Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Usagi Yojimbo

Long time Usagi fan here. Only recently finished vol 24 Return of Black Soul and was wondering if there was anything past it?
    Last edited by AJpyro; 08-09-2014 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Long time Usagi fan here. Only recently finished vol 24 Return of Black Soul and was wondering if there was anything past it?
    Your answer lies here.

I picked up the first issue of Senso today. Haven't read it yet but I'm looking forward to it.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Really happy to know that Usagi will be back to ongoing after Senso completes.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

I just started reading Usagi Yojimbo and I love it. I am wondering if there are any good action figures of Usagi anywhere? Can anyone help me?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Usagi Yojimbo; 08-21-2014 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Yojimbo View Post
    Does anyone have a Usagi Yojimbo action figure? I am looking for a good one.
    I own them all, and the best one, by far, was put out by Antarctic Press a few years back. Only the more expensive variant editions are available on ebay right now, but the basic one generally doesn't sell for much, and it comes with a tokage too!

Here's an ebay auction with the variant versions for reference: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-ANTARCT...item4185344225
    Last edited by shaxper; 08-21-2014 at 06:01 PM.

Thanks! I appreciate your help.

Anything for a fellow Usagi fan!

I just recently got Usagi Yojimbo Vol. 1 The Ronin and Vol. 27 A Town Called Hell. Both were very good. I can tell that Stan Sakai's art style changes a lot in the time between those books.

Aw Yeah Usagi!

I'm contemplating buying the Usagi Saga ltd edition, as everybody seems to praise this comic, but I would need a bit of help to understand what this saga edition collects:
    - Vol.1 coming out in October 2014 collects vol.2 #1-16 and vol.3 #1-6
    - Vol.2 coming out in March 2015 collects book 11: seasons, book 12: grasscutter, book 13: grey shadows
    - Vol.3 coming out in June 2015 collects Usagi Yojimbo vol 3 #31-52 + DH presents
    I am a bit lost. Is this saga edition a good starting point for someone who has never read UY? A lot of issues do not seem to be collected in there, such as vol.1?

Thank you guys.

I would recommend the new series (Senso). I had never read Usagi before and then someone pointed it out to me. I thought it was going to be a funny series, like Tiny Titans or Itty Bitty Hellboy. Once you get by the whole rabbit-samurai thing, it is a relatively serious series.

Did Usagi Yojimbo #2 come out today? If it did, my LCS did not get it.

Just picked up a copy of the sakai project.

Excellent artbook and the money goes to a good cause

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I'm contemplating buying the Usagi Saga ltd edition, as everybody seems to praise this comic, but I would need a bit of help to understand what this saga edition collects:
    - Vol.1 coming out in October 2014 collects vol.2 #1-16 and vol.3 #1-6
    - Vol.2 coming out in March 2015 collects book 11: seasons, book 12: grasscutter, book 13: grey shadows
    - Vol.3 coming out in June 2015 collects Usagi Yojimbo vol 3 #31-52 + DH presents
    I am a bit lost. Is this saga edition a good starting point for someone who has never read UY? A lot of issues do not seem to be collected in there, such as vol.1?

Thank you guys.
    Volume 1 was published by Fantagraphics and they retain the rights. Fantagraphics published a 2 volume slipcase hardcover Usagi Yojimbo Special Edition a while ago that collected all of volume 1 plus the stories from Critters, Albedo and so on. These were also published as volumes 1-7 of the original line of paperbacks and limited edition hardcovers. The Special Edition is kind of expensive now, but the original volumes should be available.

Still, I don't think you'll have any problem starting with the three books that you listed here. The Fantagraphics books were good, but not necessarily essential for understanding and enjoying Usagi. The Saga series Volume 2 collects issues 7-30 and doesn't leave any issues out between volumes 1 and 3.

Been reading senso and have the first 2 volumes of the Saga ltd edtn on preorder. That's where I'm starting. Hopefully Fantagraphics reprints the slipcase special edition, I really want that.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

I wouldn't count on Fanta rereleasing the special edition. It was sold as a limited deal, but they have been really good about keeping the original format volumes 1 through 7 in print, better than Dark Horse has been about keeping all their Usagi books in print (thankfully they're now making up for that).

I wonder how or if the original Usagi graphic novel, Yokai, will be reprinted, as it was done entirely in watercolor.