Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    You imply depth couldn't be added in with good story telling
    Of course it can. Just not by Bioware

and fact is that create a character and romances are very important to the Bio ware fanbase which numbers the millions.
    Yeah, I know that romances are important to the fanbase that Bioware chases these days. That's why their forums are filling with hand-wringing over who is or isn't a potential love interest, how pretty this character is or isn't, who may or may not be gay. etc. Going to any forum about Dragon Age: Inquisition felt like I was hearing people discuss some reality dating show. Meanwhile the game's mechanics are absolute trash but that's not important to Bioware or their current fanbase anymore.

Yeah, I'm ranting. I don't care. I'm still pissed I paid money for DA:I.

BANNED

Look, if you bought Dragon Age Inquisition after Dragon Age 2, and Mass Effect 2 & 3...well, that's on you man. BioWare has been trying to tell people how much they suck for years now. Even the first Mass Effect and Dragon Age aren't up to their old stuff, although at least they seemed to have promise.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Look, if you bought Dragon Age Inquisition after Dragon Age 2, and Mass Effect 2 & 3...well, that's on you man. BioWare has been trying to tell people how much they suck for years now. Even the first Mass Effect and Dragon Age aren't up to their old stuff, although at least they seemed to have promise.
    Yeah, I know. But I wanted to believe. Like you said, DA:O had promise but...clearly the Bioware capable of making games like Neverwinter Nights and Baldur's Gate no longer exists.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

After checking out Pillars of Eternity it reinforces my desire for Obsidian to do a Marvel RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    After checking out Pillars of Eternity it reinforces my desire for Obsidian to do a Marvel RPG.
    I just started that game up. Only about 8 hours in but this game is doing everything right so far.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    DA2's only problem is that it had less than a year in dev time. The character stories are the best in DA2 compared to the other ME/DA games and Hawke is the best protagonist they've had since Revan. If it hadn't been rushed out by EA I'm sure it could have been far better than it was. DA2 is also where they did DLC pretty well, story DLC that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Ugh, Pillars isn't that great. It's more of create your own party of emotionless and epressionless NPCs for you to control and the ones you do get are pretty hit and miss.

BANNED

To say Dragon Age 2 only has one problem is pretty fun...even if that's something that can cover a number of things. I don't remember anything of interest in any of the characters stories. And I sure don't remember anything interesting about Hockey. Some third rate crappy story isn't enough to carry a video game with such terrible gameplay through the same house and cave in the same one tiny city over and over again. And Dragon Age 2 has some of the same problems Mass Effect 2 has, so big bad EA isn't the reason the game sucks.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    DA2's only problem is that it had less than a year in dev time. The character stories are the best in DA2 compared to the other ME/DA games and Hawke is the best protagonist they've had since Revan. If it hadn't been rushed out by EA I'm sure it could have been far better than it was. DA2 is also where they did DLC pretty well, story DLC that is.

Ugh, Pillars isn't that great. It's more of create your own party of emotionless and epressionless NPCs for you to control and the ones you do get are pretty hit and miss.
    The emotion is there if you care enough to dive into it. Chat with your party once in a while.

Dragon Age 2 is a piece of crap. Bad enough that only the minor story bits of the first game carried over. DA2 has stuck in a single city, turning the choices into the black and white affairs as oppose to the ambitious nature from the first game, having to go through the same environments over and over, going with genetic hack-n-slash gameplay instead of sticking with the tactical systems of the first game. I didn't bother finishing the game because the gameplay was so awful.

Rather have Obsdian do it any day. Quite honestly.

I miss Black Isle Studios. They were so freakken awesome.

But yeha as for a X Men RPG? Sure, it will be awesome. Sure, Bioware has a fan base, but there are better people out there.

Astonishing Member

Like the actual Bioware or EA's brand holder handpuppet?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Rather have Obsdian do it any day. Quite honestly.
    I miss Black Isle Studios. They were so freakken awesome.
    But yeha as for a X Men RPG? Sure, it will be awesome. Sure, Bioware has a fan base, but there are better people out there.
    I am pretty sure people from Black Isle ended up forming Obsidian. I would prefer Obsidian over Bioware too. Though Obsidian games almost always have a lot of bugs though

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    I am pretty sure people from Black Isle ended up forming Obsidian. I would prefer Obsidian over Bioware too. Though Obsidian games almost always have a lot of bugs though
    Some of them, the best ones went and formed Trokia Games before Black Isle died though. But Tim Cain is with Obsidian now.

But I would still rather have the people behind Dragon's Dogma or Freedom Force do something like that. While Obsidian is better than BioWare, combat isn't really their strong suit. And in a X-Man (or Marvel) game the fighting aspect seems more import and interesting than what makes up a game like Pillars of Eternity, not that you couldn't have choices being made.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Like the actual Bioware or EA's brand holder handpuppet?
    That is the actual BioWare.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    And this is exactly why I wouldn't want to see this done by Bioware. No depth or complexity to the game but boy-oh-boy, look at all these love interests.
    Assuming that this were true (which I don't agree it is), wouldn't that make Bioware the best game publisher ever to make an X-Men game?