Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Spider-Man's World after "Secret Wars"?

I simply want to share what I expect to be Spider-Man's world once the Secret Wars are over and the new Marvel Universe is created. There are several points I would like to see changed and some others that I believe they have been already decided:

+ I like Flash Thompson as Agent Venom, but having his own legs again; and I prefer his old "soldier outfit" over her current "alien form".
    + Eddie Brock back as Anti-Venom instead of Toxin. His healing powers can work to "eliminate" characters not interesting, and since it can also "estabilize" clones, imagine the ideas for stories involving the Jackal.
    + You'll found this weird, but... How about mixing Spider-Cide and Toxin to take the place of Venom in Spider-Man's foe gallery?
    + Peter and Mary Jane married again, and keeping their daughter. Imagine Peter's problem to control himself with Silk, now having the ties of marriage and fatherhood.
    + Mary Jane keeping her Spider-Powers from "Spider-Island", since her proximity to Peter helped her to be immune to the last phase. I'm not saying MJ would wear a costume like Peter (yet), but she could really enjoy having these powers.
    + Gwen Stacy and Captain George Stacy back to life, possibly from the "Spider-Gwen" universe. She could also assimilate features from Ultimate Gwen Stacy.
    + Ultimate Aunt May could take the role of classic Aunt May. Honestly, I prefer this version over the "old and fragile" old lady.
    + "Web Warriors"/Spider Society. Several other Spider-Men from "Spider-Verse" could find a place in the mainstream, which could take Spidey's legacy to a whole new level. Some of them could even live in different countries: Spider India, Spider-UK, Arachnido Jr, Anansi... etc.

+ They could even bring Ezekiel Sims back, and even using the outfit of "Old Man Spider".
    + Norman Osborn would be back as the Green Goblin. (Seriously, you think his "cured state" would last?). But this version would be like the animated version of "Ultimate Spider-Man", mixing the monster form with his weapons and glider.
    + Miles Morales' cast and elements could be transfered here. He could take the place of a "Young Spider-Man" without having to ruin Peter's adult life anymore.
    + Ben Reilly should be restored to life too. After seeing him in action alongside Kaine and Jessica, these three could even make a good team. Only problem, Jessica may have to change her name to avoid being confused with other Spider-Ladies.
    + I can accept the events of "Superior Spider-Junk" as canon, but with a chance: Octopus transfered his mind into the body of another clone of Peter Parker, not the original Peter.
    + I want Felicia Hardy/Black Cat back as an ally of Spider-Man, not an enemy. (I really hate this part of "Superior Spider-Junk"). On the other hand, someone else (like Lily Hollister) could stole her secret identity and become the "Queen Cat".

Well, opinions?

BANNED

No Ben or marriage. The baby survives, Miles is spiderman too.

Nothing else changes.

I'd be happy if they just restored the marriage. I never really believed baby May died, they could easily find her. She's either in some kind of stasis tank or being raised by agents of Norman's. Bring Ben back somehow. The Jackyl could mix up the liquid remains with new cloned material stabilized somehow. It can be done.
    If anything changes it'll probably be bringing Gwen back in some way. I never understood why one of her clones wasn't more important. It's the best of both worlds, keeping the original dead but getting a knock off to fill that void. None of this would require a reboot.

BANNED

More Ock-Spidey. That is all!!!

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

- Ock back but not as a villain, want the guy to have learnt something from Superior and become a hero of sorts. And have him with Anna eventually.
    - Three versions of Peter in the new universe - 616 Peter, older married RYV Peter and Ultimate Peter. Each of them for different purposes and titles.
    - One title with 616 Peter doing his thing.
    - One title with RYV Peter, maybe taking a more relaxed seat with his younger selves heroing, possibly helping run Parker Industries if that still exists. MJ and his daughter are still around. I also think it might be nice to have his version of Venom carry over so we have Eddie Venom and 616 Eddie and Flash as the current Venom.
    - Ultimate Peter and Miles go to high school and share a title? Or Miles has his own but has a second with Ultimate Peter (and the other Peters occasionally popping up).
    - Spider Verse to continue.
    - MC2 to be utilised somewhere.
    - The mess with Black Cat sorted.

BANNED

Peter and Gwen get married please.

Sins Past and "Superior" retconned

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Peter and Gwen get married please.
    Necrophilia is still illegal.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

The Spidercide/Toxin idea sounds incredible, and would be a great replacement for Venom as a monster, mirror image villain.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

AngelGroveRadioPodcast powerpackers90's Avatar

What I really would like is Peter and MJ at the very least dating if not married at the end.

But what I think we will see
    1.) A version of Miles in the book
    2.) A Gwen in the post Secret Wars world (My guess a comic version of the Emma Stone Gwen)
    3.) That Gwen dating Peter.
    4.) Villains return to "classic" forms like Eddie as Venom, Norman looking like Norman, Doc Ock back, ext.
    5.) Peter working at The Bugle
    Angel Grove Radio
    The "ALL NEW" Spider-Man's Tangled Web-Show ON YOUTUBE!!!!

Remember you did ask for it
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    + I like Flash Thompson as Agent Venom, but having his own legs again; and I prefer his old "soldier outfit" over her current "alien form".
    Actually I would prefer that he could change between the two, so if he spent time with the guardians he could have the alien form but if he was working earth based then he could use the solider outfit but no I don’t think they would give him back his legs
    + Eddie Brock back as Anti-Venom instead of Toxin. His healing powers can work to "eliminate" characters not interesting, and since it can also "estabilize" clones, imagine the ideas for stories involving the Jackal.
    Ok I can get behind this, I agree it would be interesting
    + You'll found this weird, but... How about mixing Spider-Cide and Toxin to take the place of Venom in Spider-Man's foe gallery?
    He does need that kind of villain because I have no idea where Carnage is these days.
    + Peter and Mary Jane married again, and keeping their daughter. Imagine Peter's problem to control himself with Silk, now having the ties of marriage and fatherhood.
    Hell no sorry but that isn’t going to happen in a month of Sundays, the only reason they didn’t do it last time was because it would have aged the character and the reason Gwen’s kids were fathered by Norman was because it would age the character I can’t see them doing it again.
    + Mary Jane keeping her Spider-Powers from "Spider-Island", since her proximity to Peter helped her to be immune to the last phase. I'm not saying MJ would wear a costume like Peter (yet), but she could really enjoy having these powers.
    I don’t think this will happen, Slott has made it clear Peter/MJ will not be back together while he is writing the book but then again its Slott so stranger things have happened.
    + Gwen Stacy and Captain George Stacy back to life, possibly from the "Spider-Gwen" universe. She could also assimilate features from Ultimate Gwen Stacy.
    How do you assimilate features from another character, chances are no gwen will appear and if so it will be spider-gwen but I can’t see them bringing her to 616 because the ASM movies didn’t perform that well.
    + Ultimate Aunt May could take the role of classic Aunt May. Honestly, I prefer this version over the "old and fragile" old lady.
    That would be like combined universes I think it will be very tricky and I’m not sure how much faith I have that marvel can pull it off.
    + "Web Warriors"/Spider Society. Several other Spider-Men from "Spider-Verse" could find a place in the mainstream, which could take Spidey's legacy to a whole new level. Some of them could even live in different countries: Spider India, Spider-UK, Arachnido Jr, Anansi... etc.
    I would prefer just the one peter parker thank you.
    + They could even bring Ezekiel Sims back, and even using the outfit of "Old Man Spider".
    You mean the guy that died during spider-verse right.
    + Norman Osborn would be back as the Green Goblin. (Seriously, you think his "cured state" would last?). But this version would be like the animated version of "Ultimate Spider-Man", mixing the monster form with his weapons and glider.
    Not sure how much I like the Goblin Monster thing, so on the fence with it.
    + Miles Morales' cast and elements could be transfered here. He could take the place of a "Young Spider-Man" without having to ruin Peter's adult life anymore.
    I have no idea of course judging from the all new all different avengers Miles will be in the 616 but I have no idea what supporting cast he might have.
    + Ben Reilly should be restored to life too. After seeing him in action alongside Kaine and Jessica, these three could even make a good team. Only problem, Jessica may have to change her name to avoid being confused with other Spider-Ladies.
    I like the sound of that but Ben or Kaine would need a new code name.
    + I can accept the events of "Superior Spider-Junk" as canon, but with a chance: Octopus transfered his mind into the body of another clone of Peter Parker, not the original Peter.
    I don’t know how I feel about that I’m not the greatest superior fan so I would prefer to keep him where he is.
    + I want Felicia Hardy/Black Cat back as an ally of Spider-Man, not an enemy. (I really hate this part of "Superior Spider-Junk"). On the other hand, someone else (like Lily Hollister) could stole her secret identity and become the "Queen Cat".
    No comment
    Truth is the best policy

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I just hope there's one Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane has an elevated role.

I also hope it's readable again. The Spidey books haven't been "fun" to read since before JMS came on (Ultimate Spidey aside, at least till they killed him).

iMan 42s

Ben Reilly back from the dead in a non spider hero role. Ben could pull a Big Time and use his intellect more so than his powers to help further differentiate himself from Peter. And then Ben having his own idenity would help cut down on the mass amount of spiders at the moment.

May being alive and well.
    I would find an arc with a baby and Kaine being forced to handle a child that would technically be his daughter kind of hilarious.

I am in agreement on spidercide because he would actually serve a point these days.

Removing Anti-venom was a terrible idea.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I just hope there's one Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane has an elevated role.

I also hope it's readable again. The Spidey books haven't been "fun" to read since before JMS came on (Ultimate Spidey aside, at least till they killed him).
    You didn't like JMS' run?

>Peter and MJ back together again and with a family
    >Miles present as Spider-Man and getting some advice from Peter
    >Felicia back to her old self

I'm focusing on what I expect (rather than what I personally want) coming out of Secret Wars.

Honestly? I can equally see it going one of two ways:

1. Nothing major changes. We know Miles Morales will be in the 616, but beyond that nothing crazy happens due to Secret Wars. Peter isn't married. Gwen isn't alive again in the 616. Spider-Gwen isn't brought over. Nothing crazy. MAYBE Peter will have quit being Spidey for some reason, so that Miles can function as the "main" Spidey - but of course this won't last forever.

2. Marvel takes the opportunity that Secret Wars provides and decides to really shake things up. We know Miles Morales will be in the 616, and this basic point is used as the foundation for the changes made to Peter Parker's status quo; essentially, because Miles can be a "young, hip" Spidey, Marvel can utilize Peter as more of an "adult" Spidey, and therefore the marriage is restored and perhaps Peter and MJ have a child as well. Peter might have "retired" in this scenario as well and functions as a mentor to Miles (until his dramatic return of course).

I'd like to see Marvel do #2 just because I like to see them being brave and taking chances - especially because anything that doesn't work can be done away with, as these are comics and nothing has to last forever. I grew up with a married Peter, and I think arguments that it's boring or doesn't lead anywhere is honestly just lazy writing/imagining. Any writer worth his wait will be able to introduce realistic problems/conflicts for Peter and MJ to deal with.

But to be fair, I disagree with others who argue that marriage is the only reasonable thing to do with Peter now in terms of his romantic life.

-Pav, who knows the possibilities are endless...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details