Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Rat Queens

All-New Member

I apologize to the Betty fans. She's absolutely my favourite to write, and trust me, I also noticed how absent she was. After writing issue 10, I realized how she had almost no dialog in it. (She originally had one line in issue 10 but the balloon wouldn't fit so we had to cut it. Haha). I think she had less lines because there wasn't as many opportunities for her trademark humour.

The next issue and arc in general have a LOT more Betty. It opens with some of her trademark shenanigans. And I've said on Twitter recently that while the next arc is called Demons, it could as easily be called The Adventures of Violet and Betty.

Thanks for the support, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by kurtisjwiebe View Post
    I apologize to the Betty fans. She's absolutely my favourite to write, and trust me, I also noticed how absent she was. After writing issue 10, I realized how she had almost no dialog in it. (She originally had one line in issue 10 but the balloon wouldn't fit so we had to cut it. Haha). I think she had less lines because there wasn't as many opportunities for her trademark humour.

The next issue and arc in general have a LOT more Betty. It opens with some of her trademark shenanigans. And I've said on Twitter recently that while the next arc is called Demons, it could as easily be called The Adventures of Violet and Betty.

No, thank you.
    I have a zillion questions I want to ask but they are all taboo and would probably drive you out of the thread because answering them could tarnish your good name, so I'll throw out the only one that won't upset the squares: If Rat Queens continues to sell well, could it potentially go for a really long run, or do you have a set end destination in mind that, once you reach it, the story is done for good? I'm hoping I am still reading new RQ for years and years to come, but also never mind when someone wants to tell one big story and then bail.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kurtisjwiebe View Post

Ah Yes on TinyChat u said something about Violet and Betty going on a sort of side mission. Are we getting one for issue 10?

As for you Ragdoll, I think he said something about the story really taking off after issue 15.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Ah Yes on TinyChat u said something about Violet and Betty going on a sort of side mission. Are we getting one for issue 10?

As for you Ragdoll, I think he said something about the story really taking off after issue 15.
    No, the Betty/Violet stuff starts after issue 12. But there's some big things happening to Betty in issue 11.

And yes, the real story I've been planning for awhile now kicks off once we wrap Demons with issue 15. Game changes in a big way.

SOOOOOOO happy to hear that issue #15 is pretty much the beginning of the big story! I love this comic so much that it will be a shame not seeing it around.

Finally read issue 10 loved the story and the art. Do we know what Hannah is yet? Did I miss that? Other than she has horns of a sort. Im not a dnd expert so I don't know the different races or classes.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Finally read issue 10 loved the story and the art. Do we know what Hannah is yet? Did I miss that? Other than she has horns of a sort. Im not a dnd expert so I don't know the different races or classes.
    Between the horns and the persecution, it likely means she's a half-demon of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Between the horns and the persecution, it likely means she's a half-demon of some kind.
    Gotcha. I was hoping for something a bit less obvious.

For the one issue special, is there any certain point to read it? Or is it fine to be read at any point of the series?
    On a quest to read all X-Men related comics in chronological order
    Titles I'm currently reading:
    Uncanny X-Men - X-Men v2 - X-Force - Wolverine - Deadpool - X-Treme X-Men

I've got a quick question I was hoping you guys/girls could help me with.

*SPOILER* Based on the flashback that opened issue #9, I was under the impression Hannah's mother had been killed some time ago. Why then would she be expecting her to be on the other end of the "phone" at the end of issue #10? That kinda threw me a little. *SPOILER*

Quote Originally Posted by BlackagarBoltagon View Post
    I've got a quick question I was hoping you guys/girls could help me with.

*SPOILER* Based on the flashback that opened issue #9, I was under the impression Hannah's mother had been killed some time ago. Why then would she be expecting her to be on the other end of the "phone" at the end of issue #10? That kinda threw me a little. *SPOILER*
    Maybe the ruin stone communicates with the spoilers:
    DEAD
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Maybe the ruin stone communicates with the spoilers:
    DEAD
    end of spoilers
    Thanks for the reply. For some reason, I never gave that a thought. spoilers:
    I assume her father is a demon, after seeing her horns, so the rune stone would have to reach Hell or wherever he might be. I never considered it reaching where her mother might be as well. I thought I missed something.
    end of spoilers

Thanks again. This is such a great series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Seedzington View Post
    For the one issue special, is there any certain point to read it? Or is it fine to be read at any point of the series?
    Technically it occurs after Issue 5 in chronological order. But I dont think it especially matters.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Technically it occurs after Issue 5 in chronological order. But I dont think it especially matters.
    Perfect that's exactly where I am, waiting on second trade.

Finally read Volume 2... God this is so amazing. Not many comics make me laugh out loud. This is exceptional.

Love that Wiebe responds to questions in this thread.

So pumped for more Betty in issue 11.