Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Rat Queens

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Agreed I am not opposed to time jumps but based on where we last left off. You cant just time jump and have Hannah back on the team in Palisade like nothing happened.
    Off course you can. Thats a hoock for readers: What happened? How did Things change? etc...

If they never explain it then yeah thats dumb, but part of the fun of a timeskip is not knowing everyting that has happened. Thats why DC did it after infinite crisis and Marvel did it after Secret War.
    Back in the day readers, the 80s, readers had no idea for months how Spider-man got a new Black suit.
    This is not a new thing. It can work.

Sure it might very well fail, but there are previous examples of where this actually worked fine.

Incredible Member

I had the feeling that everything from#13 on was a "dream sequence", after they fought the demons in the cave. I had the notion that it was an illusion/mind warp/whatever made by Hannah's father to separate her from the rest of the Queens. It's especially evident with Betty; the sled ride, finding a candy loving dragon, hallucinating the blank people in town. Issue 16 with the town being empty except for the tavern where everyone loves them reinforces that some. Maybe Violet killed Orc Dave after finding a flaw in the illusion in the bedroom.

I'd be fine with issue #1 being a rehash of 16 to flesh this out more and start off with the Queens realizing they've been duped and trying to rescue Hannah.
    Sounds perfect.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    a fan asked Kurtis J.Wiebe on twitter if anything from #16 will be addressed to which he responded no since this will take place several months after that issue

so basically fans bought an issue that has no meaning or purpose...any meaning it had is now lost with the time skip to several months later
    Yeah, it is a fact. If you want the full truth, I had completely run out of steam after a rough year. If you want to read about it, here's a link.

I was burnt out and should've taken the break from everything long before the third arc.

The fourth arc I'd planned had a terrible plot, you would've hated it. Dopplegangers took over the town and the real townsfolk were prisoners. *awful*

I saw a few other comments here I'll address:

1) Peter Panzerfaust 24 came out last week, 25 is next month. It was a financial thing, an issue took Tyler a whole month, as it does for most artists. He was taking home less than $500. He has a wife and three kids to support. He took other work until this year I was able to personally pay him to finish. I just wasn't in that place financially a few years ago.

2) Pisces ended because a double whammy of personal stuff that happened to both Johnnie and I. I'm really sad about that one. It was close to my heart.

3) Rat Queens. Look. After everything, I needed a relaunch. Just for a sense of stopping everything for a few moments to catch my breath and refocus. I realize it isn't ideal, but it has worked for me. Proof is in the pudding, though, right? I hope you enjoy it when it comes out in March. Preview pages should be out soon.

BANNED

Well its nice to see a writer admit an arc was crap.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Well its nice to see a writer admit an arc was crap.
    but what about the people who paid money for that arc? what about the people who went into a hiatus with #16 being their last memory of rat queens?

to just toss that aside and say it never happened is as good as saying fans never spent money on that because it doesn't exist

Spectacular Member

all serialized work has bad moments, bad arcs, be it comics, books, or television shows. one bad arc doesn't mean they can't bounce back up from it.

no story is perfect. but a good story, good characters, they will call back to you, even if they stumble, they can get back up and may keep walking in new interesting directions.

personally, i still feel the call of this story and these characters. before my personal brief run on the series i was a reader and a fan first. that hasn't changed. so i'll be picking them up.

BANNED

I paid for it and I rather we dump that arc myself so I am not feeling burned really. I feel more aggrieved if we carried on with that

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nebezial View Post
    all serialized work has bad moments, bad arcs, be it comics, books, or television shows. one bad arc doesn't mean they can't bounce back up from it.

no story is perfect. but a good story, good characters, they will call back to you, even if they stumble, they can get back up and may keep walking in new interesting directions.

personally, i still feel the call of this story and these characters. before my personal brief run on the series i was a reader and a fan first. that hasn't changed. so i'll be picking them up.

Usually it's a bad idea to act as if the previous issue never even happened when huge stuff happened in that issue

you might as well go for a full on reboot at that rate you can't just pick and choose what gets to stay without sacrificing something in the process

Spectacular Member

we'll see how they handle it. sometimes us writers do this thing where we appear to write ourselves into a corner only to pull off a sick matrix wallrun XD point is, we'll know in march

BANNED

Usually it's a bad idea to act as if the previous issue never even happened when huge stuff happened in that issue

you might as well go for a full on reboot at that rate you can't just pick and choose what gets to stay without sacrificing something in the process
    What usually? How many examples of this has there actually been?

Personnally I would rather they make me feel I only wasted money on one issue, which I really did not particular love either, instead of 16.

I have been buying the issues in singles, with the plan of buy collected versions later on, so this is really not a big problem for me.

Although I might end up only buying collected editions now, depending on my pull list when the next issue comes out.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurtiswiebe View Post
    Peter Panzerfaust 24 came out last week, 25 is next month.
    Is there plans for a second HC now that the series has been finished?
    Last edited by awayne83; 11-22-2016 at 12:25 PM.

Incredible Member

but what about the people who paid money for that arc? what about the people who went into a hiatus with #16 being their last memory of rat queens?

to just toss that aside and say it never happened is as good as saying fans never spent money on that because it doesn't exist
    I don't understand this.

You paid for one comic book and you got one comic book. You read the comic and either did or did not enjoy the story. But you got what you paid for. Did no one buy the "Death in the Family" because Jason Todd came back later?

Comics have along tradition of ignoring and rewriting what has come before. It's unusual for it to be this close together, but we don't know how it's going to play out so it may yet make perfect sense.
    Sounds perfect.

BANNED

Great to see the series coming back both in print and in webcomic format.

I cannot wait to see how the new stories of Betty and her friends turn out.

Also didn't one of them have a beard ?

Incredible Member

Interview and art preview:

http://www.cbr.com/interview-rat-que...-1-new-artist/

Looks good to me. Except where's your armor, Dee? Steel toe boots are a start but, Goblin arrows....
    Sounds perfect.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurtiswiebe View Post
    2) Pisces ended because a double whammy of personal stuff that happened to both Johnnie and I. I'm really sad about that one. It was close to my heart.
    Pisces was amazing. I'm sad also...
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song