Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Rat Queens

Quote Originally Posted by notriks View Post
    Or is this a tactic to soften us up for (God forbid) the return of the co-creator?
    No need to soften any one up, anybody who has been reading this book from the beginning, will tell you that ROC is the missing ingredient, we can only hope that he will return at some point.
    #MagnetoWasRight

It's never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by sven View Post
    Never say never...
    #MagnetoWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by sven View Post
    Seem to be some rumblings (from Tess Fowler friends and family on Twitter) that it is indeed happening! I'm stoked if that's the case. Stejic was great, but the current team is just not meshing. Really excited for this to go back to being one of my favorite titles every month.

BANNED

Really? Havent seen anything on that.

But I gotta say the Magic has been lost in my book. Seems like Weibe had 1-10 mapped out and after that it was just gone.

This is the story. http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/05/...to-rat-queens/

Seems pretty lame that Fowler wasn't given the notice she asked for on news she basically expected. Pretty lame of Weibe to spin the story one way when that was never really the case.

EDIT: Post deleted given Kurtis Wiebe's statement.
    Last edited by Coin Biter; 05-16-2016 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Subsequent twitter statement by co-creator

BANNED

Well the story is a mess and sales are in decline right? So could have just been a snap decision. We need to save this and Tess just aint working. Judging purely on product. The third arc had a lot issues in my book especially pacing and characterization wise. And no offense to Tess Fowler her art didn't fit as well Roc's and wasn't technically as good as Stephen.

Granted she probably should have gotten more notice.

Don't ignore that Weibe made an ethical stand against Upchurch's actions, which is why he was replaced. Turns out though, maybe he never actually did that, though.

How he treated Fowler is one issue. How he treated the public is another.

BANNED

Well first its creator owned. Unless there is a lose rights clause if accused of abuse then you cant really force out your core creator. So the implication I got was Roc was at least informed of developments. How much influence he had is unknown.

As for abuse depends on if you if believe in second chances. Roc has been gone for 1+. Wasn't actually convicted of any crimes etc. I don't see anybody boycotting DC based on accusations of a certain editor that is employed over there.

Fowler was treated poorly it seems. The public eh its the public.

Each creator owned book is different. We don't know the details of their arrangement, so let's not even speculate on that. That goes nowhere factual.

I'm not talking about second chances. I'm talking about how Weibe seems to be treating people.

You're a part of the public. If you're cool with being misled, fine. But the public is also your audience who financially allow you to do the book. Don't burn your customer base.

BANNED

He is always been listed as Co-Creator even after he left the book in the book.

The only one who owed anything is Tess Fowler in my book.

I only started reading it because of Roc. Big fan of Stephen as well. Maybe that is why I am less bummed about this.

Granted I don't condone spousal abuse. But I am fine with second chances as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DIVINITY View Post
    Never say never...

Quote Originally Posted by bkart1978 View Post
    Seem to be some rumblings (from Tess Fowler friends and family on Twitter) that it is indeed happening! I'm stoked if that's the case. Stejic was great, but the current team is just not meshing. Really excited for this to go back to being one of my favorite titles every month.

the-simpsons-d-oh-mini-posters-71133.jpg

Not sure how Wiebe could possibly think this is a good idea. The book was already suffering declining sales and this would alienate a huge chunk of the books fanbase. It's almost sure to drive more people away than it brings back. At best it might be a push.

For the record though I don't have a problem with bringing Roc back personally.

BANNED

Well isn't that the point. Sales are dropping time for the Hail Mary.

Treating the current artist shabbily, not to mention the perception that Wiebe's ethical stand was about as substantial as wet Kleenex, is going to have a mixed result at best. I'll probably be dropping the book myself. I wasn't too keen on RQ going to $4 a shot and was underwhelmed by the last arc.