Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Im just glad that is away form the batfamily. The batfamily is just too crowded and characters having the same roles and steping on each ohters toes. Grayson is dicks chance to grow outside the family into his own and have his own "grayson-fam", universe and mythos and finally be an equal to batman.

Buti see people wanting dick too go backward to the batfamily and the titans? Why? All it does is put him back in the same role as nightwing. What hurt dick as nightwing the most was that he was too close to batman in themes and the batfam in role it made him look to DC and people who dont know his character like a grown up ROBIN or BATMAN jr. Also dick should have moved form a titan to a leaguer a long time ago because to DC and comic fans and the mainstream the titans are b-team and JL is big time.

Ill end it with this i have never heard anyone refer to agent 37 as batman lite!

Grayson is really doing well to establish its own world and now with him crossing paths with other agencies and Lex Luthor it solidifies its place in the DCU spy world. I agree that the current make-up with the Batfam is just to overcrowded and they should save most of the interaction between them for Batman Eternal 2.0.

I've been loving GRAYSON and BATGIRL so far, so I'm quite excited for BLACK CANARY. I was thinking on passing on SON OF BATMAN, but the more interviews I read, the more I'm interested. Plus Goliath looks pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    im just saying that jason CAN be the big brother to the batfamily and not risking being a copy paste of dick grayson
    I see Jason mostly as the middle brother. He definitely has middle child syndrome, being neither the oldest (who's typically an over-achiever) or the youngest (who gets all the attention and gets away with more). He's going to compare himself with the others, and it's only natural that he should. And the chip on his shoulder about it is one of the things that should define his character and choices.

Everything else is about pushing away and asserting his own individuality, and being cool with his place in the scheme of things, which is why the RHATO setup away from Gotham and his return for events as the Robin who does things slightly differently and pushes the limits of what "dad" will approve of works for me. But certainly he should react to the other Robins and their respective places in the pecking order rather than try to become a clone of any of them.