Extraordinary Member

Default Beneath the Trees Where Nobody Sees by Patrick Horvath

IDW Publishing has been renewing its focus on creator-owned content in 2023 thanks to the IDW Originals line, and their latest project sure is... original. Southbound's Patrick Horvath is writing and drawing Beneath the Trees Where Nobody Sees, a series about an idyllic town full of cutesy, anthropomorphic animals where a serial killer is hard at work.

Extraordinary Member

This was damn good.

I cant believe more people are not talking about this book. It’s probably one of the best titles coming out right now. If you haven’t gotten this book I know that reprints are coming out next week and if you are a fan of comics you really should pick this up…or get the trade when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    I cant believe more people are not talking about this book. It’s probably one of the best titles coming out right now. If you haven’t gotten this book I know that reprints are coming out next week and if you are a fan of comics you really should pick this up…or get the trade when it comes out.
    It's a pretty great series! I feel like the animal characters are meant to be caricatures of real life, in a way. Like that cover of Issue 2 (or was it 3?), with the pig Karen looking at the slaughtered pig in the meat shop. It's metaphorical,I think. I don't know. LOL. Regardless, the story is interesting, it's serious but humorous without being over-the-top, and the art is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by BuraddoRun View Post
    It's a pretty great series! I feel like the animal characters are meant to be caricatures of real life, in a way. Like that cover of Issue 2 (or was it 3?), with the pig Karen looking at the slaughtered pig in the meat shop. It's metaphorical,I think. I don't know. LOL. Regardless, the story is interesting, it's serious but humorous without being over-the-top, and the art is nice.
    I’m sure you picked up 5 today which basically was a metaphorical ride through the (protagonist’s?) mind. Good issue and can’t wait for the finale next month.

Only one issue left…out next month. Make sure you look for it at your LCS. The art is awesome too. The covers are gorgeous.