Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Usagi Yojimbo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    I got it, it's the first Usagi comic I've bought. Liked it, thought I was reading a japanese version of Groo but more serious and without the funny. I liked the colors very much, I think Usagi comics would look so much better in color than B&W.
    Yeah The B&W Style isn't everyone's cup of tea but that doesn't take away from Usagi although It'd be nice to See Senso In Color

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    Yeah The B&W Style isn't everyone's cup of tea but that doesn't take away from Usagi although It'd be nice to See Senso In Color
    There's a preview of Senso in the issue and it was in b&w.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

BANNED

There's a preview of Senso in the issue and it was in b&w.
    i already said i read The Artist Color special so why wouldn't i know that? i was just saying It'd Be Nice to See Senso In Color even though we're just getting it in B&W

the comics themselves aren't as vibrant when they aren't in color

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    i already said i read The Artist Color special so why wouldn't i know that? i was just saying It'd Be Nice to See Senso In Color even though we're just getting it in B&W

the comics themselves aren't as vibrant when they aren't in color
    Whoops misread your post. Yeah, I really like how vibrant the colors look on the glossy pages in the color special. Looks really beautiful. This is really important to me, how a book is printed and presented.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

The comic would cost even more I guess and I am not sure if it then would reach a bigger audience.

Quote Originally Posted by obii View Post
    The comic would cost even more I guess and I am not sure if it then would reach a bigger audience.
    So is Senso $2.99 book? I was under the impression it was $3.99 like the color special. There are lots of books that are in color that are $2.99, don't know why it needs to be in b&w.

EDIT: just saw on the CBR preview that it's a $3.99 book.

BANNED

So is Senso $2.99 book? I was under the impression it was $3.99 like the color special. There are lots of books that are in color that are $2.99, don't know why it needs to be in b&w.

EDIT: just saw on the CBR preview that it's a $3.99 book.
    yeah i don't think being in color would affect the cost much.....it's just Stan Sakai's Way of doing things

What we do is secret Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

These days I prefer my comics to be in B&W. Even though I highly enjoyed the color special, seeing a colored Usagi comic felt different. It was nice though.
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, The Goddamned, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy, King Conan, Last Gang in Town, Sherrif of Babylon, Stray Bullets, Usagi Yojimbo, Weird Love

Color Usagi is always a neat little treat... but in the end I prefer the black and white. It's just you and Sakai's glorious ink drawings (and his hand lettering!) communicating everything. No need for color.

I'll take Usagi any way I can get. I'm just really glad that it's coming back. As a new reader I'm just so glad there are so much material I can pick up as well as new stuff coming out. Good times.

All-New Member

I got it, it's the first Usagi comic I've bought. Liked it, thought I was reading a japanese version of Groo but more serious and without the funny. I liked the colors very much, I think Usagi comics would look so much better in color than B&W.
    Both Usagi Yojimbo and Groo the Wanderer feature the fantastic color work of "Groo Crew co-member" Tom luth, gives both comics a very similar look. I always thought Stan Sakai's other (short-lived) series, Nelson Groundthumper & Hermy, felt like a funny animal version of Groo.

And if you really enjoy seeing Usagi in color, there were four previous Color Specials, three from Fantagraphics and another one from Dark Horse. AND the whole second volume, published by Mirage, was originally published with awesome colors by Tom Luth......

so is the Stan Sakai Project available anywhere? I know it was at San Diego.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    so is the Stan Sakai Project available anywhere? I know it was at San Diego.
    I'm hoping its at fan expo

Extraordinary Member

Such a great feeling to have a new Usagi comic waiting for me at the store. Felt so good I asked the store to order the upcoming Saga editions as well. I only just read the Color Special last night as well and it took a few minutes to get used to the black and white format. Really interested in where this Senso series is going with that first issue cliff hanger.

Spectacular Member ThiefHookUps's Avatar

I ordered the Stan Sakai Project from my store and they said it'll arrive in a couple of weeks (this was a couple of weeks ago) so hopefully it's there waiting for me when I go in this weekend. Is it no longer available through comicshops? I'm sure Fan Expo would have some copies and hopefully more copies of it will start popping up. I hadn't realized how hard it was to find now. I hope my comicshop wasn't lying about ordering it!