Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Usagi Yojimbo

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    For those who haven not heard, Stan's wife passed away this morning after a long illness. Condolences to the family
    Let me add my condolences as well.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

My condolences to Stan Sakai and his family.

I have a question: How did Usagi get his scar? Also, does anyone know where you can buy Usagi prints and original art?

Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Yojimbo View Post
    I have a question: How did Usagi get his scar? Also, does anyone know where you can buy Usagi prints and original art?
    He got the scar from his only encounter with lord hikiji

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    He got the scar from his only encounter with lord hikiji
    Did he win the fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Yojimbo View Post
    Did he win the fight?
    Well, it wasn't really a fight: Usagi was Lord Mifune's personal bodyguard, when Mifune died on the battlefield in the battle of Adachi Plain Usagi (as a final service to his lord) cuts of his master's head and escapes so that Lord Hikiji won't be able to display it as a trophy. While fighting his way out of the battle he has a momentary skirmish with Lord Hikiji, where Usagi gets that distinctive crescent wound above his left eye before escaping.

On the Usagi board I asked when the regular series would return and got a reply from Stan himself:

The first three issues for Usagi's return are already done, and the first comes out, I think, in May. It is a three issue story with Kitsune meeting Chizu for the first time. Kitsune's happy-go-lucky attitude is a nice contrast with Chizu's super serious one.

I am halfway through the 4th issue (#148) The One-Armed Swordsman.

For folks who missed the limited edition hardcover - Fantagraphics is reprinting Usagi Yojimbo: The Special Edition in softcover

http://www.amazon.com/Usagi-Yojimbo-...=fantagraphics

For those who came in late: it's the first 7 volumes in a bigger format, much like Dark Horse's UY Saga paperbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    For folks who missed the limited edition hardcover - Fantagraphics is reprinting Usagi Yojimbo: The Special Edition in softcover

http://www.amazon.com/Usagi-Yojimbo-...=fantagraphics

For those who came in late: it's the first 7 volumes in a bigger format, much like Dark Horse's UY Saga paperbacks.
    Wow! Thanks for the link! I'll have to look into this!

Finally got The Art of Usagi Yojimbo and The Sakai Project! Package just arrived. We left work early because there's supposed to be heavy snow coming, so I'm just gonna bundle up and enjoy my books for the remainder of the day.

Finally got The Art of Usagi Yojimbo and The Sakai Project! Package just arrived. We left work early because there's supposed to be heavy snow coming, so I'm just gonna bundle up and enjoy my books for the remainder of the day.

I've gotten the Art of Usagi Yojimbo but I have not gotten The Sakai Project yet. How is it?

All-New Member

I wouldn't count on Fanta rereleasing the special edition. It was sold as a limited deal, but they have been really good about keeping the original format volumes 1 through 7 in print, better than Dark Horse has been about keeping all their Usagi books in print (thankfully they're now making up for that).

I wonder how or if the original Usagi graphic novel, Yokai, will be reprinted, as it was done entirely in watercolor.
    They are rereleasing it, only in TPB for now:
    http://www.amazon.com/Usagi-Yojimbo-...=usagi+yojimbo

Quote Originally Posted by kraken View Post
    They are rereleasing it, only in TPB for now:
    http://www.amazon.com/Usagi-Yojimbo-...=usagi+yojimbo
    Yeah, I mentioned that a few posts ago!

I've gotten the Art of Usagi Yojimbo but I have not gotten The Sakai Project yet. How is it?
    I was actually blown away by it. The sheer amount of artists who contributed and the quality of the art knocked me out.

CBR's interview with Stan about the return of Usagi, and more!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...-usagi-yojimbo

I recently bought Saga volume 1 from a recommendation in the Collected Edition thread, after reading the first story I ordered volume 2. I'm now half way through the first volume and I don't think I've ever read anything this good. I can't wait for the paperback Special Edition and the next Saga volumes, seems like I jumped in at a pretty good time to start collecting and catch up.