Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Usagi Yojimbo

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    I wouldn't count on Fanta rereleasing the special edition. It was sold as a limited deal, but they have been really good about keeping the original format volumes 1 through 7 in print, better than Dark Horse has been about keeping all their Usagi books in print (thankfully they're now making up for that).

I wonder how or if the original Usagi graphic novel, Yokai, will be reprinted, as it was done entirely in watercolor.
    That sucks. I wasn't reading comics when Fantagraphics released their slipcase special edition, I would've picked that up for sure. Hopefully they do something similar in the future as there will be a lot of new Usagi fans with the new series and the Usagi Saga omnibuses. Good timing for some old Fantagraphic editions to be in deluxe format.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

How did everyone like the new issue of Senso? I thought it was really good. Does Usagi have an ongoing series that was interrupted by Senso, or are there just lots of mini series?

Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Yojimbo View Post
    How did everyone like the new issue of Senso? I thought it was really good. Does Usagi have an ongoing series that was interrupted by Senso, or are there just lots of mini series?
    The first two issues of Senso have been okay but I'd much rather see a return to the main storyline than a War of the Worlds homage.

The ongoing series was interrupted by Stan Sakai doing work on a 47 Ronin miniseries, but from what I've read, the regular series will pick back up again sometime after Senso is done.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The first two issues of Senso have been okay but I'd much rather see a return to the main storyline than a War of the Worlds homage.

The ongoing series was interrupted by Stan Sakai doing work on a 47 Ronin miniseries, but from what I've read, the regular series will pick back up again sometime after Senso is done.
    I'm still hoping we one day get to see who the dark ones Jei serves are

I just got 47 Ronin. It was pretty good. An interesting story and I liked all the biographies and etc in the back.

Senso is thrilling... but also terrifying!!!

Surely this is a possible future and not a definite one?! Sakai is killing main characters so casually!

Senso is thrilling... but also terrifying!!!
    Im guessing possible future

Amazing Member

is anyone picking up Saga Vol. 1 tomorrow? I'm certainly considering it

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by tfranzone View Post
    is anyone picking up Saga Vol. 1 tomorrow? I'm certainly considering it
    I have it ordered so as long as it shows up at the shop I will be buying it.

I was on the fence about getting the Saga books, but now I here they're larger than the normal paperbacks? Might have to go with that.

I was on the fence about getting the Saga books, but now I here they're larger than the normal paperbacks? Might have to go with that.

They are larger indeed.

My copy arrived yesterday. its beautiful

Anyone else pick up the latest CBLDF 'Liberty Annual'? Stan does a four page Sasuke the Demon Queller story for it.

I enjoyed issue #3 of Senso, but yes, it is a possible future, but not necessarily the only one for Usagi and his circle of friends and enemies.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

It's quite a nice package. I was assuming that it would be the same digest size as the other Dark Horse omnibii (Grendel, Nexus, etc), but it has the same dimensions as a regular tpb and a huge page count. It's like DH's Savage Sword of Conan reprints, but with better paper. Very happy to have this edition, and I've already pre-ordered volumes 2 and 3.

For those who haven not heard, Stan's wife passed away this morning after a long illness. Condolences to the family