Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Thread: Rat Queens

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I'm wondering how long some of you who've posted here have been collecting comics. I've been collecting for a very long time, now, and I'll tell you what's happened for me:
    call me Ishmael, no, wait, wrong story.

I was a Daredevil fan for a VERY long time. Since before DD & Black Widow shared a book. In that time, DD's "origin story" saw so many repeated retellings it was hard to endure another, no matter how good it might seem otherwise. And then there were the v e r y sss ll o w sequences, what we call 'arcs' nowadays. Some really poor DD stories, boring and badly drawn. At the same time, my accumulation over all was becoming unmanageable. Came then, the first culling.

Issue by issue, I judged: keep this because, damn it, I LIKE it, or because it's #56 (randomly picked # here) between #55 and #57? If the former, I kep' it. If the latter... it joined a satisfying pile to be traded or sold.

And so it will be for me with the Rats. Sometime in the future (actually it's happening now with other titles) I'll reread the Rats straight through from #1 to 57 (I'm optimistic) and you know, I'll keep the ones I think are cool, and those others? Somebody else'll like'm, I hope.

So chill. It's amazing to have a writer on board who'll admit to doing better, and nice to have a promise to do better again. And the other issues, keep'm, toss'm. Just...move on. There's so much more to be pissed about than this. Have you seen the new President's cabinet?
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

I see the next trade is due out in October. Would anybody care to comment on the current arc? Has issue #16 been addressed? Does the new arc stand on its own?

Quote Originally Posted by BigJeff View Post
    I see the next trade is due out in October. Would anybody care to comment on the current arc? Has issue #16 been addressed? Does the new arc stand on its own?
    Yeah it stands on it's own. The art leaves a little to be desired compared to the original guy but the most recent issue was really good. Issue 16 hasn't been addressed. I think it's considered non canon.

An I'm not a DnD guy so most of the concepts go right over my head but the talking chest from last issue and the thieving bag of treats this issue had me cracking up. Also I figured out the magical totem moments before it formed and screamed out loud what it was. So glad I was home alone. I'm really glad I stuck around for this arc and didn't jump ship. Still I wish it had just been issue 16 take two or what ever and kept the original numbering.

I feel like Rat Queens is getting close to hitting its pre-hiatus stride again. Could have done without the Days of Future Hannah bit, but eh. Hardly a deal breaker.

Default rat queens #22

Rat_Queens_22_Page_03.jpg
    preview page from rat queens #22
    october 2020

Default rat queens #22

Rat_Queens_22_Page_01.jpg

preview page from rat queens #22
    october 2020

Incredible Member

Anybody understand the ending of #25?
    Sounds perfect.