Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Yes, it was very good, one of Marvel's best recent runs...probably in top 10 in last 10 years, better than Brubaker run on Captain America, for me. Can't understand why anybody is giving blanket advice not to read Punisher at all.

Just below that...so very good indeed is Garth Ennis 616 run (as long as you like broad slapstick comedy) and recent Greg Rucka/ Checchetto on Punisher. That latter run is one where the writing and artwork worked wonderfully well together...I thought, for example, that the Punisher's fight against the Vulture was visually stunning.
    who goes into a recommendation thread and says not to read a character at all, lol

For contemporary Punisher, Ennis, Rucka, and Aaron.

For DD, Bendis at 26-81, then brubaker, but you might wanna jump ship after the first two stories.
    Last edited by Kuwagaton; 04-25-2015 at 08:07 AM.

Thank you for making this thread because I am doing the same thing.

I started with punisher and I read his origin story, circle of blood, and welcome back Frank.
    Next I am getting into the MAX series. Everyone I've ever asked says this is the shitttttt so can't wait.
    On a quest to read all X-Men related comics in chronological order
    Titles I'm currently reading:
    Uncanny X-Men - X-Men v2 - X-Force - Wolverine - Deadpool - X-Treme X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    ...then brubaker, but you might wanna jump ship after the first two stories.
    Just to confirm what stories you mean here, Brubaker picks up at #82 with The Devil in Cell Block D arc or also known as The Devil Inside and Out vol. 1 which lasts until #87; and then the arc consisting of #88 through #93 is The Devil Inside and Out vol. 2. Are these the "first two stories" you mean? From the reviews I've read, they seem to agree with you in that #82-#93 is the best of Brubaker's run and that the quality seems to drop from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Seedzington View Post
    Next I am getting into the MAX series. Everyone I've ever asked says this is the shitttttt so can't wait.
    This is, in fact, the shitttttt!