Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

30 Seconds to Joker.

I'm really uncertain about this. I'm all for reinventing characters, but there's nothing from this image which screams sinister. Or batshit insane either. I've not held much interest in Suicide Squad besides the possibility of an interesting new Joker, but I won't really be able to make a judgement until footage is released. I guess the idea of a guy in a purple suit is somewhat outdated.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

BANNED

I was hoping that the new Joker would have a little Hannibal Lecter in him. But I honestly don't care for the tattoos.

All-New Member

Also can i admit i'm more than likely biased because i've always wanted to see a Straight Gangsta Mack OG Joker

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    Looks pretty good. Tattoos are a surprise and the intentions seem to be "Lets out-edgy the Ledger version" but the actualy effect works surprisingly well. The tattoos seem to be inspired by the ASBAR version and they're a huge departure from the norm but considering Joker is, for all intents and purposes, a gangster it's much more modern than the double-breasted suit and fedora. I also like the metal teeth, which remind me of Winslow from Phantom of the Paradise and all make a lot of sense: If Joker keeps getting his teeth knocked out by Batman he's not going to be able to just pop them back in.

Honestly, if we can accept Ledger wearing facepaint, dying his hair and having massive scars on his face this shouldn't be a problem. When you get past the tattoos and the teeth this actually LOOKS like Joker.
    Agreed. At first I didn't care for it but the more I study the image, the more I like it. He's got the purple glove which, to me, suggests that he'll be wearing the signature purple suit (sans fedora I'm sure ).

He does look positively insane, this I'm sure.

Incredible Member

This is flat out awful.

It looks like David Ayer felt like destroying something beautiful
    Last edited by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus; 04-24-2015 at 06:54 PM.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    It looks like David Ayer felt like desteoying something beautiful
    You mean like Nolan did?
    Miller was right.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teste View Post
    The DC movies are incredibly miscast. Suicide Squad appears to be only following the trend set by Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman. I hope it becomes such a massive failure that people will think twice before making more comic book movies.
    That's a fair assumption I suppose. But I haven't seen a lot of people say Man of Steel was miscast even if they didn't particularly care for the film itself. As to BvS, I think its a bit early to judge seeing as how we haven't seen the film yet. But I'm well aware of the overwhelming public concern about DC/WB's collective cast decisions. Gadot and Eisenberg being the most debated. Still, I think a call to reserve judgement until we see the actual performance is worth repeating .

that damaged tattoo... errrrrrrr... that... that is

ugh

I can get over the rest I do believe. Definitely different
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

The one thing I DO love is the purple nitrile glove. That is a very nice touch.

BANNED

Now consider this, the Batman were getting in Batman v Superman is possibly coming out of a extended retirement. What if during Batman's retirement, the Joker has been locked in his cell with no motivation to break out, with nothing to do he's just sat there and stewed in his own madness, and without Batman to vent that madness he's started taking it out on himself via these tattoos.

Extraordinary Member

It's not the worse joker design.....but what's wrong with the classic look?

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Looks like the Joker. No more a broad departure than heath Ledger.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Isn't there a picture floating around of a jacked Joker with a Japanese dragon tat on his back? Copy that.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticScholar View Post
    Isn't there a picture floating around of a jacked Joker with a Japanese dragon tat on his back? Copy that.
    we do not talk about ASBaR!