Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The "I can't believe it's not on Comixology, yet!" thread

For those who read digitally on Comixology, I'm sure you have a series that's missing issues here or there. Or perhaps there's a series or mini-series that you cant believe has been omitted.
    Share yours here.

(Sadly we may never see titles such as Atari Force, Micronauts or Rom because of licensing.)

For me, the ones I can think of right away:

DC

New Teen Titans (1984) #65, 69 and Annual #2
    -They've been doing such a great job with this title but I can't see how they could miss these issues. #65 and 69 are both conclusions to multiple issue stories and Annual #2 has been missing for a loooong time.

Batman Adventures (1992) #23-27, 29-36
    -They've uploaded virtually every Batman Adventures run (Gotham Adventures, Batman and Robin Adventures, Batman Adventures vol. 2) and the complete Superman Adventures... but they still haven't finished the first one??
    Speaking of which...

Adventures in the DC Universe
    -I know it wasn't a hit or anything... but c'mon!

JLI (1987)
    -Giffen & DeMatteis had a five year run... not two.

Legion (2001)
    -Hopefully when DC stops being upset with Coipiel or DnA, or whoever it is that they're mad at for leaving, we may finally get this phenomenal run. They're currently heading that direction with their Legion and Leionnaires reprints but who's to say they won't stop just before "Legion of the Damned"?

Legion of Super-Heroes (1980)
    -Continue the run from Great Darkness Saga up to the issue that began the Baxter reprints.

DC Silver Age
    -At least they're working on JLA and Flash... so maybe others will follow. But I'd really love to see some Silver Age Batman or Doom Patrol. Not to mention Teen Titans which has been on #6 for a while now.

Books of Magic (the first ongoing series)
    -Why skip it?

Titans: Scissors, Paper, Stone
    -One of the more interesting Elseworlds. With story and art by Adam Warren.

Marvel

New Mutants (1982) #35-38
    -My physical Sienkiewicz collection actually runs from #18-38. I extended it to #37 because their death at the hands of the Beyonder felt like a good wrap to the run. #38 I added because of the cover and because it keeps it from ending on a downbeat by them shown returned to life.

Fantastic Four (the John Byrne issues)
    -ummm... where are they?

Dr. Strange
    -especially the Roger Stern and Peter B. Gillis runs (including the bridging Strange Tales run by Gillis).

Mangaverse
    -perfect audience in digital for it...
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 04-24-2015 at 08:04 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

The TOP TEN spin-offs, specifically the SMAX mini-series and the FORTY-NINERS graphic novel.

BANNED

I was looking for Morrison's Doom Force Special yesterday. Just not there, which was annoying.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

ALIAS.

Jessica Jones is getting a TV show in a few months, and the only option you have to read her series is to get the whole expensive hardcover at once. I don't understand why it's not up - Marvel uploaded a lot of other MAX series.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    ALIAS.

Jessica Jones is getting a TV show in a few months, and the only option you have to read her series is to get the whole expensive hardcover at once. I don't understand why it's not up - Marvel uploaded a lot of other MAX series.
    I expect that to hit when the Netflix series starts.
    If it doesn't, they would be out of their minds.

Alpha Flight. They added the first eight issues close to two years ago, and the twelfth issue with their "most important stories" or whatever bundle (death of Guardian). But they need to add more.

Excalibur. They only have specific tie-in issues, like the one Fatal Attractions issue and the one Onslaught issue. At minimum, they should add the material from Excalibur Classic Volume 1 and let it grow from there.

X-Factor. I know there's a lot of X-Factor already there, but the 1980s series starts with the Mutant Massacre issues (at number 9). C'mon!

I love me my X-Men books, and it's sad to see such major gaps. I think the only old X-series that is up without any gaps is Uncanny X-Men (and maybe there are still annuals missing; I'm not sure). I'd love for a concerted effort to start filling in X-Factor and New Mutants and start putting up much more Alpha Flight and Excalibur.

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    Alpha Flight. They added the first eight issues close to two years ago, and the twelfth issue with their "most important stories" or whatever bundle (death of Guardian). But they need to add more.

Excalibur. They only have specific tie-in issues, like the one Fatal Attractions issue and the one Onslaught issue. At minimum, they should add the material from Excalibur Classic Volume 1 and let it grow from there.

X-Factor. I know there's a lot of X-Factor already there, but the 1980s series starts with the Mutant Massacre issues (at number 9). C'mon!

I love me my X-Men books, and it's sad to see such major gaps. I think the only old X-series that is up without any gaps is Uncanny X-Men (and maybe there are still annuals missing; I'm not sure). I'd love for a concerted effort to start filling in X-Factor and New Mutants and start putting up much more Alpha Flight and Excalibur.
    I agree.
    I was wanting to get Excalibur for the Alan Davis art and because it was one of Marvel's more fun books from back when DC's JLI was seen as innovative and not as a blight on comics history.
    X-Factor could use filling in, too. But at least they finally put all the Peter David issues up.

Incredible Member

It's weird that a lot of these books are already digitized and available on Unlimited. You'd think they'd want to put everything they have on Comixology asap.

Speaking of Titans, I find it odd they've skipped Teen Titans Spotlight #15. They've had every other issue for a long time, but not that one.

I'm hoping when they finish Team Titans they move onto something like the first "Titans" series from the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
    Speaking of Titans, I find it odd they've skipped Teen Titans Spotlight #15. They've had every other issue for a long time, but not that one.

I'm hoping when they finish Team Titans they move onto something like the first "Titans" series from the 90's.
    I forgot that issue was missing. The Omega Men issue.

It looks like they added the first part of Legion of the Damned.
    So maybe the DnA Legion will make it.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    ALIAS.

There are trades or back issues

Roger Stern's entire Amazing Spider-Man run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    There are trades or back issues
    Forget that, I need it on my devil machine or no deal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Roger Stern's entire Amazing Spider-Man run.
    Parts of it are there, but it's insane that the complete thing isn't.