Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Rat Queens

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Somewhat. Both are good humored and funny. Rat Queens has more (hilarious) potty humor and sex though. But if you like Skullkickers I think you'll like Rat Queens.
    Well, I liked what I read of Skullkickers, but after a while I got bored off it. I'll give Rat Queens a go, though.

BANNED

The thing you need to understand about Rat Queens is that it has the best written ensemble character dynamics of any comic book published right now.

Seriously, I can't think of another comic in which the characters had dialog THIS well written AND played off eachother THIS well.

This book absolutely deserves an Eisner award.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Heard a couple people who are pretty keen on this series. Can anyone tell me a little about it?
    I wrote a blog post that gives a little peek into what this comic is about/like. If you're interested it can be found HERE.

I'm so excited for the next issue!

Deserves Eisner for best overall comic IMO.

Writer/Editor/Superhero Marc Lombardi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    So kinda like Zub's Skullkickers?
    Skullkickers is the PG-13 version of Rat Queens (a hard R-rating). Both are brilliant in their own regards.
    Writer / Editor / Production / Talent Acquisition - www.grayhavencomics.com
    Promotions/Social Media - www.shadowlineonline.com
    Twitter - @marclombardi

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Lombardi View Post
    Skullkickers is the PG-13 version of Rat Queens (a hard R-rating). Both are brilliant in their own regards.
    Yeah that kinda works.

BANNED

Anyway listened to the Live Chat.

Takeaways:
    Daves and Braga were not really suppose to be reoccuring. Half the Daves would have died and the rest fade into the Background.
    No plans for an end, lots of story ideas
    They have got historys worked out for most of the characters who reoccur except Gary

And they showed some sneak peak panels:
    1) Dee giving a monologue towards the other rat queens
    2) Sawyer talking to a new reoccurring character named Lola (I think)
    3) Hannah and Betty having a talk.

Oh and apparently Issue 6 has three major events including an ending panel that Weibe has trouble looking at
    Last edited by JaggedFel; 05-04-2014 at 01:51 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Lombardi View Post
    Well said.

Also Son of a Kitten...I am hooked on this series. Rune Smart Phone. Witty banter. Great Art!
    Im glad I got the collected.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Anyway listened to the Live Chat.

Takeaways:
    Daves and Braga were not really suppose to be reoccuring. Half the Daves would have died and the rest fade into the Background.
    No plans for an end, lots of story ideas
    They have got historys worked out for most of the characters who reoccur except Gary
    And they showed some sneak peak panels Dee giving a monologue, Sawyer talking to a new reoccurring character and Hannah/Betty having a talk.
    Oh and apparently Issue 6 has three major events including an ending panel that Weibe has trouble looking at

Good to hear Kurt and ROC got lots of story ideas and we're in for a long ride. Love this series.

BANNED

Casting pic :

BANNED

I tried some casting--let me know what you think. you can see my casting choices here

With Queens like these I'd gladly hand in my inalienable freedoms and slave for the Matriarchy!

I read the first trade only to discover that the title was on hiatus
    But it gave me a chance to go back a couple of times and really enjoy every last drop to the dregs.

Long may they reign!

There's talk of a 'casting call' huh?

Well, I'd rather hear from the folks who find themselves or their friends in these champions. It's incredible how very real and familiar these ladies feel. I know at least two women who 'just know' that they're nearly exactly like one of the Queens. And don't doubt that at all.

NOW that is good storytelling...that is good character creating - comics can't do what the Queens do better than the way the Queens do it.

Oh yea, my favorite Queen...
    How does a guy choose...
    I mean, I adore Betty...who wouldn't...and Hannah's like the older sister I probably deserve...and Violet is pretty much the comic book version of a wonderful friend @coldwater

But the one who truly cuts out my heart, bleeds it dry and restores it back with a pattering spark...without a doubt
    that's Dee
    jGMWk5H.jpg
    Last edited by sungila; 05-04-2014 at 11:50 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

The creators came to my LCS and were signing copies of the first trade that came out and I picked it up on a whim. LOVE THIS BOOK. Adore all the Queens but Hannah is definitely my favorite of the four. That sarcastic mouth, that undying loyalty to her friends, her readiness to always give the finger. I fell in love.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 05-07-2014 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    The creators came to my LCS and were signing copies of the first trade that came out and I picked it up on a whim. LOVE THIS BOOK. Adore all the Queens but Hannah is definitely my favorite of the four. That sarcastic mouth, that undying loyalty to her friends, her readiness to always give the finger. I feel in love.
    I love Hannah so much as well.
    Her readiness to snap off at the mouth is the best thing ever.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

BANNED

Indeed she certainly is honest. Wrecks Havok on relationships though.