View Poll Results: Will Renew Your Vows become cannon (in continuity)?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 38.46%
  • No

12 46.15%
  • Somewhat

4 15.38%
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Any chance Renew Your Vows makes it into continuity?

I'm holding out hope that somehow Renew Your Vows makes it back into continuity after the new Secret Wars. With Miles making it over to continuity, I would like to think that anything was possible, but it looks like it would have to be a separate universe, which wouldn't make any sense considering they're destroying the Ultimate U. Thoughts?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderguy4 View Post
    I'm holding out hope that somehow Renew Your Vows makes it back into continuity after the new Secret Wars. With Miles making it over to continuity, I would like to think that anything was possible, but it looks like it would have to be a separate universe, which wouldn't make any sense considering they're destroying the Ultimate U. Thoughts?
    I doubt it. If anything, this seems like it'll be an olive branch to finally close the door on OMD and the Spider-Marriage.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Whatever everyone's worst fear is, that is what's gonna happen.

I'm guessing Peter is standing in for this alt-u MJ's deceased or missing Peter since they're stuck on Battleworld, is a step-dad to the kid, and when Secret Wars ends they'll go back to their separate worlds.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

The idealist in me likes to think they would but given how Slott seems so insistent that Peter can't be married and Spider-Man I doubt I'll get my wish. He said something was coming out of Renew Your Vows so we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Astonishing Member

If Slott had written RYV that featured Peter Parker and Betty Brant or Peter Parker and Felicia Hardy, then it might have been interesting to read about.

Amazing Member

I feel the same that it might just be a send off to OMD so that they can finally put that mess behind them, but I also feel like if anyone could continue the family dynamic after RYV it would be Slott.

Maybe when it's all said and done Peter will wind up dead and Mary Jane will be the new Spider-Femme?

BANNED

I really hope so. I've been off and on 616 Spider-Man sense One More Day. I just can't get into it anymore. A permanent restoration of his marriage would make me fully come back onto the book.
    Last edited by William300; 04-26-2015 at 01:46 PM.

Slott has said that elements of RYK will be part of Spider-Man going forward. And either he or someone else at Marvel (I forget) has also said that Peter's relationship status will be set for the foreseeable future.

The question is what to make of those two statements.

BANNED

Spider man in the book dies, but his kid and wife becomes 616 peters wife and kid.

616 Mary Jane dies for you fans.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Slott has said that elements of RYK will be part of Spider-Man going forward. And either he or someone else at Marvel (I forget) has also said that Peter's relationship status will be set for the foreseeable future.

I remember them saying this a while back ago too, I think once they see the record sales that RYV will bring in they'll probably switch SOMETHING. What that something is, I'm not sure.

I doubt it. I think Slott's using an opportunity that we wouldn't otherwise see, but that the effect on continuity will be minimal.

The best indication otherwise might be the lack of satellite material. There's no Renew Your Vows Extra! one-shot to take advantage of a status quo that wouldn't last very long.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member

Perhaps in the final issue of RYV, the riv reality will die and the riv Peter will give his daughter to the 616 Peter

He also said people's hearts would be broken...

Now I wonder... How would people react if 616-Peter dies as a result of Secret Wars and RYW Peter becomes the new main Peter?

Would there be cheers or sad tears or both?

Spider-Verse already made AU Peters dying already seem routine, so surely that can't be the outcome Slott was referring to.

Mighty Member

616 Perer could end up with RYV Peter' s daughter and end up in a relationship with either Anna Maria or Sajani.