Amazing Member

Default Time for another Batman/Judge Dredd team up?

Back in the nineties DC comics and 2000AD would regularly work together to produce a team up between Batman and Judge Dredd.

There were 4 tales in all, with some fantastic artists involved, including Simon Bisley, Cam Kennedy and Glenn Fabry.

I was recently re-reading the most recent collection, and would love to see another face off between these two titans of justice.

Can we get a Judge Dredd/Guardian team up this time?

They're practically twins

The Batman/Judge Dredd books had amazing art and energy about them, but I could never escape the feeling the they're just too similar to each other to be any good for a crossover. They have to strut around trying to be a bigger jerk than the other guy. Judge Dredd/Harley Quinn...then we'd be getting somewhere.

Oh, finally. Something that isn't an appreciation thread.

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    The Batman/Judge Dredd books had amazing art and energy about them, but I could never escape the feeling the they're just too similar to each other to be any good for a crossover. They have to strut around trying to be a bigger jerk than the other guy. Judge Dredd/Harley Quinn...then we'd be getting somewhere.
    I thought the Batman/Dredd books were a lot of fun. But, yeah, Dredd/Harley would be hilarious.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

How about a Batman/Phantom crossover?? That would be a more interesting read.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I love those cross-overs! I'd certainly be up for some more. I was hoping this was in the works when DC released the new Hardcover collection, but haven't heard anything so far.

Scarecrow dosing Judge Death with fear toxin, revealing his greatest horror to be cuddly animals, is one of the greatest moments in an inter-company cross-over ever!
    Last edited by exile001; 05-06-2014 at 04:09 AM.

Incredible Member

I like both Judge Dredd and Batman, but I bought that recent collection and I don't like anything about those stories at all but the art. Not to my tastes. The whole rock band scene was very much what I don't want to see in a comic. I don't mind if anyone else likes it, but nope, not for me.