Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Rat Queens

I'll be coming back if the art is good again. The book really did need better than Fowler whoever they put on it.

Huh. Well, Wiebe says there's been no move to get a new artist on RQ. I'd imagine that includes Upchurch.

https://twitter.com/kurtisjwiebe/sta...69168338124801

Quote Originally Posted by sven View Post
    Attachment 35692

Not sure how Wiebe could possibly think this is a good idea. The book was already suffering declining sales and this would alienate a huge chunk of the books fanbase. It's almost sure to drive more people away than it brings back. At best it might be a push.

For the record though I don't have a problem with bringing Roc back personally.
    Oh Happy Days!!!
    #MagnetoWasRight

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/05/...in-march-2016/

Tpb for Vol 3, is ranked 3rd, out of 100. For those yelling, GLOOM & DOOM!!
    #MagnetoWasRight

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    He is always been listed as Co-Creator even after he left the book in the book.

The only one who owed anything is Tess Fowler in my book.
    Really? Owed? What's owed here? What didn't she get that she was supposed to?

Tess Fowler seems like a horrible employee, on the Bleeding cool boards they have a couple threads on this and it seems like she tries to drum up crap whenever she blows a job. I know I would never hire her. Poor Tim Byrd

After reading all this back and forth I hope the original artist is given a chance to come back to the industry weather or not it's on Rat Queens. It's a shame the internet angels don't believe in second chances.

BANNED

Wooohooo !!!! I just grabed the first HC of Rat Queens and i can't wait for it to arrive I'm a big fan of Sword and Sorcery, i love Lord Of The Rings,Conan, Warcraft, Warhammer,Dragon Lance... you name it, i love all of them. I was just bored and decided to watch some youtube videos and i watched a little girl's comics and graphic novels recommandations video, one of the comics which she recommanded was Rat Queens and i immediately fell in love with the series... it looked just awesome, i lost my mind and immediately grabed it. I can't wait to read it, i'm super excited
    Last edited by Batarang; 05-26-2016 at 01:29 PM.

I have no interest in webcomics. I'll probably support the eventual Kickstarter to get the webcomic printed in physical form. There's never a shortage of those.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Interesting. I'll probably also wait for a printed version, but that's only because I keep forgetting that even webcomics I like exist if I'm not reminded of it.

I'll pass on the web comic. The magic is gone from this one. Best to just let it die.

Incredible Member

The question is, is the first hardcover collection worth getting and reading as a standalone story. Is there at least some form of closure to the book?

I guess I could pose the same question for the Peter Panzerfaust hardcover...

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Don't ignore that Weibe made an ethical stand against Upchurch's actions, which is why he was replaced. Turns out though, maybe he never actually did that, though.

How he treated Fowler is one issue. How he treated the public is another.
    It's a shame cuz I really liked Peter Panzerfaust, RQ, and Pisces. In fact, PP had some really profound issues and Pisces was one of the best comics I ever read, very Morrison-esque.

And this was all in spite of the personality of Wiebe that I kinda had an idea of a few years ago (too hipster for me, but I can get over that). But w/ some recent things happening or coming to light (proven or just rumor) such as PP halting production w/ 2 issues left, Pisces being canned w/o any word or closure, this ongoing RQ artist ordeal (though at least Stejic leaving wasn't his fault), he seems like a really flakey, unreliable, selfish person. Maybe I'll check out the webcomic, but I really don't want to support him anymore. I suppose I still wish him the best.

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    I guess I could pose the same question for the Peter Panzerfaust hardcover...
    Is that actually happening? I know Wiebe said he'd finish the series (there's just 2 issues left, jesus Kurtis...), but I'm not sure I buy that given these recent events. But to answer your question, I think PP is worth collecting, though there is no closure to it. Yet.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Hello Rat Queens board!

So I ended up picking up this whole series on Comixology during the SDCC Image sale (99 cents per issue, yay!) I loved every single bit of it, but perhaps should've done some research because I was looking for when issue 17 came out and only saw references to an eventual webcomic and all of these controversies!

Does anyone have any more/new/insider info on when/where the book is coming back? A URL to a webcomic? A news article more recent than the one above? Pure, completely-uninformed speculation?

I hate that I fell in love with something that got interrupted as it did!

BANNED

just hearing about this makes me think this is probably the biggest downside with following Indie Comics...they could get derailed and canned without warning at anytime because the creative team just decided to stop doing it and sometimes without telling anyone