stand the forehead tat lol

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

This looks pretty good to me, and I think he can provide a stellar performance as well.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Looks like a common thug. Joker should be anything BUT a common thug. He's crazy, psychotic, murderous...but he has his own sense of class and style. numerous tattoos like this would clash greatly with his sense of style.

Nevermind.
    Current Pull List: Catwoman - Batman - Detective Comics - Harley Quinn - Grayson - Batgirl - Afterlife With Archie - Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Harley Quinn/Power Girl - Black Canary - Midnighter