Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    I've read those stories and did not find her role at all interesting or compelling. If that's Maxima at her best, I'll pass.
    Honestly, I'm not surprised that someone with the username 'misslane' would have this opinion about Maxima.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I think Maxima should have been used to lead the Worldkillers. It's not too late, actually.
    I'd prefer she still be the arrogant but redeemable warrior princess of old than a genocidal monster, but hey, this is the New52 where Bart Allen is a terrorist so...

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    He might have finally pushed it to the point where I'm not going to see the movie. Kurosawa will be pleased if that's the case.
    You are aware he's not writing the movie anymore?
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I'd prefer she still be the arrogant but redeemable warrior princess of old than a genocidal monster, but hey, this is the New52 where Bart Allen is a terrorist so...
    Well, I think everyone except Wonder Woman* got screwed in their New 52 contract negotiations.

*do not mention this to WW board members

I like the idea of Maxima in this "new world". I'd like to see her interact with Diana. I could see there being a bit of camaraderie between them until the tension when she subtly hints at an interest in Superman. I'm comfortable with the idea of her highlighting the exclusive interest in Superman to the detriment of Clark Kent (and showcasing what little Diana understands of it, possibly giving her a better appreciation for it in the process.)

Edit: Maxima might (possibly) be a good enough reason for me to buy the SM/WW book. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Wait. Bart's a what?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Well, I think everyone except Wonder Woman* got screwed in their New 52 contract negotiations.

Hey! We're not ALL crazy, you know? Some of us readily agree with you on this statement. Myself included.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    You are aware he's not writing the movie anymore?
    He's still involved and will be involved in all the DCCU projects...which is why I will boycott all of them.
    Last edited by Kurosawa; 05-24-2014 at 08:05 PM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I love Maxima, and think she's overdue for a return. She doesn't need to be WW's competition, or even interested in Superman. In fact, her character improved in the old universe after she moved on from Superman and became involved with the larger DCU.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I love Maxima, and think she's overdue for a return. She doesn't need to be WW's competition, or even interested in Superman. In fact, her character improved in the old universe after she moved on from Superman and became involved with the larger DCU.
    Agreed.

I supported her retaining her interest in Superman earlier, but I'm totally okay with just doing away with that altogether. You're right. She became a much better character once she moved on.

I do still like the idea of her being in competition with Diana, though. If not for Superman's affections, then at least a classic warrior's rivalry. They're two strong, competitive women. I like the idea of them competing and eventually forming into a friendship from their mutual respect for each other.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

yeah, WW didn't got the best deal out there. IDK who is her agent, good thing with Azz but forgot the rest.

Maxima is a very problematic character, a woman that just want superman because he is the perfect mate? there isn't space for this anymore. much less two women fighting because one of them wants the other woman BF.
    WW shouldn't even fihgt Maxima

She's not problematic at all. She's all about genes and royal blood. She simply feels that Superman is best suited to sire her heir. It has nothing to do with wanting him on any sort of emotional level. If the most powerful being on Earth were Ambush Bug, it'd be him she set her sight on.

I don't know, maybe she can evolve into that, but she should have some attraction to Superman, at least in the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I don't know, maybe she can evolve into that, but she should have some attraction to Superman, at least in the beginning.
    Yeah, the way I see it is Maxima can basically be Superman's Poison Ivy. Ivy also started out being heavily motivated by a lust for Batman, but she has long since evolved into a more complex character with deeper motivations. I even like the idea that Maxima can be like Ivy in the sense that she isn't always an all or an enemy to Superman. Sometimes she's one, sometimes she's the other.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    She's not problematic at all. She's all about genes and royal blood. She simply feels that Superman is best suited to sire her heir. It has nothing to do with wanting him on any sort of emotional level. If the most powerful being on Earth were Ambush Bug, it'd be him she set her sight on.
    It still is problematic it being emotional or not...a woman bagging for sleep with a guy geez

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yeah, the way I see it is Maxima can basically be Superman's Poison Ivy. Ivy also started out being heavily motivated by a lust for Batman, but she has long since evolved into a more complex character with deeper motivations. I even like the idea that Maxima can be like Ivy in the sense that she isn't always an all or an enemy to Superman. Sometimes she's one, sometimes she's the other.
    batman poison ivy? so she will end up having a big crush on WW or Lois?