Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Rat Queens

I ahve started preordering now. But i wasn't working for a long time. And i hadn't bought comics on a weekly basis for years.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Had a great time! Picked up the #1 for $1 issue, liked it enough to look for more-- found the incredibly fair-priced collection 1-5 and quick pre-ordered 8. will have to find 6 & 7 (still to come?) quickly. What fun! Thanks to everyone for wearing down my resistance to getting ANOTHER title: this'n's worth it, yay!!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Had a great time! Picked up the #1 for $1 issue, liked it enough to look for more-- found the incredibly fair-priced collection 1-5 and quick pre-ordered 8. will have to find 6 & 7 (still to come?) quickly. What fun! Thanks to everyone for wearing down my resistance to getting ANOTHER title: this'n's worth it, yay!!
    6 should still be on the shelf. 7 will be out in the next couple of weeks.

Just a heads up to anyone that's loving Rat Queens, Princess Ugg #1 just came out yesterday. Matt Levin and I both thought it was great fun and that Rat Queens lovers may enjoy Princess Ugg. You can read our reviews on the independent forum on issue #1 here http://community.comicbookresources....6-Princess-Ugg . It's a new series by Ted Naifeh the creator of the superlative series Courtney Crumrin. Princess Ugg is getting a lot of positive buzz on Ted's twitter. Newsarama gave it a 9/10 in their review http://www.newsarama.com/21281-best-...ps-2-more.html .

One of the great things about this forum is that we're finding titles that we're enjoying every day by reading reviews from other posters with the same interests. Thanks for everyone here for opening my eyes to Rat Queens.
    Here's hoping future issues of Princess Ugg are as great as the first issue, I'm so glad to have another really fun comic to look forward to every month while waiting for Rat Queens.
    Last edited by Groo Odyssey; 06-05-2014 at 08:55 AM.

Read issue 6 today. I loved it. Of course I haven't read issues 4 and 5 yet but they are on their way.

Got number five in the mail today. really enjoyed it.

BANNED

Won a Rat Queens Tote bag through a Twitter contest. I am lovin it and I'm the envy of a lot of cool people at work. LOL

#brag

But Seriously, this series literally totes Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Won a Rat Queens Tote bag through a Twitter contest. I am lovin it and I'm the envy of a lot of cool people at work. LOL

#brag

nice! If I ever saw anyone walk down the street with a rat queens tote, I would totally geek out.

Got and read issue 4 in the mail today. Ill reread all 6 issues later tonight but I really liked what I have read of it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post

#brag

Lucky.

I don't d&d, rpg or larp so some of the nuances are lost on me. What are the Queen's races?

Betty is a Smidgen I get that.
    Violet is a Dwarf
    Delilah is a Human and
    Hannah is an Elf right?

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    I don't d&d, rpg or larp so some of the nuances are lost on me. What are the Queen's races?

Betty is a Smidgen I get that.
    Violet is a Dwarf
    Delilah is a Human and
    Hannah is an Elf right?
    Yep, spot on.

BANNED

Right with Smigden = Hobbit = Halfling

Writer/Editor/Superhero Marc Lombardi's Avatar

And now it's being optioned as an animated TV show. News broke today just a short while ago:
    http://variety.com/2014/biz/news/hea...ve-1201220135/
    Writer / Editor / Production / Talent Acquisition - www.grayhavencomics.com
    Promotions/Social Media - www.shadowlineonline.com
    Twitter - @marclombardi

awesome news!