Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Rat Queens

Powered By Gravity

did anyone sit in on the Rat Queens Social club? any news come out of it?

Yeah, I'll like to know what the big announcement was too. It has something to do with Gary though. Gary spinoff?
    Last edited by Groo Odyssey; 07-19-2014 at 10:06 PM.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

BANNED

Its a Gary Backup, 1-2 Pages and may be a regular thing. Also they showed a trailer for a documentary they are doing for rat queens.
    Issue 8 is Violet focused but ties into the plot. Showed a pic of her in the past with a beard. Her brother is coming back into the plot soon.
    They have a history for Lola but don't expect to see a flashback anytime soon. She will be around though in this arc because you know only city guard member left standing.
    Rat Queens roster will change overtime but Gary is never going to join.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Its a Gary Backup, 1-2 Pages and may be a regular thing. Also they showed a trailer for a documentary they are doing for rat queens.
    Issue 8 is Violet focused but ties into the plot. Showed a pic of her in the past with a beard. Her brother is coming back into the plot soon.
    They have a history for Lola but don't expect to see a flashback anytime soon. She will be around though in this arc because you know only city guard member left standing.
    Wow this is nice. Pretty surprised that the Rat Queens roster will change. Seems like they have big long term plans for this series, I like it.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Powered By Gravity

What is a 1-2 page backup? Just a short story added to the regular book?

I love this book so much. I don't think I've been this excited about a book in forever. It's such a joy to read.

Quote Originally Posted by skyjumpermike View Post
    Yep. 10charaters.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyjumpermike View Post
    Yeah should be coming soonish, its a short story added to the regular book.

Writer/Editor/Superhero Marc Lombardi's Avatar

The other big news to come out of the Social Club is that Roc was the one who demanded that we all get a peek at Sawyer's junk. So blame Roc and his infatuation with the male jublies.

Quote Originally Posted by RoguishGurl View Post
    lol. It was funny because I was reading it while in the student union on campus and when I came to that I had to lower my computer screen a little. I'm not saying that it didn't need to be included, I just imagine that me looking around the room was a hilarious sight to see.
    I appreciated the peek at Sawyer's junk, tbh (and not for the obvious reason!). It just felt right for a villain who was looking to utterly crush and humiliate his nemesis to deny him even the dignity of his smallclothes. Kudos to Roc.

HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Rat Queens #9

Story By: Kurtis J. Wiebe
    Art By: Roc Upchurch
    Cover By: Tyler Jenkins
    Variant Cover By: Michael Avon Oeming
    Cover Price: $3.50
    Digital Price: $2.99
    Published: September 24, 2014

"THE FAR REACHING TENTACLES OF N'RYGOTH," PART THREE If your enemy is just too damn strong, well...when you can't beat ‘em, join ‘em. And then from the safety of their trust, that's when you kill ‘em with a good rusty blade to the spine. Rat Queens style.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

The Queens invade Dragon*Con. Roc was there, too. Sadly, I never noticed his name on the guest list. I didn't take anything for him to sign and by the time I asked, his sketch openings were all full. I had to "settle" for sketches from George Perez and Mike Grell.

Hope is not lost today. It is found.

BANNED

Feels like the next issue is never coming out.

Feels like the next issue is never coming out.
    Yeah, I had to check the solicitations to see when the next ish is coming out. Says Sep 17 on Priviews catalog but delayed again. Not on next week's shipping either. I'm having a hard time remembering what happened between issues, it's been so long.